Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• KalanafeinKalanafein Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2015
    I just managed to get it, after interminable hours trying (without success) to get the chat to work in Firefox (it just put me on an endless hold while it attempted to get me an advisor.. I thought I was on queue but it turns out the browser could not correctly open the chat)... In the end I just loaded it on explorer and within minutes they added the game on origin ^^ If the chat gets stuck as I've described, try changing browser, that solved it for me ^^
    They just asked for my ID name and for a picture of the cd and game manual, as others have already said.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Keep trying! Try another rep... It might take a few tries.
  • SimmerChloeSimmerChloe Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you so much for letting me know of this! I just contacted EA, and luckily the second person I got on chat was very helpful and gave it to me. I probably wouldn't ask for it outright, and instead just tell them you own the base game and wanted to buy the rest of the expansions.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    Thank you so much for letting me know of this! I just contacted EA, and luckily the second person I got on chat was very helpful and gave it to me. I probably wouldn't ask for it outright, and instead just tell them you own the base game and wanted to buy the rest of the expansions.

Congratulations on getting the Ultimate Collection.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited July 2015
    @demonicgroupie Yes, they did end it a while ago but if you have a code or ask them nicely, you might still get it. I know you didn't get so lucky the first time time. It can take a few calls. Check out the comments here. Good luck :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Does it matter how many Sims 2 games you own? Can I ask ?
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    & will it be compatible with my Windows 8 Vaio laptop? ♥
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    > @sophtastic said:
    > Does it matter how many Sims 2 games you own? Can I ask ?

No, it doesn't, from what I heard, even if you don't have any TS2 game, they'd still give it to you if you're lucky.

> @sophtastic said:
    > & will it be compatible with my Windows 8 Vaio laptop? ♥

Yes and no, they seem to have updated it since I don't notice any issue lately except for sim shadows, If you do however encounter a problem, this link should help:

🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Or use this if you want a quick fix:

www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
    Signature3.jpg
  • Blood_WolfTige12Blood_WolfTige12 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2015
    I have a question if i were to buy the base game could i still get the Ultimate collection still?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I have a question if i were to buy the base game could i still get the Ultimate collection still?
    Maybe. The deal was only for a limited time and was over a year ago. But, some people have still been able to get the game by giving their codes to customer service reps.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Blood_WolfTige12Blood_WolfTige12 Posts: 2 New Member
    ok thank you i have been able to find them all on Amazon but i was just wondering
    You can also try asking nicely even without a copy. Some have gotten lucky this way. People are still getting it no matter if you get a rep or two that says otherwise.
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited September 2015
    Wow I can't believe they are giving you such a hard time. I called EA about something else to do with TS3 and I got the nicest rep ever. We were chatting and I told him I missed out on the sims 2 UC and how I missed playing the sims 2 but I still have all my discs. He just gave it to me. I did not ask for it. I did not have to prove I own the sims 2 even though I have all my games including the original boxes they came in.

@phoebebebe13
    this is not meant to be rude at all i swear, i'm just curious. if you already have the disks, why do you not just install and play them? why get a dl through origin (or does this mean you don't already have all the stuff to begin with)? i only ask cause all of sims 2 is on my comp and plays just fine. no need for origin.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    hellojewby wrote: »
    Wow I can't believe they are giving you such a hard time. I called EA about something else to do with TS3 and I got the nicest rep ever. We were chatting and I told him I missed out on the sims 2 UC and how I missed playing the sims 2 but I still have all my discs. He just gave it to me. I did not ask for it. I did not have to prove I own the sims 2 even though I have all my games including the original boxes they came in.

@phoebebebe13
    this is not meant to be rude at all i swear, i'm just curious. if you already have the disks, why do you not just install and play them? why get a dl through origin (or does this mean you don't already have all the stuff to begin with)? i only ask cause all of sims 2 is on my comp and plays just fine. no need for origin.

I cannot answer for @phoebebebe13 but having the Ultimate Collection is for starters a much quicker installation process, can still be played outside of Origin and provides a handy safeguard should any of the disks get damaged or lost. For myself I was only missing a couple of stuff packs, but getting the UC means I now have everything readily accessible and my disks can rest on the shelf in happy retirement.

*sigh* a remastered TS2 Ultimate Collection would be amazing :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Anybody who has managed to get a copy congrats :) I have the full collection on disk but i tried 3 times to get a code for origin but each time they tell me its too late and no longer available!!!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »
    Anybody who has managed to get a copy congrats :) I have the full collection on disk but i tried 3 times to get a code for origin but each time they tell me its too late and no longer available!!!

That's truly a shame. Hopefully, you just had a run of bad luck, instead of it truly not being available anymore :cry: I already have my copy, but it's still such a good game and it's redonkulous that they have made it unavailable :disappointed:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    hellojewby wrote: »

@phoebebebe13

I cannot answer for @phoebebebe13 but having the Ultimate Collection is for starters a much quicker installation process, can still be played outside of Origin and provides a handy safeguard should any of the disks get damaged or lost. For myself I was only missing a couple of stuff packs, but getting the UC means I now have everything readily accessible and my disks can rest on the shelf in happy retirement.

*sigh* a remastered TS2 Ultimate Collection would be amazing :blush:

oh right on. thank you. and SOO glad no one thought i was being a meanie lol
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • permaglopermaglo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, I wanted to let you all know that I contacted origin this morning and asked, at first he told me it was not possible. Then I told him I was sad because I saw that other people had gotten it. He then asked me if I had a copy of the sims two on disc and I told him no, that it was linked to my origin account already.

He asked for my account, then told me he had added it to it. I'm downloading now. He was fantastic. I hope you guys can still get it ! Good luck!
    That's wonderful @permaglo ! I think it's very telling that they haven't made the ultimate collection available for sale. I suspect that they believe it would impact significantly on TS4 sales. Enough so that making it available for sale on Origin wouldn't be worth the money they would lose.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    For some reason I couldn't find my own thread and thought this got deleted. Glad to see people are still able to get it.

• JubbYOJubbYO Posts: 34 Member
    Just got mine! thank you guys so much! Also, I used my bon voyage code because it was the only one I have! Happy simming!
  • Anonymous_girlAnonymous_girl Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2015
    It worked for me too. Thank you!
    Post edited by Anonymous_girl on
  • juyajuya Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got done talking with a rep. He was very polite and didn't ask for any proof at all, just my Origin email address. It took a while but I didn't mind waiting.
  • alicemullanealicemullane Posts: 6 New Member
    I got mine today, it's downloading now, they asked me for a picture of my game disc and code, but I don't have any cause my parents gave them away after I moved out without me knowing, so I just explained the situation and they still gave me it!
  • xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    Every time I try to go on a live chat, it brings up this! :(71h5xv.png

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg