Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    sabreene wrote: »
    The talk of sticking pins reminded me of voodoo dolls!

I was so relieved she actually was there waiting for him, and it wasn't a prank anyone set up! I love the picture that shows both their profiles. She's so dainty and pretty, and you get such a good shot of how his nose and chin sort of make a C. Such a nice contrast between the two. I really love him.

Your builds are so amazing. I think I'll have to download a few and put them here and there in my game. I haven't done up Merri's town too much yet. In my old games I had every lot customized, but somehow haven't felt like creating a whole bunch for a third time... especially when I see lots like this, that have such incredible detail!

Yes...I think I had voodoo dolls on the brain since I just put one in a spooky build I just did. Ha!

Oh I'd love to see some of my builds in your story!! I'm a steampunk freak. I think you'd like my Hidden Secrets Mill. I'll get the link for you later as I'm not on my computer (ipad).

Glad you all are liking this story! <3

Every build I've seen of yours has been incredible, so that would be awesome!

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @sabreene thank you! Here is Hidden Secrets Mill . Hope you like it! It has a secret room and could be perfect for your story... >:)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick I'm also big fan of steampunk, goth and cyberpunk style, I could call it my world ;)

Good because this story will have most of that in it at one point or another! Ha! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    @pammiechick I'm also big fan of steampunk, goth and cyberpunk style, I could call it my world ;)

Good because this story will have most of that in it at one point or another! Ha! :D

Yay! *jumps happily!* <3
    @sabreene thank you! Here is Hidden Secrets Mill . Hope you like it! It has a secret room and could be perfect for your story... >:)

Oooooh. It looks so neat! I can't wait to download and explore the secret room. I have ideas!
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 7

After Harry and Shem chatted for a while, it was getting late and he stood on his feet, pulling Shem up. “I’ve had a nice time with ye, Shem. Don’t think I could top this fer years.”

Screenshot_209.jpg

Shem laughed. “Och, why don’t I make it even better?” Then she raised herself on her tiptoes and kissed Harry, sending shockwaves all the way down to his toes.

Screenshot_208.jpg

The next Monday at school, Harry told his friend, Blurgh, all about his night with Shem. “Can ye believe it, man. She actually kissed me?”

“Way to go, you sly dog.” He gave him a high five in congratulations.

Screenshot_211.jpg

“Shem is a bonny lass to be sure. I’m jealous!”

Harry waved him off. “Nah...just dumb luck is all. Or maybe it’s a wee bit o’ fairy luck?”

“Still believe in fairies, do ye now? Harry ye never change.”

Screenshot_213.jpg

When Harry arrived home that day, there was something different in the air. His father asked him to meet him out on the porch with a stern look on his face. He couldn’t imagine what he had to say to him except for a hearty congratulations on obtaining a girlfriend, an accomplishment he himself thought was never going to happen.

“Harry. Yer young adult birthday is minutes away and so I must give ye this letter.”
    He motioned toward a parchment rolled up under glass.

Screenshot_221.jpg

Fireflies seemed to zing in his stomach. This was it! The time he’d been waiting for --ever since his father told him about the letter. But he was also hesitant. Did he really want to finally know who he was? What if his parents were evil?

“Gosh, Da, do I really need to read it? I mean...you’ll always be me father. I don’t need to know anything else.”

Farkus waved his hand. “I’m under an obligation to give it to ye, son. What ye do with the information is to yer discretion, but at least ye need to read it.”

Harry sighed, scratching the back of his head. That did make sense. What would it hurt? It wouldn’t change who he was anyway and besides. He was awfully curious.

Screenshot_219.jpg

He unrolled the parchment, yellowed with age and two photgraphs fell out onto the table. “Are these me da and ma?” he asked Farkus.

Screenshot_94.jpg

Screenshot_93.jpg

“Aiy, lad,” Farkus gave a curt nod. “Yer mother was half gnome and half troll and yer da...”

“Was full blooded troll. Even I can see that.” As Harry read over the scroll his eyebrows drew up in confusion.

57b6cfef-9785-46a6-b07d-3dd88b98e62a.jpg

Dearest Harry:

I am loath to inform you that you are indeed the offspring of my brother, Sir Vormop Horrid the Third and his wife, Lady Higglesnop of Rabbithole Court. They met an untimely death at the hands of the evil Ratsnide Bonplumbob and so, to hide you, I had to resort to the good tidings of the gnomes. Once Bonplumbob was vanquished, I was to send for you. Unfortunately, it took quite some time as he’s a warlock and can make a good potion or two. But the Reaper finally came for him, thank the Maker.

