Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many people do not actually Play..

But just build or create sims to share.
Just wondering as I do not actually play ...much like once a month maybe. I just love creating the homes decorating planning setting them up for players.

Comments

• GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited October 2015
    I create CC more than play lately, takes all my time doing it cause I want to be perfect.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I just play with CAS. I like trying out new CC whenever I can :relaxed:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I have to agree with @Esine , i only play with CAS i LOVE creating sims that is my fav part especially after downloading new CC
    Otherwise the game is boring , no family play , repeative ..etc nothing new i feel bored so fast

I just spend hours creating sims then move them into empty lots or merge them with existing households
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'll admit, I uninstalled the game. I'm waiting for game play that interests me. I've built for almost 10 years with TS2 and TS3, I was hoping I'd like the new game play *in this iteration. :(
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    see i like the building style in sims 4 mind you its missing a lot options for building
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I admit I only launch it to check out the newest patches now mostly. I've been playing the Sims 1, 2, and 3 again. All four games are on my computer though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AlexanderTrin3AlexanderTrin3 Posts: 46 Member
    i play with black and white pictures of color pictures of drawings of stick figures... and it still has more depth than ts4.
    Same I have in my bookcase sims 1 + all ep 2 all exp and three most on Origin. 4 I was sticking with the base game only but am adding packs and EP; Hoping on the next exp they add tudor wallpaer and build stuff
    > @AlexanderTrin3 said:
    > i play with black and white pictures of color pictures of drawings of stick figures... and it still has more depth than ts4.

LOL as a Artist I do to also with paints too..... no not paint by number either
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    TBH I haven't played in awhile - just patch downloading. I've been busy with Cities:Skylines and other interests as of late. I'm on the fence re: spooky stuff. I think there are some things I could use for it, but I haven't played lately so I can't justify the $10 right now. I will probably get GT though, that sounds more interesting to me. But not sure if I will on release unless I start playing consistently again.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
    I did not buy Spooky as there was nothing that jumped out at me to us in building honestly I am just waiting on next EXp as I tend to do old world tudor style or Fairy tale type homes
  • mavaria811mavaria811 Posts: 115 Member
    I just evicted all my sims and bulldozed the towns. I've been bored for a while. Going to rebuild each neighborhood and see how that goes...
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I was playing The Sims 2 for a while but then started playing 4 again recently. I can't play 4 for as long as I can sit and play 2 for. I used to be able to play for hours because it was anew game for me but now its just meh. Idk. My birthday is next month so maybe I'll pick up Spa Day since I don't have it or maybe preorder Get Together. I'm not sure yet.
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    I haven't played in a couple of days, but being on here really inspires me to! :)
  • greenismeengreenismeen Posts: 131 Member
    It's all about building for me. Even if I wanted to try and play live mode I can't, because it crashes for some reason. I can build for hours on end and the game runs great haha. Building can feel as limiting as regular gameplay though because of the lack of content and non-matching swatches :/ The upside to limitations is that it challenges me creatively, there are some great tools and manipulations in this game....but like I said, limited. I have yet to experience a moment in this game that's memorable to be honest; a new pack to me means more items to build with and that perplexes me. This is The Sims 4 but it doesn't feel like The Sims, just an unfortunate interpretation of things to come in the FUTURE of The Sims franchise.

Just saying :D

• TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I simply can't. I've tried, but it's failed to capture my interest it simply isn't fun. Sad really, all I really do is create sims..that's it..
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I play. :)
    Sometimes I go in spurts, building custom neighborhoods for a few days, CAS for a few days creating custom sims for said neighborhoods, but mostly I just play the game. I still find things that I forgot were there, and occasionally stumble upon things I never noticed as well. There is much that can be improved upon, but I'm in love with how gloriously smooth my game runs and with how my sims interact with one another and the environment. I cannot play a default Maxis neighborhood, though, I have to redesign it and make it mine with either my own creations or gallery lots and sims. I really like how much freedom the teens have, as well. I still have not explored the teen jobs for myself, because I'm always too busy doing other challenges with them. I enjoy playing out the many stories I have inside my head with my sims.

