Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I change my toddler's appearance or clothes?

may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
In Sims 2, of course! I just started playing Sims 2 and I only have the base game. I never played 2 before this only 1, 3, and 4. Is there a way to change the toddler's clothes or hair in Sims 2 like you could in 3? I know this is for Sims 4 discussions, but is there a Sims 2 forum?

Also, what expansions for Sims 2 would you recommend? And why?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    A parent needs to hold them and look in a mirror - In sims 3 they can do it them selves but in Sims 2 the parents needs to be holding them in front of a mirror. I'd get all of them as all the Sims 2 packs are fabulous. Or just get the UC version of Sims 2 and you get everything all the eps and sps. You want to discuss Sims 2 and other Sims 2 info go down to the threads for Previous Sims games then go to the Sims 2 general discussions - you'll get tons of good info there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    My sim is holding the toddler. When I click on the mirror it gives me the options to change appearance and other mirror interactions, but not change toddler's appearance. If I click change appearance, she puts the baby down.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited October 2015
    The mirror is for appearance. For clothes, you use the diaper changing station. :)

Edit: There should be an option to "Change [toddler name]'s appearance" in the mirror when controlling an adult sim, but only if you have Open for Business or a later expansion pack installed.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    You click on the toddler not the mirror. You also must have bought the toddlers some clothes or they won't have any. In sims two it's just like real life and you have to buy clothes for all the sims at the clothes store. I have all the packs so anything that happen in the base game may have changed from what I have too. I know you have to buy clothes and then once you buy the clothes then if you have closets you click on the closet, or dressers, you click on them, and yes toddlers if you have the changing table. You can also just change their diaper there too. Also infants and toddlers can be given baths in sims 2 - the toddler in the bath tub - the infant in any sink.

Just think real life as sims 2 is way more like real life than Sims 3 or 4. We also have grocery stores you can go grocery shopping in the store, not just from a book. You need to do those things like you would really do things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Thank you both for helping me. I just bought clothes, and I'm heading the sim home. Sims 2 is definitely more life-like that 3 and 4. I really can't decide what I enjoy more though because they each have their own issues.
    Is the Sims 2 UC only available through Origin? When I look it up the first few things to come up were from February and March said that it was available for free or very low price through Origin. The problem with that is my laptop will not connect to the internet because of the Windows 10 update having an issue with the driver or something (clearly I'm not tech savy.) I could install it on my other laptop, but its old and wouldn't run it as well.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    may151997 wrote: »
    Is the Sims 2 UC only available through Origin? When I look it up the first few things to come up were from February and March said that it was available for free or very low price through Origin. The problem with that is my laptop will not connect to the internet because of the Windows 10 update having an issue with the driver or something (clearly I'm not tech savy.) I could install it on my other laptop, but its old and wouldn't run it as well.

It was available for free for a limited time some months back. Now it's not available on Origin. You could talk to support and ask for it, but the chance of success varies among the people who tried this.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'd say your chances of getting UC aren't bad, considering you already have a copy of the game. They have online support at the EA website. It might take a few times but I'm sure you'll get it! Make sure you have photos ready and your origin account details, they might ask for those.
    I redeemed the Ultimate Collection and it is currently downloading. I just gave them the code for my base game, and they gave me a code for it. I'm so excited to play it!
    I'm downloading it to my Origin account from my old laptop, but I would like to play it on my new laptop. However, it will not connect to the internet due to a problem I'm having with the Windows 10 update. Will I be able to get to it from the offline version of Origin?
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Unfortunately you won't be able to get the sims ultimate collecion on your new laptop.

One suggestion to get the game there (although it takes some steps) is to transfer the game.

First use a USB stick and transfer the sims 2 ultimate collection file over to the other computer

You will find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Next search for sims 2 ultimate collection cc cleaner fix and download and install the registry file from the reddit site on the computer you want to transfer the sims 2 to.

Finally open regedit on the computer the sims 2 is currently installed and find the sims 2 folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Right click on the sims 2 ultimate collection folder and choose export. Transfer that reg file to the other computer and double click on it to install it.

You can then transfer over your saves and setting from the sims 2 ultimate collection folder in your documents.

Just remember when you use regedit not to mess with the other files in there as that can corrupt your computer.

Hope this helps, and I understand if this sounds to complicated. Just trying to help.

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever