Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have an odd feeling we will get toddlers pretty soon...

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Don't underestimate the zeal of the "run around with their hair on fire" kind of person. Someone saw a Guru tweet about a sports team and thought it meant that a pet EP was coming.

Was it that avatar of a male at EA (not sure if a COO or developer don't remember)and he was wearing some sports outfit? I figured they would take the avatar of the guru/ or was it Peter Moore the COO? wearing that outfit *or was that a Sim avatar?* was proof hockey, basketball, and other type games were going to be in the GT.

I don't remember that...then again rumors and speculation don't get a lot of my attention. But this is what I was talking about.

He should be a San Jose Sharks fan being in the Bay Area -- but then again if he tweeted about the Sharks someone would think that means swimming in the ocean with possibility of getting eaten by sharks was in the next pack. #facepalm

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Wish we could delete a post after it auto-saves; I was making a comment then my train of thought derailed. :| Nothing to see here, move along...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    DeeDee20 wrote: »
    To EA: I say slap them toddlers in the game and let's get it over with already. I could care less if they are added today, tomorrow, or in 10 years. I am just tired of the nagging regarding toddlers not being in the game. It appears that the power(s) that be would like to see the demise of the Sims franchise. How sad. If putting in the darn little things in the game will save the franchise then do it. I have invested $ in this franchise for the past 15 years and would be very upset that my collection would be useless in a year or so.
    How will you spending cash on The Sims the last 15 years will become useless if the franchise won't be saved for naggers?

I think she means the 'naggers' won't buy and then EA will just drop the game.
    But how will that make having played and enjoyed the game so far useless? If I'd quit playing Sims 4 (which is not entirely hypothetical unfortunately) that will by no means make my Sims 3 collection useless.

My Sims 1 collection is useless, as I can't install it on Windows 10, so I think that if the franchise stops the sims games there could be a problem with the games being able to be played. I am also fearful that in the future the games will be online and then the other games will not be able to be played. So maybe that is what she is concerned about. Not saying that naggers should be quiet though, but, my husband shuts me off when I "nag" so lets hope she/he means the franchise won't be saved for "those trying to make a difference with making their dissatisfaction known."

I think the only people bothered by "the naggers" are the people who are happy with what they have. It's not enough for me so I'll continue to "nag"

I really meant no offense I was trying to defend "the naggers" Get the feeling I am disliked on the forums and my opinions are always taken negative. My husband shuts me off when I "nag" but that does not mean I stop "nagging", I am happy with him, but I still "nag" him.

Now see...here we go. People assuming things. This is how this place has gotten so s0619.gif

I didn't take offense to what you said. I was making an observation.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Just gonna be a bit of a button pusher here and say since babies are attached to the crib, I sure hope toddlers aren't attached to the wall when we get them. ;)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Just gonna be a bit of a button pusher here and say since babies are attached to the crib, I sure hope toddlers aren't attached to the wall when we get them. ;)

With duct tape! >:)

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

It'll be a high chair or a play pen.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Toddlers in this game will be leashed to the home! Like the babies leashed to the bassinet.
    And maybe even worse they will be like the babies.

Of course there will always be those people who will defend this
    "Oh excellent because I don't like my sims to put my toddlers on ground. It is for best."

Same thing Pets might be leashed to their pet house!
    "Oh perfect, I dont like stray dogs and cats in my world. Wonderful to tie them to the pet house"

tumblr_mf3hddIVhh1qlh5xlo5_r2_250.gif
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've thought about that too, but I think that if EA were to implement toddlers in such a fashion, they would have done so by now. The only acceptable form of toddlers for many players is that they be a full life stage.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Toddlers in this game will be leashed to the home! Like the babies leashed to the bassinet.

"Oh excellent because I don't like my sims to put my toddlers on ground. It is for best."

"Oh perfect, I dont like stray dogs and cats in my world. Wonderful to tie them to the pet house"

Some people may prefer things differently from you. Go figure.
    MocaJava wrote: »

And some are ready to just defend or justify any decision the developers have made even if it is a bad decision. Now you go and figure too :)
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    I really meant no offense I was trying to defend "the naggers" Get the feeling I am disliked on the forums and my opinions are always taken negative. My husband shuts me off when I "nag" but that does not mean I stop "nagging", I am happy with him, but I still "nag" him.
    It's ok, but thank you for explaining it more clearly. If anything the whole button mess has shown that it is never right to assume the intent of anyone. You aren't. I actually enjoy chatting with you sometimes although we may not always agree on things. I'd hate if I agreed with everyone on forums. I wouldn't feel like me anymore if I didn't think for myself. There is no right or wrong opinion. I'd hate to hear if you felt uncomfortable posting too. Personally I couldn't care less of popularity on forums. I'm even ok with being proven wrong as long as there is enough factual evidence to back it up.

I think one thing Prink's thread did bring out is how family players play differently. To some toddlers are important, to others they aren't. So family play is subjective. To me at least, I'm a cradle to grave player, but not so much a legacy player. So each life stage is important. I'd even love a preteen and middle-aged stage as well. I did make sure to ask if toddlers returned that there would be an age up feature without consequence for them. The Gurus said there would be. So I do try my best to find a compromise for players. Excluding a feature is never a compromise. But to have options for different types of players I think is important. I also hope there is an opt out option for supernaturals like TS3 again or a cure potion and NPCs like TS2 again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

And some are ready to just defend or justify any decision the developers have made even if it is a bad decision. Now you go and figure too :)

You know that some of us who like the game don't defend every single aspect of it, right? We're not dogs that lap up whatever EA/Maxis throws at us. We're not going to be happy if they make pets or toddlers objects, because they'll have had more than enough time for those. (Plus, you know, the fact that @SimGuruDaniel already said pets won't be objects.)
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Now people are being called, "Naggers" here just for requesting over and over something they feel is missing?