An expansion is definitely desperately needed, though. In a sims game I can only go so long before I get a bit bored (this was true in all the previous games for me), so I'm ready to get my hands on some fresh content. November is just so far away. :cry::
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I say I am going to play and then I play for an hour maybe two and then quit because I am bored. It is the same sim to sim interactions over and over again between each sim and it doesn't help the interactions are so unbelievably limited considering what we had 11 years ago. Not to mention each Sims emotions are all the same and all over the place. One second they are happy, next second they are depressed, the next they are angry, and then next second they are happy again, none of it makes any sense. I could understand a Sim with the gloomy or insane trait being all over the place emotionally but all the sims are all over the place, like I said before none of it makes any logical sense.

Then as I play I begin to wonder why am I bothering wasting my time because if they ever add toddlers I am going to want to start all over again, which means there is no point in playing or in buying any more Sims products until or if that happens.

I have tried working on rebuilding my town but between:
    The building bugs after I have spent hours and hours building
    The lack of large lots
    The inability to pick my own lot size and where to place it
    The lack of terrain and pond tools like I had in Sims 2 & 3
    The fact that absolutely nothing matches
    The no cast system at all, not even what I had 11 years ago
    I get furious, usually to the point I am in tears, I throw my hands up in the air and quit. Which once more brings me back to why do I bother playing if it is going to be like this, and if I am not going to play because I am not having fun there is no point in purchasing anymore Sims products.

It is a vicious cycle, and I know I am not the only one that refuses to buy anything further until things get better and I really wish EA would see this endless unprofitable cycle of unhappiness that Rachel Franklin's vision has caused for everyone.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I play but I build a lot too in order to facilitate that play. Right now I'm focused on the child of my fourth generation in my legacy style family and am primarily playing this generation from her point of view all the way through her life. I wanted a theme park style place for the family to go on "vacation" and the Spooky pack had enough stuff to create a theme park style lot- that took a while so I had a break from out right play. I do that with nearly every generation as I move each generation to a new town with a new house that I build and often new neighbors with their respective houses as well so I can spend a lot of time off general playing. Winderburg can't come fast enough so I can move my family and start the next generation btw- lol.
  • devans0714devans0714 Posts: 70 Member
    I play, I am not much of a builder but I do see how people who primarily build can get bored with the game easily. I have modified some pre-existing houses and put in some awesome basements but that is about a much as I have done as far a building goes. I guess I am not as disappointed with the game because I remember back when the Sims 1 first came out and it was just as vanilla as this game was when it was first released.

I am doing the same thing as JasonAnthony is doing -- I am doing a legacy, started my third generation. Just wish there was a way I could make the 1st generation elders die quicker. They have been at end of life for days and sadly I am at the point where I want them to die...LOL
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was a bit of a playing hiatus in anticipation of Get Together, but now that it's been delayed I'm back to playing my families again.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I was going to wait till GT comes out before playing again but I figured I'd play with my legacy family with aging off until it comes out.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    rcone wrote: »
    But just build or create sims to share.
    Just wondering as I do not actually play ...much like once a month maybe. I just love creating the homes decorating planning setting them up for players.

That's all I've been doing lately when I do actually play.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Probably about 95% of the time I'm playing Sims 4 these days, I'm either making sims or building. The other 5% is pretty much just trying out new content. I'll make sims and then put them on an empty lot while I build so that they can test things for me; that's getting close to actual game play. I've tried some more in-depth game play in the last year but never seem to stick with a family for more than a couple of days (my time, not sim time). The farthest I've gotten into a legacy game that I tried to start was, the legacy founder's children became young adults, then I Just lost interest in the whole family from that point on, for some reason.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I feel like I am setting up for future content than actually playing.

I am laying the ground work for a large group of sims to play when the game has the content I want. I really like my current sims and I don't want to waste them on limited game play. So aging is off as I get them started in their careers, build relationships and networks, add homes to worlds as we get them, and new styles of homes as we get new build items. I am also trying out custom content to shape the game to what I want it be.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds