Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/26 #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I am going to give a try to this challenge. I always wanted to do a city challenge, but there are so many things to keep track of to determine when to move ppl in, build stuff, etched. This one seems cut and dry.

Bc there are 15 lots, I cut out the night club generation bc I don't want a bar, lounge me nightclub. Also, I just finished the runaway teen challenge. She grew into a YA w 15k, so I just moved her to new rest as the founder. Didn't want my runaway teen to just proceed through a Career to build a house. That part seemed boring.

So I moved Parker Barry to NC to be the first founder. She moved onto the lot, which will be the park. She did bring plants w her from my runaway teen challenge. I know it's not part of the rules, but eh. Worst things could happen. I built her a simple 8x8 house with the basics and I chose the painter career for her. Unsure if I'll have her marry and just get her pregnant eventually.

I start coaching basketball next week, so my play time will be sporadic. I'll probably start just a basic blog with basic info and post updates on there with a link here.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Awesome @dmama1314 ! I hope you have lots of fun with the challenge and keep us posted.

It feels so odd to be halfway through. Sometimes I feel like I'm almost at the end and sometimes it seems like there's heeps to go still :D
  • Options
    Here is my blog link! I will update the gen one page until she is finished, but this is the only way I can think to keep it organized when not telling a full story!

http://dmama1314newcrest.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    @dmama1314 Cute! Parker seems determined, and has an interesting backstory, coming from your runaway teen challenge. Her cottage is lovely.
  • Options
    Generation 1 is complete! Generation 2 has begun with all building of the lowerclass area and the park!

• Options
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    Generation 1 is complete! Generation 2 has begun with all building of the lowerclass area and the park!

Those starter homes are looking pretty cute @dmama1314 :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Maladi777 - Thanks for checking it out, and thanks for commenting to tell me so! I hope you continue to enjoy Seven's crazies. :) Calling myself Mission Control instead of the usual Watcher was a random stroke of cleverness, I quite like the dynamic it's made myself, lol.

Reading your story now :smile: It's so much fun.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hey! I am about to start this challenge (Founder, check! Backstory, check!)
    But I was curious if you would like to apply *bonus* generation rules. For example building pools or (if you got the pack) spa's. I really would like these lots in my new-built Newcrest. But then these lots would need their own generation aspiration and rules. Please consider, you already got me really excited!

I also wondered how many houses you have to build in each neighborhood generation, is there a minimum and maximum or just how many you feel like building?

You did an awesome job on this challenge!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Hey! I am about to start this challenge (Founder, check! Backstory, check!)
    But I was curious if you would like to apply *bonus* generation rules. For example building pools or (if you got the pack) spa's. I really would like these lots in my new-built Newcrest. But then these lots would need their own generation aspiration and rules. Please consider, you already got me really excited!

I also wondered how many houses you have to build in each neighborhood generation, is there a minimum and maximum or just how many you feel like building?

You did an awesome job on this challenge!

I'm only on Gen 3 but I will say I had to build 3 lots for Gen 2. B/c of the aspiration, Gen 2 needs to have at least 3 kids so... I guess you could build 2, one to live in, and one to move the first non-heir out to, then leave the second non-heir in the house you raise the family in.
    My Gen 2 heir had a brother, so the brother had one house, the first son had a house, and I left the second son in the house Id been playing. Then my Gen 2 heir moved to the lot that I'm going to build the Library on with the Gen 3 heir.

Sorry that seems confusing! Simply put, since there are 3 generations that 'build a neighborhood', 2 of those will have 2 houses, 1 will have 3. However, if you supplement future generations so you can build a pool, then all 3 would have 2 and you'd have one lot left over for the pool (spas you can build in with a gym, which is how I think the challenge is laid out - with that expectation that if you have Spa Day that the gym lot could be a good combo lot, so no need for a separate one really...)

I planned where I was going to put all of the lots for my builds before I started playing :)
  • Options
    @Spacey72659 That's really a good idea! Fusing lots together, well kind of :D
    I already planned where I wanted to build what lot, so I hope it turns out okay.

Do you have a thread where I could follow your legacy, I would love to read about it :)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @Spacey72659 That's really a good idea! Fusing lots together, well kind of :D
    I already planned where I wanted to build what lot, so I hope it turns out okay.

Do you have a thread where I could follow your legacy, I would love to read about it :)

I don't write stories - I just do LP's. If you're into watching those this is the playlist link -
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2eJptcpgnGN-lOpTpoYTxt0OhRRKtFy
  • Options
    BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    I am on my Generation 2 and have Genreation 3 born
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
  • Options
    pixelatedKarpixelatedKar Posts: 382 Member
    Hey all, newbie alert well sorta.

