Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goofy sims? Sims having only one personality

JavieraDelSolJavieraDelSol Posts: 1 New Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims (2000)
Let me apologize for my not complete knowledge of the english beforehand.
Well there is something that has been bothering me A LOT since the sims 3... and is that sims only seem to have one personality, even when you choose the different traits. They are just so goofy and they laugh for everything and I can't stand that.
It bothers me because I make a beautiful sim, meant to be all mysterious and unreachable, but what happens when I start playing with it? It laughs and makes silly faces all the time.
The same if a make a very strong, muscular, serious sim. And it looks awesome in CAS, then it's nothing like I wanted him to be!
And every sim acts the same. It just gets annoying, boring and old.
Does any of you know a mod to make the sims not so goofy?

Comments

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    No idea, really! But I haven't played much of 3 and nothing of 4. This section is really much about TS1 so I'm not sure if that's helpful to you?
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I don't think there's a way. TS1 was the trailblazer for Sims games, so of course there was not as much dimension then as there is now. It wasn't until TS2 that they really acted different, and in TS3 you could physically give them traits. Oh well, even if it is a little boring, at least it's nostalgic! :)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    Because Maxis wanted to make the Sims series very lighthearted and increasingly cartoony in both presentation and style. It's not a decision I wholeheartedly agree, but I can see where they are coming from.
    positively Epicurean
  • VickiVampiressVickiVampiress Posts: 211 Member
    > @CoemgenusK said:
    > Because Maxis wanted to make the Sims series very lighthearted and increasingly cartoony in both presentation and style. It's not a decision I wholeheartedly agree, but I can see where they are coming from.

Yeah, it's a thing I've been noticing too. I think The Sims 2 nailed it in terms of drama and seriousness when it comes to death and falling-outs in families. The Sims 3 has the best balance if you ask me though. It seems to be the most balanced Sims game so far.

But yes, Sims in all games have a tendency to be a little... Weird.
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    It was and still is hilarious watching the gruff & tough males acting all girly & giggly.
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I feel the same way as you do actually, especially in The Sims 4. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but when you want your Sims to act serious it's pretty frustrating when they act goofy. It's like you can't restrain that part of them. I wish sometimes that Sims were more calmer and serious and mature, but that's just me.