Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Things Disliked About TS4

Comments

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited October 2015
    Multitasking
    I hate musical chairs.

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    We need more hair choices for kids as well.

As well as more NPCs: babysitter, firefighter, policemen, ...
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ErieBabyRoxErieBabyRox Posts: 9 New Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > We need more hair choices for kids as well.
    >
    > As well as more NPCs: babysitter, firefighter, policemen, ...
    THANK YOU!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    The time flows too fast. It's mostly all about Needs management.
  • horrorfanatichorrorfanatic Posts: 35 Member
    I want sims to react to things happening around them more. In TS3, they got angry when they broke their appliances, or when you turned their TV off. Depending on what traits they had, they'd even laugh at another sim peeing themselves! All of this always made me laugh, and was for the most part very believable. But in 4, all of that's been inexplicably done away with. Now if my sims start a house-fire, they'll panic for five seconds, run outside and FORGET ABOUT THE FIRE THEY JUST STARTED BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT IN THE SAME ROOM AS IT. How is that a good change to make? Why make the sims "smarter" if you're just going to turn them into brain-dead zombies and suck out all the humor? I really hate these kind of changes since they're completely unnecessary and just take me out of the game. And they need to bring back more careers and traits; I want the military and political careers to come back, as well as the stylist and teacher professions. Some of the more entertaining traits need to come back too, like the diva or klepto one. Also I'd like some more variety with the accessories in CAS; they did good separating the hairstyles and hats, but why stop there? I want to be able to put scarves, bows and headbands on my sims too. And body piercings, because there's no excuse for STILL not having those after so many games.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Some of the little things that I experienced and really bothered me :

1. Sims react slowly, it always takes a few siminutes for them to actually do what you want, I think it came with a patch a few months ago and never left.
    2. Your sim talks on a phone with another sim... which is actually stalking at the door or walking on the street and clearly not on their own phone.
    3. When your sim is bored but too poor to afford more than a bookcase, they will start a new book every 10 secondes as they seem to be unable to read for a longer time.
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2015
    Welcome to 2015, were you want a lot of money and don't want to work for it.

I Agree with everyone here about all the things missing in this game.

No personality to the game anymore

Feel's like I'm playing a Facebook game or Something that 12th grade school kids made and Not a Professional company.
    edited October 2015
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    I have NOT got The Sims 4 but I have The Sims 3 and have seen gameplay for 4 on YouTube. Mostly for Create-A-Sim or 100 Baby Challenges in Sims 4....but still gameplay! Anyways, I notice things that make The Sims 4...worse than 3....
    -Babies age right to child, no Toddler in between? This is not how life works. Teaching kids to walk/talk is actually fun sometimes to watch. Toddlers are cute! With no Toddlers, Child age Sims can't play Peek-a-boo. It was something a kid could do to a toddler. Boosts Social and the kid-to-toddler relationship. It's adorable! Also, the 3 days-3 DAYS before the child goes to school for the first time. Sims 3 had 1 day of no school for them. Maybe the weekend if they were born then too.
    -Lack of customization hair/clothing/stuff.
    -Babies just live in the cot and all look the same. Okay, I know, that's like the other games too...but the Babies in TS3 have a blue or pink blanket according to gender, and the crib colour can match if you want it to. Oh, and the stuffed bear(don't remember what it's called but it comes with base game TS3) can be pink or blue too. In 3 you could at least carry the baby around, and leave them on the floor! (Plus in Normal lifespan they're babies for 3 days, the same amount of time a kid has before going to school for the first time in TS4.)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @twinsister27 : I agree with you on the toddler problem, but this is hardly a small issue, so it´s not belonging here. Same for the lack of CaSt, the OP stated that he didn´t wish to discuss the lack of these "big" features in this thread.

As to babys, they do have different outfits according to gender and life state in TS4, and you can also change the color of the crib.

If you wish, you´re warmly invited to discuss the lack of family play in Sparkfairy´s thread over here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/p1037
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Here's a little thing that's bugging me at the moment... not enough activities make the sim's fun need go up. Not every personality type should need TV, computer games, or reading to increase their fun. I have a family-oriented sim with the big, happy family aspiration who just adopted a baby. His family-oriented trait does cause him to get sad if he doesn't interact with the baby frequently, but meanwhile, his fun is super-low and cuddling, cooing, feeding, etc. does nothing to increase that. Also, he loves the outdoors and doing things outside doesn't help his low fun levels either. I wish they would tie the sim's fun levels in with their traits somewhat - watching TV shouldn't be so much fun for an outdoor-loving sim. :/
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    edited October 2015
    I miss the landline phones from TS1 and TS2, plus the random/funny phone calls that came with them. Weird that TS4 is supposed to be set around the time of TS1 yet all sims have a smartphone by default...
    Post edited by Xavy on
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I hate the cell phone thing too. I don't even have one in real life. :p
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    I find it entertaining that everyone complains about The Sims 4 everyone has a phone by default and I think nobody realizes that TS3 has the cell phone by default too after they're a certain age.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    -Resetting households when returning home
    -Missing life stage toddler
    -Closed off world with tons of loading screens that will get longer as more DLC is released just like The Sims 2
    -The dull world design that offers nothing in it for reason to explore
    -The culling and breaking family trees (yay my sister is now preggers by my grandpappy!)
    -Fade off lots
    -No carpool, vehicles, or school bus
    -No work lots or other locations such as movie theater, cemetery, grocery store, salon. Even though they were rabbit holes in TS3 they still offered more gameplay and depth to what was once a life simulation
    -Lifeless babies restricted to generic magically appearing cribs
    -No nursery objects
    -No canes for elders or unique interactions
    -The singleplayer linear mmorpg goal system and gameplay style of the game as a whole
    -Flat lots due to no terrain tools
    -Cannot relax on the bed like past games, now we sit on the side-what?!
    -No swimming in natural bodies of water ('too hard' they say so we get a new texture for pool tool)
    -The useless broken employees in Get To Work
    -Too many stuff packs trying to milk us by adding demanded objects such as Perfect Patio's hot tubs Hurray $10 for hot tubs!

Oh the list goes on and on, there are very few things that can be positively said about this...this 'product'.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    ahholladay wrote: »
    Here's a little thing that's bugging me at the moment... not enough activities make the sim's fun need go up. Not every personality type should need TV, computer games, or reading to increase their fun. I have a family-oriented sim with the big, happy family aspiration who just adopted a baby. His family-oriented trait does cause him to get sad if he doesn't interact with the baby frequently, but meanwhile, his fun is super-low and cuddling, cooing, feeding, etc. does nothing to increase that. Also, he loves the outdoors and doing things outside doesn't help his low fun levels either. I wish they would tie the sim's fun levels in with their traits somewhat - watching TV shouldn't be so much fun for an outdoor-loving sim. :/
    I agree that is a big problem for not just family players. I am starting to wonder if that is why the woohoo stats are up so high because there really isn't that much for Sims to do to increase that need bar.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    1. Plants don't die. Annoys me to no end. They should seriously die.

Agreed!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AlexanderTrin3AlexanderTrin3 Posts: 46 Member
    i don't know about the little things... i honestly can't see the trees because of the forest. i can deal with the small nagging, mole hill-sized things if there wasn't a mountain to failure to deal with.

ok... i guess having to fish at specific fishing sites marked off with those fishing signs instead of being able to fish anywhere.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    1. Plants don't die. Annoys me to no end. They should seriously die.

They made a big deal out of the "revamped" gardening system of TS4 before its release, but in all honesty, TS2: Seasons, and even TS3, were way more complex and in-depth. I mean, for one, TS2 has sprinklers, greenhouses, juicers, composting, etc.

I totally disagree!! TS3 gardening was 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

As for TS2, it's "gardening system" was "DLC", remember? The base game came with no gardening.

Greenhouses and plant growing affected by the weather, like in TS2, make no sense in the base game because, duh, there is no weather!

None the less there is much more variety of trees and plants you can grow in TS4 and as for composting you might not have a nice object to store stuff like tree leaves (again, no Seasons no sense for it to be somewhere as of now), but you can use almost any vegetable as fertilizer right from your inventory like in TS3.

And slicing them in TS4 is kind of fun.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Since it has to be small rather than my main issues, it is the eyebrow animation.
  • XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    > @twinsister27 said:
    > I find it entertaining that everyone complains about The Sims 4 everyone has a phone by default and I think nobody realizes that TS3 has the cell phone by default too after they're a certain age.

Yes, but at least you have the option to silence the cellphone and not use it in TS3. And there are landlines if you really want to have them, even though they don't ring like TS1 and TS2.