Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing pets AFTER apartment life? would it work?

sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
I just entered the world of the Sims a couple of weeks ago so right after buying the Sims 2 (along with apartment life, pets, and seasons) I picked whatever expansion pack I wanted to play with first (after I played with the base game for a couple of days). So I began playing Apartment Life which I really enjoy. All is going well however I want a new way to increase my Sims fun meter (especially for the kids after school) and I decided that a pet would be fun and make the kids overall happier. Since I installed apartment life before the pets, would features from pets still go on to apartment life so I can buy an animal? would anything get deleted? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    Although it is recommended to install the expansion packs in order of release, I don't think anything should be removed or deleted. It would be best to back up your files just in case.
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    If I remember correctly, you'll just have to get the newest disk to override everything and use that disk to play. Ex: my latest disk is Garden/mansion stuff pack. I didn't install in order but that one had to to the disk that started up the game. So if yours is Apartment Life, you'll prolly just run the game with that. Mine was fine(no files lost ect) but I can't say that for everyone. Be sure to back up your stuff.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited October 2015
    No, you'll still have access to the features of Pets if you install Apartment Life. It doesn't matter which order you install Sims 2 expansion pack, however you might have to use the Apartment Life disc, since it is newer then Pets. Also, since you own a boxed copy of the Sims 2, you could try to get a copy of the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition by contacting EA support.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »
    No, you'll still have access to the features of Pets if you install Apartment Life. It doesn't matter which order you install Sims 2 expansion pack, however you might have to use the Apartment Life disc, since it is newer then Pets. Also, since you own a boxed copy of the Sims 2, you could try to get a copy of the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition by contacting EA support.

Seconding the UC suggestion :)
    Lift me up - Let me go