Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    Ugh
    I'm so upset

I have decided my husky isn't cut out for service dog work.
    He's not happy doing it, and this happens quite often with disabled people training their own dogs.

So now I'm looking into getting a new dog as a prospect for service dog.

It's frustrating because I out a year into his training. And he was doing so good. Now he just isn't interested.

I don't want to get another dog because I just lost my German shepherd and I'm still mourning.

I did set up a fundraiser because I am planning on going through a breeder this time.
    And the pups won't be here til next year

So I'm excited but at the same time I'm unhappy

I can back out anytime but I NEED a service dog.
    I just hope as we get closer to March (that's the expected time the pups are due)
    I will feel better about all this

I am sorry about the loss of your dog, they become family members and it is never easy to lose them.

Hopefully things will be better in March, you may find the perfect new family member. :)
    So, right now, my dog (who we've had for 8 years) has a lump on his back that's been there for a couple months to a year, and it's never hurt him before. We could grab it and pinch it and push on it, and he wouldn't really react. Well, yesterday, we noticed that it was bigger and it was all bloody, and when I went to touch it, he flinched. So I told my mom, and she was supposed to get him a vet appointment... I hope he'll be okay, but I worry about him. I don't want it to be like cancer or something, and I don't think it is...

You are right, he needs to see a vet as soon as possible There can be a number of reasons. You could always phone the vets for advice in the meantime. I hope he gets better soon.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    @rosemow I actually took the last two afternoons off from studying since I didn't really have anything due. :)
    @Clarkie100 *hugs* I don't understand why some do and some don't. I've come up with theories -- some doctors aren't as well educated/don't know enough about it, or some doctors are just in it for the money, or something. Or maybe some doctors care a lot more than others. Whatever the reason, I'm sorry you and your family have to go through that. Maybe somebody else can help?

Thank you @SilentWolf101 I send you hugs back.

I think there are lots of reasons. And that it comes down to the doctors not being able to offer anything that could help. I just feel useless. They do have a Macmillan nurse, so hopefully they will be able to get further support and advice.

We are all upset and in shock, it's happened so quickly, just seven weeks ago they were well and now they are extremely unwell.

Hello @Clarkie101 You are definitely not useless. Your caring thoughtfulness in providing support to your family by you caring about how they are feeling would be so very important to your family and would be helping to carry them through this hard time. To know that people are thinking of you and caring about you gives strength to keep enduring through what is happening. It is good that they have a Macmillan nurse. She will be able to support them, answer questions and offer help to assist both your family member who has the cancer as well their family. It is understandable that you feel upset and in shock, with the changing of your family member's health situation happening so quickly. I send lots of big hugs to you <3

They are at home now, and are much happier, which is some good news. We are aiming to visit them at the weekend. It is probably much nicer for them to be at home with their family. I believe the nurse is offering lots of help, including getting things put in at home to make things easier.

I send more hugs back to you. :heart:

Hello @Clarkie100 . It is good that they are home and are with their loved ones and in the nice home setting. It may help them to get more sleep and also they can enjoy the familiar home setting with all their homely items surrounding them. It is good that the nurse is providing support for them and helping to provide things in their home to seek to make the situation easier. It is nice that you are planning to visit them on the weekend. You are very caring and thoughtful, and they would appreciate very much that you are caringly supporting them.
    I continue to keep you and your family members in my thoughts. Sending a hug you <3
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi @rosemow just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing, and to give out some hugs to everyone. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
    Hi @rosemow just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing, and to give out some hugs to everyone. <3

Hello @christinebremner It is great that you posted. I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    Thankyou for your hugs to everyone. I send big hugs back to you <3

Hello @christinebremner It is great that you posted. I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Thanks sweetie for the hugs. xx I had to take a break for a while, sorry I haven't been around to help support in this lovely thread. At the end of August I fell down stairs and broke my toe and tore the ligaments as well but I have been granted lifetime treatment from Victims of Crime for what happened to Michael. A recognition payment may be happening soon, am crossing my fingers. Was told I have PTSD which isn't surprising and with the loving support from a bunch of people I am hoping to make some kind of recovery from this.

I also decided to start back up on the world both myself and Michael were working on, so have been working on it and getting it to a point that I can start to test it. :)

Can I just say to everyone who posts here that even though I haven't been around much, you are all important and matter. Your life matters, always. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif

Thanks sweetie for the hugs. xx I had to take a break for a while, sorry I haven't been around to help support in this lovely thread. At the end of August I fell down stairs and broke my toe and tore the ligaments as well but I have been granted lifetime treatment from Victims of Crime for what happened to Michael. A recognition payment may be happening soon, am crossing my fingers. Was told I have PTSD which isn't surprising and with the loving support from a bunch of people I am hoping to make some kind of recovery from this.