This means you are indeed a troll. I know this comes as a shock, and I’m sure you are overjoyed as trolls are much superior in mind and talent than a mere gnome. You have inherited the Mansion on Horrid hill and are to adhere to the following rules if you intend to stay on as a Horrid heir:

1. You must find the wittiest woman in which to sire a child since the Horrid stock must be kept pure.
    2. You must sire at least five children with five different women. This is the Horrid way, handed down from generation to generation and is the sole reason we are above all creatures.
    3. If after five children you would like to settle down with someone, then by all means the family will not stand in your path but do be careful with whom you marry for they will have the Horrid name after all and should be of fine caliber.
    4. You will hand over the estate to only ONE heir when you find the wittiest. This must be a male. No females shall inherit. It is the troll way.
    Please watch out for nasty creatures that might want to steal your fortune and don’t be gullible like your dearly departed father and mother. They were too trusting.

I wish you well, my nephew,

Uncle Flobbish

Harry crumpled the paper in his palm. “This is rubbish, Da. Five women? And no marrying until I have five children? What kind of people are these trolls?”

Screenshot_230.jpg

“Son, these were yer parents and this is yer estate.” He showed Harry a picture of a home that looked more like a castle than a house. It even had a moat!

Screenshot_248.jpg

“It’s been in yer family for hundreds of years, lad. At least we can go over there and have a wee look at the place before ye make yer decision, eh?”

Screenshot_233.jpg

Harry’s mind spun. He wasn’t about to do what the eejit parchment said with having five children with five different women. He knew of one woman he wanted and he could have ten children with her! “What does this word mean, Da? Witty. We don’t use it in Gnomelish.”

Farkus pulled off his hat and scratched his bald head. “Aiy, laddie, I don’t know. With all me lawyer training that is one word I’ve never come across. But looking at the context of the sentence, my guess is it means bonny.”

Screenshot_225.jpg

Bonny, Harry thought. Well, Shem was the most bonny in all the land. She must fit the contract. At least a bit of it. “What happens if I don’t go through with all of it. I mean...I’d like to marry Shem and I don’t intend to sire five children with five different women. It might be the troll way but it isn’t mine.”

Screenshot_229.jpg

Sweat rose up on Farkus’ nose and he wiped his brow. “Well, laddie, ye’ll lose it all. The fortune, the mansion, everything yer parents and ancestors worked for. I guess it’ll go to yer cousins. Ye have about ten of ‘em and they’re already grappling for control of it as yer birthday approaches.”

Harry rubbed his chin in thought. It couldn’t hurt to bring Shem to the place and they could have a wonderful life there in comfort. “Okay, Da. We’ll go right after me birthday and have a look.”

Farkus smiled broadly. “Wonderful choice, son. I know ye won’t regret it.”

“But I do have to ask ye, Da,” Harry said. “Did ye know about this all along?”

“No...I...er...did a bit o’ research having peeked at it a few weeks back. Sorry, son, but it’s the lawyer in me.”

Harry grinned at his father. He would not have expected less of him. “You’ll visit me at me mansion, right, Da?”

“Of course, laddie!”

Screenshot_218.jpg

Days passed and both Shem and Harry celebrated their birthdays together at his father’s home.

Screenshot_216.jpg

Farkus took Shem aside and said, “Do ye love me son, little lass?”

Shem smiled, wide eyes glowing. “Why, yes! With all me heart. There’s not a soul in the land as pure as his. We hope to be married soon. I can’t wait!”

Screenshot_217.jpg

Farkus then told her about Harry’s inheritance, the terms of the contract, and all that he’d be missing out if she were to marry Harry. “So you see, lassie, Harry can’t marry ye...at least he would if ye allowed it, but he’s a prince in his home land. And he has a legacy to carry out. If he stays here with the gnomes, he’ll always feel like an outsider, even with ye loving him. It’s been hard on him living here all his life. Does that make sense?”

Tears pooled in Shem’s eyes. She nodded sorrowfully.

