Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Losing hope that i will ever run a Sim farm

It's really disappointing that it doesn't even seem to be on EA's Radar. It is something i've waited for since the first weeks of this franchise. I know i can't be the only one. So many other interests have been represented through the years, some more than once, or three times. Why not this? It's really disappointing.

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The Sims 3 store had over priced farm items so they have at least been a option, its to bad a real farm expansion never came. I wonder how they sold on the Sims store hopefully enough so that a farming game pack will be an option but I heard toddler items were a best seller and we see how that has panned out.

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    The farming issue was spread on 2-3 EP's in TS3. Stupid amount of Money to be spent, just to have the full farming pack.

Let all farming stuff and interactions be released on the same ep.
    - and give us proper cows and chickens - not just a stupid 2-cow-shed-with-allmost-no-action and small henhouse.
    Let's have big fields with horses and cows around the main farm lot.
  • paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    I would adore a farming game pack. I love it when my Sims can "live off the land". I want cows that I can milk, chickens that lay eggs and peck around the yard, a goat or two, and items like a butter churn. What's freshly baked bread without butter? I want a corn crop as well! Imagine all the new recipes we could get with a farming pack, the cute country themed outfits (overalls & gingham!) and a hoe down party! A cute farming town with a field backdrop and prairie sounds, a local market where you could sell your goods. <3
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I would love to see Farm pack in sims 4 along with seasons and weather.. I bought all I could for farms in sims 3 .. even a grampa's tractor :)))) love love love to see it in sims 4 too:)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Any Harvest moon inspired gameplay would be such a huge addition to the game. I'd love that.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh calm down it'll take time, animals are one of the difficult things to make, next to Seasons and Supernatural.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd really like a farming expansion.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Me too, but I don't expect one this early in the cycle. I do hope they've heard this request, as it's something we've never had before, outside of a couple of store objects.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > Oh calm down it'll take time, animals are one of the difficult things to make, next to Seasons and Supernatural.

I bought my first sims game in 2000. I'm pretty sure patience hasn't been a problem seeing that they haven't made a farm since then.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Got the farm ready and waiting :)

10-22-15_10-29-52nbspPM_zpswag1d46q.png

10-21-15_11-24-28nbspPM_zpsncaf5aro.png

Just need the animals now!
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I made my dogs into cows in the sims 2..
    That is all..
    TszwvJw.png
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    DO IT EA
  • orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    It's only been a year and some change. I'm sure it'll happen and probably in a game pack or something and after some other issues and content have been addressed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »

10-22-15_10-29-52nbspPM_zpswag1d46q.png

Just need the animals now!

That's a great looking farm but I have one question for you. Does the fact your wood floors (custom content created incorrectly?) not matching at the 'seams' not bother you? That used to be a problem in the games when the tile was turned in the wrong direction a bug in the game actually, even on Maxis tile or wood. But after they fixed that bug then the seams of wood floors matched up. However, if a person creates custom content floors and it has lines they must take into account where those lines meet at the sections so they don't look terribly mismatched. Just an observation, and wondered if you turned the tiles in a different direction if they would finally line up.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HarollyHarolly Posts: 75 Member
    I LOVE (capitals to display excitement) the idea of living off the land and having a family of farmers! It would also make for a great challenge
    xgu3gOi.gif
    "It's just called a phone."
    "What an impractical name."
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

This looks gorgeous! Can I ask where you got both sets of doors from?
  • mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    It makes me so happy to see all the farm talk lately. I think i might get my wish eventually. :)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    mordarlar wrote: »
    It makes me so happy to see all the farm talk lately. I think i might get my wish eventually. :)

Yeah and we got the Off The Grid Lot trait in the Update, so they could expand on it in a Farming Expansion
    For example with solar panels
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Generators (can break, have to be repaired)
    81nHRWQaFHL._SX425_.jpg
    Generac-RD03025-RG060-DieselGenerator.jpg
    Water pumps
    MTS_rebecah-537906-BecksWaterPump.jpg

Also i‘d like a new WooHoo spot in a haystack!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCogCaG7EF0
    a256aFi.gif
  • FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    I haven’t lost hope. I still think it will happen. I want hayrides, chickens with eggs, cows, farm chores for the kids. Duck ponds.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I hope llamas and/or alpacas come too cuz they're so cute and fun and get wool for maybe sewing/knitting!
  • IceColdPainIceColdPain Posts: 35 Member
    So I like to calculator probabilty based on request and past surveys, I do believe in 2020 we will get Universities, It is the most highly requested/demanded. Second to that is witches which we will be getting, after those the next biggest things will be minor additives to the game and more occults, but the 3rd most wanted item that i see is a Farm based expansion. Honestly Gardening is the best part of the Sims 4, and they would be utterly dumb to not make them, second, they have made chickens that free roam, they are in Island living. I believe we will get it in Late 2020 or early 2021.
    -Universities most likely (by my calculations) in March 2020
    -Farm is most likely June 2020
    -rest of the occults scattered most likely one in Fall 2020,
    -then everything else scattered, Im not saying this will happen, but its very possible we will get it in March or June next year if its ran as an EP. (Those months have EP releases and so does Nov and Dec)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    The chickens in Island Living could be a clear hint that they‘re working on a Farming Expansion, just like with the boat parked in Del Sol Valley.

Also the dolphin could have been a test on how farm animals integrate into the world of Sims. I hope cows, sheep, horses and other farm animals are as alive as dolphins!
    a256aFi.gif
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks considering this thread has been inactive for a fairly long time I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top