I just started this challenge myself and enjoying it! I've started blogging it if you'd all like to take a look. So far I have only a short intro chapter to begin. Here's the link: buildnewcrestknightlegacy.wordpress.com/ and I've began to read others stories that you've posted! This challenge reminds me of the Sims 3 Adam and Eve challenge.
    Legacy Central - Reading Circle | The Blount Legacy | One Hundred Gnome's
    ORIGIN ID: pixelatedK
  • Options
    Just finished my requirements for generation one!!! Woo!!
  • Options
    quincylfquincylf Posts: 32 Member
    Love this idea! Will have to try it on my next game play thru! Will be printing off these rules so that I have them!! Thanks!
  • Options
    Decided to give this a go again. After a nice break from the sims I jumped back into another challenge and restarted this one (couldn't get into my old save). The requirements for generation one are complete! The possible heir is one male son, currently a child, and an unborn baby. Got the next houses placed, moved into their new house and currently working on creating the park! Lots of plants so be placed, had the founder plant lots for extra income (as well as painting which he made a lot off of) and in a club called the Artistic Seedlings. Maybe start a blog with posts here and there to show progress.
  • Options
    @pixelatedKar Nice to see someone reviving the thread! :) I can imagine the GT clubs being quite helpful with the first generation's task, that's a good idea. Have fun with the second go of the challenge! :)
  • Options
    Super happy to hear we'll be reading more of you soon! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @pixelatedKar Nice to see someone reviving the thread! :) I can imagine the GT clubs being quite helpful with the first generation's task, that's a good idea. Have fun with the second go of the challenge! :)
    It certainly was once I got the hang of the club and the club perks :)

Super happy to hear we'll be reading more of you soon! <3
    Hopefully! Trying to get into the grove of taking photos where I don't lose interest but so far no luck.

Played a ton today! Up to three children now, Darrell, Karson and Kendrick. I think the youngest will take over the challenge now to just play and wait before I can continue on. Got the park finally complete and boy am I proud of it! Will share photos later! The founder and wife are now adults, the oldest son has married and moved out with his pregnant wife into one of the low income houses. May play them for a bit until they have their baby.

Also question, is there a rule about using the wishing well? I put one in the park but having checked it out yet because I wasn't sure if there was rules pertaining to it.

Here's the family tree for those interested: Click Here
  • Options
    It's been decided! Karson will take over as heir on his next birthday as a young adult!
  • Options
    I've finally done some writing! Got the introduction complete, now to find more time to get some chapters completed. The beginning of my weeks are busy as I have pole lessons, pole conditioning and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 boot-camp plus working days but hopefully between work and fitness class I'll get some writing in.

Without further ado here is the link: CLICK HERE

PS. Yes I did change their last name, I never fell in love with it and decided if I'm going to make this challenge work I needed one I could bond with and cherish as generations grow. So there new legacy name is Cooke. Also in game I'm currently the farthest I've ever come! Generation 3 babies have arrived! Can't wait to share more as I complete chapters.
  • Options
    yo_prinz_ohyo_prinz_oh Posts: 30 New Member
    Hello! Sorry for reviving this thread but I've just started playing this challenge, well, the Sims 4 actually, and I've got a question. I know that you may not change the aspiration once it has been rolled out and you may only do so once completing it. Does this rule still apply to the new aspiration or can you change the second aspiration into something else?
  • Options
    Hello! Sorry for reviving this thread but I've just started playing this challenge, well, the Sims 4 actually, and I've got a question. I know that you may not change the aspiration once it has been rolled out and you may only do so once completing it. Does this rule still apply to the new aspiration or can you change the second aspiration into something else?

@yo_prinz_oh Nothing wrong with reviving it, this is a great challenge! :)

Well, you can select their aspiration once they become YAs (to go alongside whatever generational task they have). I would imagine you shouldn't subsequently change that aspiration until completing it though. At least that's how I've been interpreting it. :)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Thanks for replying!

Okay, so let's say I've completed the generational aspiration. Time to change into another aspiration. Say, fortune. Then along the way I want that sim to pursue a romantic relationship with another sim for a spouse. So, can I change my aspiration into a romantic one even though I have not finished fortune aspiration yet? I kinda realized this technique of changing aspirations depending on what the sim is doing to earn more aspiration points to unlock reward traits like Never Weary and Hardly Hungry.
  • Options
    Also, I just rolled the leader of the pack aspiration for my generation 3 heir. Since the gen 3 heir should have the author aspiration:
    1. Should I choose author instead of what has been rolled?
    2. Should I choose leader of the pack and change to author once he reaches YA?
    3. Should I choose author, just to get the muser trait, then change to leader of the pack aspiration for the rest of his teen life or until he finishes it, then back to author once he reaches YA?