“Then ye know what ye have to do.” Farkus patted Shem’s back and walked away.
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Oh no :( I'm afraid Shem will break up with Harry. Farkus only wants the best for his son but this is going to be sad...
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aww, so sad!
    Oh no... Poor Harry and poor Shem :( But maybe they'll find some solution. I still want to believe that their love will not die <3
    And the first twist! I loved Harry and Shem finding a little love and happiness before the story turned. It had to come, so I was prepared. I really like the way you've set it up! The pictures of his parents were amazing, loved having that bit in there.
    Thanks @sabreene , @ThePlumbob , @Julyvee94 and @roseinblack69 ! I can't wait to get this started! (And yeah...it's obvious he can't stay there, but more twists AHEAD!!! >:) Hang on...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, cursed fate! Five women? But he only wants one! LOL!

You know when I was reading this, pammie, I was thinking how much our friend pyliathesunelf would love it! If she visits the forums again, we'll have to let her know about this story! :)

And these Sims are SOOOO beautiful! For some reason, I find the "ugly" TS4 Sims just adorably beautiful.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited October 2015
    @CathyTea I sure do miss @Pyliathesunelf and her stories. I was thinking how she'd love to see actual fans and readers of a gnome story! She was a master at it!

I've been shocked at how attached I am to my "ugly" sim! He's adorable to me and I'm glad you feel the same way. I feel that way about all the prettacy stories! i totally agree! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thanks @sabreene , @ThePlumbob , @Julyvee94 and @roseinblack69 ! I can't wait to get this started! (And yeah...it's obvious he can't stay there, but more twists AHEAD!!! >:) Hang on...

Yay! I love the twists. I'm also intrigued that the document said, "witty" and they've interpreted it to mean "bonny". It gives me thoughts! :grin:

edited October 2015
    @pammiechick and @CathyTea I am very old member in simmers community, but I see that I missed so many great things like @Pyliathesunelf stories :( Here are so many stories I would like to read and not miss anything in the future, if it's only possible :)
    I like the twists in your story, @pammiechick ;)<3
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Awww, poor sweet Shem! :(
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    @roseinblack69 im sad you didn't get to read all her stories. Unfortunately she took them down. She had been writing since sims3. Very talented. But she felt as if no one was reading her stories anymore. People were more active on the Sims 3 boards.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @roseinblack69 im sad you didn't get to read all her stories. Unfortunately she took them down. She had been writing since sims3. Very talented. But she felt as if no one was reading her stories anymore. People were more active on the Sims 3 boards.

@pammiechick I believe she was very talented. That time I only played the sims 3 and tried to write some stories, but I didn't find them inspiring enough, so I stopped. It's really sad that I missed many great things at that time :(
    edited October 2015
    4sims4horridhill_1.jpg

GENERATION ONE

Chapter 1.1

Harry took Shem up to his father’s room so they could have some privacy. “Och, Shem. I’ve got some great news to share with ye. I’ve inherited a mansion! I’ll be able to take care of ye well, me love. And ye can have anything ye heart’s desire. The only trouble is it’s in the valley of the trolls, but it’s high on a hill and no one will bother us up there. What say ye to have a look at it tomorrow?”

Screenshot_239.jpg

Slowly, Shem waves her arms, eyebrows drawing up in pain. “Oh, Harry. I canna go with ye. I-I’ve been thinking about us and och...we canna stay together. It’s over, Harry.”

Screenshot_240.jpg

“What are ye saying, love? Not thirty minutes ago ye were smooching on me in the backyard now yer telling me we’re through? It don’t make sense. If yer troubled about the trolls, we don’t have to live there. I just thought we’d go inspect it at least. And if ye don’t like it, love, we’ll go and make our life here. I don’t care, but I must be with you!”

“Harry...it’s not that...I...I’m not in love with ye. This is all going so fast and I’ve just thought it over.” She swallowed several times then went on.

Screenshot_241.jpg

“I can’t marry a troll.”

Harry’s heart ripped down the middle. What he feared from the moment he started dating Shem has come true. No one would ever want to marry an ugly troll.

Screenshot_242.jpg

Sadness overpowered him to the point he couldn’t look on her any longer. He put his hands to his face and whispered through hoarse tears, “Just go, lass. I canna see ye like this.”

Screenshot_244.jpg

Sobbing, he heard Shem whisper, “I’m sorry.” Then she padded out the door, clicking it behind her.

Screenshot_243.jpg

He flung himself on the bed, crying into his father’s pillow.

It took many days of coaxing for Farkus to talk Harry into at least seeing the property. His son was so overwhelmed with grief, he worried Harry would not get over Shem and his broken heart.