I also decided to start back up on the world both myself and Michael were working on, so have been working on it and getting it to a point that I can start to test it. :)

Can I just say to everyone who posts here that even though I haven't been around much, you are all important and matter. Your life matters, always. <3

Hello @christinebremner. I am sorry to hear that you fell down the stairs and broke your toe and tore ligaments. It would have been very painful for you. I hope that the healing process from the fall is progressing okay.
    I send big and gentle hugs to you as you live day by day with PTSD. <3 It is good that you have people that are lovingly supporting you through it and all that your life is holding.
    It is great that you are continuing on working on your world. :) It will be enjoyable for you to start doing play testing on it.
    I send more big hugs to you. <3 You don't need to apologise at all for not posting on the thread. Just know that I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts as you live day by day with what has happened this year and your ongoing health issues.
    @rosemow I actually took the last two afternoons off from studying since I didn't really have anything due. :)
    @Clarkie100 *hugs* I don't understand why some do and some don't. I've come up with theories -- some doctors aren't as well educated/don't know enough about it, or some doctors are just in it for the money, or something. Or maybe some doctors care a lot more than others. Whatever the reason, I'm sorry you and your family have to go through that. Maybe somebody else can help?

Thank you @SilentWolf101 I send you hugs back.

I think there are lots of reasons. And that it comes down to the doctors not being able to offer anything that could help. I just feel useless. They do have a Macmillan nurse, so hopefully they will be able to get further support and advice.

We are all upset and in shock, it's happened so quickly, just seven weeks ago they were well and now they are extremely unwell.

Hello @Clarkie101 You are definitely not useless. Your caring thoughtfulness in providing support to your family by you caring about how they are feeling would be so very important to your family and would be helping to carry them through this hard time. To know that people are thinking of you and caring about you gives strength to keep enduring through what is happening. It is good that they have a Macmillan nurse. She will be able to support them, answer questions and offer help to assist both your family member who has the cancer as well their family. It is understandable that you feel upset and in shock, with the changing of your family member's health situation happening so quickly. I send lots of big hugs to you <3

They are at home now, and are much happier, which is some good news. We are aiming to visit them at the weekend. It is probably much nicer for them to be at home with their family. I believe the nurse is offering lots of help, including getting things put in at home to make things easier.

I send more hugs back to you. :heart:

Hello @Clarkie100 . It is good that they are home and are with their loved ones and in the nice home setting. It may help them to get more sleep and also they can enjoy the familiar home setting with all their homely items surrounding them. It is good that the nurse is providing support for them and helping to provide things in their home to seek to make the situation easier. It is nice that you are planning to visit them on the weekend. You are very caring and thoughtful, and they would appreciate very much that you are caringly supporting them.
    I continue to keep you and your family members in my thoughts. Sending a hug you <3

Thank you @rosemow it will be nice to see them all this weekend. Hopefully in the meantime they can be made to feel as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your kind words and support. :heart:

I am sending you hugs back @christinebremner and I hope you are okay. :heart:
  • yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    Hi rose I'm back i. Had a inflammation in my right ear the same i just had surgery in and its caused me lose my balance an. I had to use a wheelchair today. Cause the inflammation is so i won't be able to gain my balance back for at least week i have medicane im take but doctor said its normal an the medican he prescribed will hope so i home to be back in a week ~sincerely yunie~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
    yunanesca wrote: »
    Hi rose I'm back i. Had a inflammation in my right ear the same i just had surgery in and its caused me lose my balance an. I had to use a wheelchair today. Cause the inflammation is so i won't be able to gain my balance back for at least week i have medicane im take but doctor said its normal an the medican he prescribed will hope so i home to be back in a week ~sincerely yunie~

Hello @yunanesca . It is not nice that you have inflammation in the right ear which you had surgery on, and that it is causing you to lose balance. Ear problems can affect our balance, and cause us to feel quite giddy and dizzy. It is good that the doctor has prescribed medicine to help with the inflammation and to help with how you are feeling with the loss of balance. As the inflammation goes down over the next week, you will start to feel better and regain more of your balance again.
    I send big hugs to you <3 and hope that each day brings a little more healing to your ear as you continue to recover from the surgery.
  • EllissonWatsonEllissonWatson Posts: 21 New Member
    Thank you goofygoober25.
  • EllissonWatsonEllissonWatson Posts: 21 New Member
    Thank you goofygoober25.

Hi @Clarkie100 thank you sweetie for the hugs! :) Put a smile on my face. xx I am ok, got a long recovery ahead but have people who are determined to help me see it through. xx

I have read that things haven't been too good for you lately, I truly hope it all starts to get better for you and your family. xx You are a caring and good person never useless sweetie. Sending hugs back to you. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Dearest @rosemow
    As a newbie to this forum, one thing you learn very quickly, is that you are such a sweetheart.
    Miliksim wrote: »
    Dearest @rosemow
    As a newbie to this forum, one thing you learn very quickly, is that you are such a sweetheart.

Hello @Miliksim :) Thankyou for your kind words. I send a hug to you <3
    Hello @yunanesca . It is not nice that you have inflammation in the right ear which you had surgery on, and that it is causing you to lose balance. Ear problems can affect our balance, and cause us to feel quite giddy and dizzy. It is good that the doctor has prescribed medicine to help with the inflammation and to help with how you are feeling with the loss of balance. As the inflammation goes down over the next week, you will start to feel better and regain more of your balance again.
    I send big hugs to you and hope that each day brings a little more healing to your ear as you continue to recover from the surgery.

@rosemow ty im getting there but balance quiet off it my friend says i look like drunk walk but only im sober. She teases me about im fine with it.she tries to keep it in good spirit s so i dont get down on this I've been telling my self to hold my head high even tho im tired an meep tring even thur this. Ill keep fighting.
    ~ sincerely,yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    I send big hugs to you and hope that each day brings a little more healing to your ear as you continue to recover from the surgery.

@rosemow ty im getting there but balance quiet off it my friend says i look like drunk walk but only im sober. She teases me about im fine with it.she tries to keep it in good spirit s so i dont get down on this I've been telling my self to hold my head high even tho im tired an meep tring even thur this. Ill keep fighting.
    ~ sincerely,yuna~

Hello @yuanensca. Having the problems with your balance would be making you feel quite unwell, and would make you feel very tired. It is not nice that you are feeling unsteady when standing and walking. I hope that each new day you may feel a little bit better and that the inflammation of your ear may calm down and continued healing will take place as your ear recovers from the surgery.
    Sending big but gentle hugs to you <3
  • ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    I haven't read the previous comments, but god bless all going through bad times. I'm going to bed, and I hope you recover!
    I haven't read the previous comments, but god bless all going through bad times. I'm going to bed, and I hope you recover!

Hello @ilovebunnys65 :) Thankyou for your kind words of support to all who are going through hard times.
    I hope that you have a restful sleep tonight.
    I send a hug to you <3

Hi @Clarkie100 thank you sweetie for the hugs! :) Put a smile on my face. xx I am ok, got a long recovery ahead but have people who are determined to help me see it through. xx

I have read that things haven't been too good for you lately, I truly hope it all starts to get better for you and your family. xx You are a caring and good person never useless sweetie. Sending hugs back to you. <3

It is good to hear you are okay. :)

Thank you for your kind words and support, you are a lovely an kind person too. And thank you, I am trying to be a supportive as I can to my family and everyone. And I send you lots of hugs back. :heart:

~ sincerely,yuna~

It is never easy to deal with ear problems, and it really does affect balance. I hope you are able to get plenty of rest and recover quickly. :)

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you are okay. :)
    @Clarkie100 ty it is hard but i have to kepp going like i promised my self in the beginning that i would i have 3 more surgergies to do yet this is only the beginning. I spent my life growing up with ear problems. An in out of numerous surgeries over an over for tubes hopefully what the dr says this time will be the last of it the next surgies will be next summer when my frien has the time an not at work so much right now it take about house of 7 around the clock to be with me but im so quiet an feel as if im burneding but i know i cant help it. It not in my control. Atm to keep balance. I fues u could say im slightly out of my confort zone cause im used to living bu my self
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    @Clarkie100 ty it is hard but i have to kepp going like i promised my self in the beginning that i would i have 3 more surgergies to do yet this is only the beginning. I spent my life growing up with ear problems. An in out of numerous surgeries over an over for tubes hopefully what the dr says this time will be the last of it the next surgies will be next summer when my frien has the time an not at work so much right now it take about house of 7 around the clock to be with me but im so quiet an feel as if im burneding but i know i cant help it. It not in my control. Atm to keep balance. I fues u could say im slightly out of my confort zone cause im used to living bu my self

Hello @yunanesca. You are not a burden on anyone. Your friends or family members love you and care about you, and when someone cares about another person it is never a burden to help support them with their needs and assist them their health issues and living situation. They would consider it a privilege to be able to help and support you. Because you are used to living on your own, it is understandable you feel a bit overwhelmed because you are not used to other people being with you. The time between now and the next surgery will give your body time to heal and prepare for the next operation.
    I send hugs to you <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top