Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sigh at Stealing

Comments

• Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    How can I report Pitbullboxer31. He has one of my houses in his gallery. I ask him to remove the house from his gallery but he just remove my post.

bears.gif
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    @Dec3338 Sorry to hear you have fallen victim to this re-uploading sprea also. You can report to EA thru this link: https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-report-cheating/ There you should be able to add a screenshot too. Also you can report him through Origin. Open your Origin, click friends in the top menu and find his origin id on there. When on his profile you will see a report user action on the right. Hope this helps.

Hugs
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    How can I report Pitbullboxer31. He has one of my houses in his gallery. I ask him to remove the house from his gallery but he just remove my post.

Hi you can follow this instructions to report this https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-report-cheating/ you could also report him from the in-game gallery with the report button

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

Thanks Twiggy and KojiK. I'm going to report him right now.

bears.gif
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    As aggravating as this guy's behavior is, especially since it is designed specifically to have his bit of fun at the expense of everyone else, I personally am even more aggravated with Maxis at the moment. This type of situation can only arise because the "Original By" is still not fully locked down. It took an inordinate amount of time to get their attention to the issue in the first place, and it continues to take just shy of forever to get action on it. While they have removed some loopholes for lots, they haven't addressed the sims or rooms loopholes at all. I'm not sure how they could have set themselves up so badly from a programmatic standpoint, but I hope they will eventually get it fixed. I'll continue to be as patient as I can be about it, but I have to say, if this thing isn't locked down right from the get-go with The Sims 5, there is no way I will even consider purchasing it. There is no excuse for a big upset like this which could have been completely avoidable with proper programming.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @ BryonyRae, pitbullboxer31 has up-loaded your Ra's Towers. I hope EA does something to stop this. It takes the fun out of this game.

bears.gif
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Perhaps, instead of speaking to this person directly, people should PM those who leave admiring comments on his stolen stuff.
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    I haven't yet had anyone steal my stuff use to be I posted my homes on my website for upload there since I use to use CC in sims 3 and 2. I spend at least a week if not more on a home just using ingame items hell a recent build Fable took a week. That is time I spent not that twatwaffles time to just yoink and claim as his that is like taking a artist painting wiping of their sig and putting yours it is Theft of Creative control theft of my art it may just drive me away from the game or back to using a website to offer my stuff rather then the gallery.

Ea really needs to get it together on this
    Yes, he is attempting to directly harass me now. The only positive is that it allows me to provide additional screen shots for my case on Origin. Beyond that, I won't waste further time on him.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    Pitbullboxer31 steals a huge lot of other members creations, he accuses other to be thiefs, and he says that he won't stop it. Just yesterday, he stoles me 5 rooms, and more créations from other.
    @Xinqun totally see what you mean. I have been posting on walls of admirers to inform them of the plagiarism in the hopes to enlighten the community of his current actions. May continue to do so. This also means tho that his harassment towards me is getting to a point where he seems getting more mad then he already comes across. Though i am not at all intimidated by his actions. I continue to have fun ingame. Especially since it is heartwarming to see the community's response to our plea.
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited October 2015
    Hello everyone. I wanted to hop in here to say that we are very aware of this issue (thank you to those who brought this to my attention) and will be handling it. I want to reiterate that our team does not tolerate the harassment of users - whether it occurs in the forums or on the gallery. We are also looking into the loopholes for Original by on lots and rooms. @BryonyRae has been very helpful in providing me with links to the threads all of you have started about these issues, it really helps the QA team when attempting to reproduce the issue to know all different scenarios in which they can be done.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou @SimGuruDrake for commenting and letting us know whats going on I really hope something is done because there are so many great people getting really upset by this and it would be a shame for them to stop playing over silly people like this.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @ SimGuruDrake , Pitbullboxes31 has up-loaded my house Park Place Now With Pool. I have ask him several times to remove it but he only removes my posts. Could you please have someone remove it from his gallery or ask him to remove it. Thank you

bears.gif
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I want to make things clear for those of you who've added the users name in some of their uploads to the gallery: Please remove those as that is endorsing the harassment of a user and just because they did something like that doesn't mean you are okay to do it. Any users who have uploaded anything to the gallery in the attempt to name / shame any user will be actioned against.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    I agree don't lower yourself to his level, I have been ignoring him since my first initial requests for him to take my builds down because it just eggs him on to do more and harrass more.
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Nattie1912Nattie1912 Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello all ... I am Nattie AKA #hugglemonsta . I don't do an awful lot of posting on the forums, sorry to say. But I thought I would pop over and say I am sorry that he/she has done this to you all ... did the same to one of my houses lol kinda think he/she is having way too much fun with this and naming and shaming him/her is making it more fun for him/her. I am not sure how he/she is actually doing it must be a Mod of some sort, 'cause there is no way that he can build as many things as he stole in one day.. and still not have 'original by' on it. Any hoo .. as I said I am sorry that this is happening to you all, but try not let it destroy the gallery .. I love the friends I have made and continue to make so I am sure that the Powers that be are doing everything that they possibly can ( as they have mentioned). So keep your chins up, stay calm and keep smiling .. after all ... you can tell there are a lot of people out there who DO care .. just read this thread. :) So keep simming, and I look forward to seeing all your new stuffs!! <3
    Huggle <3 ( I guess I am not uber enough to make smileys and hearts ... sad story )
    So much for taking them down hasnt he put new ones up? thegizky build?
    No, he put that on up yesterday before his so called remorse set in. Though i don't see any remorse since there is still a catalog filled with other simmers creations of which he claims they are his. It is a shame really.
  • Coffee219Coffee219 Posts: 128 Member
    I think we all knew he had no intention of taking down what he didn't have to. I get wanting to give the benefit of a doubt, but in this particular case, I'm fairly positive it's a waste of effort. It's pretty upsetting, but I've expended way too much energy on this already.. That being said I really do wish there was a better system in place for handling this stuff. Yesterday was so bad. I felt almost powerless. I don't think anyone should ever have to feel that way playing Sims. It's Sims. Not exactly a game known for harassment and bullying.
  • thegizkythegizky Posts: 84 Member
    @coffee219 that's my issue exactly - why isn't there a better system in place? These things make me more annoyed with 'the powers that be' rather than any players. A player went on a rampage harassing many players and it took over a day for response? Another player posted threatening stuff directed at me last week, and it is still there? I know I have reported many people before for insulting or threatening other players, and I get a reply in a week that they "received" my complaint...
    Along with the lots that were re-uploaded yesterday, there were a good number of rooms as well. Unfortunately, I do not usually pay any attention to rooms and so am completely familiar with who their original creators might be. If any of you had your rooms re-uploaded by him or know the creators who did, could you please pop into his catalogue and note the "original by" on them?
    So I had put in reports and complaints and to EA and Origin and all I got back was "We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance"

Nothing was done and nothing was even said to me about, horrible customer service
    I think that's because the guru team is working on it @Cbear13, so the Origin team probably dropped out of it.