“Beautiful grounds, Harry,” Farkus said, almost too cheerfully.

Screenshot_249.jpg

“Eh,” Harry answered, hating every inch of the place that he would not share with the woman he loved.

Screenshot_250.jpg

As Harry kicked at a stone near a beautiful waterfall, he saw a surly looking man making his way toward him.

Screenshot_252.jpg

“You must be young Master Horrid. I’d recognize you anywhere. You look so much like your father, I must say. I am Lionel Voncornwall. Your butler.” The man bowed then waved his arms. “I am very happy to see you at last!”

Screenshot_254.jpg

“But I must say, you will need to change out of those ridiculous clothes. You look like a gnome, dear Sir, and we cannot have that!”

Screenshot_265.jpg

Farkus barked, “Me son can dress as he wishes. He is laird of this house. Not you!”

Screenshot_259.jpg

“Why are you even here, Farkus Gibsplitter? We’ve paid you handsomely over the years and you will receive your one hundred thousand simoleans once Lord Horrid moves in. I specifically said you were not welcome here. No gnome is. Now leave!”

Screenshot_258.jpg

Harry turned to the butler and asked, “What do ye mean, paid him? Did he know about this arrangement all along?”

“Of course he did, young master. We entrusted him with you all these years so that Ratsnide Bonplumbob would not know where you were. Once he died, we decided it would be best to wait until your young adult birthday to move you here. He should have told you. Didn’t he?”

Harry shot a nasty look at his father. “No, he dinna tell me that.”

Screenshot_264.jpg

“What’s yer story, Da? All this about a bright light and someone leaving me on yer doorstep. It was all a lie, wasn’t it?”

Farkus bowed, waving his hands. “Oh, son! I dinna want ye to worry over yer parents until ye was old enough. And ye were so happy in our little home. What did it hurt? Ye felt quite like the gnome laddie in me place and so once the time was right...”

Screenshot_270.jpg

Harry shook a finger at him, boiling with rage at his whole life being one big lie. Shem lied to him about her love, now this. “I dinna care to hear yer excuses. Yer not me da. Leave!”

Screenshot_268.jpg

“Oh, laddie, just hear me out. I love ye with all me gnome heart. I still am yer father. I raised ye from a wee babe, I did. The little details don’t matter. What matters is that I gave ye a loving home.”

Screenshot_271.jpg

“You heard the master, gnome,” Lionel shouted. “It is time to go.”

Screenshot_262.jpg

Harry put his arm near his butler to hold him back. “If ye do love me then ye won’t need the money. Right?”

Farkus looked down but didn’t say anything.

Screenshot_277.jpg

“I thought so,” Harry snapped. Putting his hands over his face, he cried, “Leave me then. I dinna want to see ye again.”

Farkus wailed but didn’t move to make things better.

Screenshot_275.jpg

He stomped away as Lionel said, “Good riddance. That’s what happens when you deal with gnomes. Don’t worry, young master. It’ll all work out for the best. You’ll see.”

Wiping his eyes, Harry looked at the horizon. Screenshot_278.jpg

Ominous dark clouds rippled as the wind picked up. “Looks like a storm’s a brewing, troll. I dinna like storms.”

Screenshot_279.jpg

>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Harry's gorgeous troll mansion can be downloaded here: FOREST LAIR by @gizky . You will see how amazing it is in the next installments!
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    That is a beautiful mansion!

So... this is the scary part in the fairy tale when the story gets all tangled and brambly... I have faith that at the end, all the birds will sing again! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

So... this is the scary part in the fairy tale when the story gets all tangled and brambly... I have faith that at the end, all the birds will sing again! :)

Lol! Me too,@cathytea !
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Poor Harry :( It was too much for him :'( I even don't know should I trust this butler Lionel :/ I just hope that things will become better for Harry, he deserves to be happy, I love Harry <3
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Poor Harry! He feels like everyone he loved betrayed him all in one day! Poor guy! Things can only get better eventually! Great story so far Pammie! Enjoying every moment!
    CathyTea wrote: »

That's the perfect comment!! I have faith too.

This was a great update! First Shem, then Farkus. I felt so bad for his father, but I loved it in terms of story-telling. Can't wait for more!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Poor Harry, so many things have crumbled around him! There's definitely a new era upon us.

That mansion is beautiful!