So, AWesome- not. :(
  • TankCrazeTankCraze Posts: 34 Member
    Yeah ... "jumping out of a crib and into school" is just a tad bit unrealistic.
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    Its very possible to add a new life stage. We have seen it b4 with universty and others. I cant imagine after all the talk, toddlers would be ignored. The did give us pools, lock doors and claim beds. Get together looks exciting and may add a different life stage ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    adniram00 wrote: »
    Its very possible to add a new life stage. We have seen it b4 with universty and others. I cant imagine after all the talk, toddlers would be ignored. The did give us pools, lock doors and claim beds. Get together looks exciting and may add a different life stage ;)
    Sims 2 University was the only pack that has added a life stage in the entire series. Young adults were actually confined to the University worlds. They could visit but could not live in the home neighborhoods. I rather not have toddlers confined to only one EP. If they were to introduce a new life stage into an EP, preteens would be the best way to go since they would be new to the series. Sims 4 is competing against Sims 2 and 3 regarding life stages. Not everyone will pay $100 just to get toddlers into their games. Some are ok paying more for base game content. But I'm not. It still bothers me that was done to hot tubs twice now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015

Note : The only life stage done with an ep was Sims 2 YA's.

Ummm and the point of having toddlers just in a different world than the sims lived would be what? When we got YA in Uni in Sims 2 - it was a teen sent to Uni and once they arrived they changed into a YA in a cut scene - then all the time they were at Uni they were YA until the graduated. When it was time to go home they aged up to adult, then they were able to go home. Now how exactly will this work with toddlers. Then all our sims must move somewhere else the minute the birthday notice comes for the infant to be a toddler, then they can age up to toddler and stay in that town - never able to go home until they complete all required of toddlers in that town, then they age them up to child and then they can come home? So much for Legacies and such. Moving off the legacy lot is against the rules you know - never mind does that mean we have to limit sims number of children so they can have the toddler stage because they 'd have to have babies in the home world. Do they lose the child age sims and teens and any other family member, never mind careers - if even the parents can go with them. Parents could visit their kids in Sims 2 in Uni town - they just couldn't stay.

Ridiculous idea - I think. I use the toddler age to bond all my family sims together with each other - there goes more of my play style out the door. I think seriously there is no way any one who really does the birth to grave family style play can keep hoping, we need to just give up on Sims 4. Giving them foolish ideas is only possibly making it worse. I know you are trying - but they need to be base game for more reasons than I feel like going into anymore. But you tried - it just won't work if you are thinking in the terms of YA's in Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

It'll be a high chair or a play pen.

> I'm going to go with playpen.
    edited October 2015

You know that some of us who like the game don't defend every single aspect of it, right? We're not dogs that lap up whatever EA/Maxis throws at us. We're not going to be happy if they make pets or toddlers objects, because they'll have had more than enough time for those. (Plus, you know, the fact that @SimGuruDaniel already said pets won't be objects.)

I am glad you said that. I know not every one who likes the game say that, that is why I said in my reply some.
    But the definition of object will differ. those pets can be leashed to their house but the developers wont call them objects! Another way also they can be pets who cannot leave the lot. So in other way they are leashed to the house even though the game has open public areas.

Pets can be costumes too :)
    There are many possibilities of making them in a way to cut the costs.

I have reached to a stage with this game that I think of the worst scenario so that I wont be disappointed when something is made is bad, but still sometimes EA surprises me with something even worse :s
    giphy.gif
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I am hopeful for this game, regardless of what anyone says I will still keep on believing that Toddlers will return, that Vehicles will return, that we'll get Pre-Teens for the first time in the series, that Babies won't be confined forever, that Pets won't be confined and that Weather and Seasons are possible for the game. When The Sims 4 first came out, I saw allot of people saying we'd never get Ghosts, Pools or Family Trees just because they weren't in the Base Game at launch, I was a sucker to believe them until they announced Content Patches for October, November and December, even giving us the first Pack for free(Holiday Celebration Pack), I saw many people saying they'd sell us this content again but they didn't, I'm glad about that and I resent the fact that I lost hope for The Sims 4 at the time. So I'm going to keep hoping and encouraging and providing constructive criticism, because complaining isn't the only way to get what you want(I'm not saying everyone asking for stuff are complaining, there are people who complain without giving any or constructive feedback and even some people keep saying it's thanks to only the people who complained that we're getting stuff that we want). I've been pleasantly surprised at what they've added to the game, my first request for The Sims 4 was having Active Work Places and we got that with Get To Work, I didn't expect that tbh! Even if Toddlers come back with allot of content, we all know the quality is going to be subjective, not everyone will like what Toddlers have to bring, whether you ask for them or not, overall there will always people who want more, don't want a certain feature, want to limit features or want to expand features, we're all Simmers with our own Needs and whenever Content is released, not everyone is going to like it, there will be those who love it, those who like it, those who are 50/50 about it, those who dislike it, those who hate it and those who don't even use it.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    doubt it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

University was the only EP to include a new lifestage, and even that lifestage wasn't new in any sense of the word.

Young Adults only existed in university worlds, and before returning home aged into adults. YA used the adult sim body, with the teen sim voice. Nothing new was created, only a few outfits were made for YA's (also available for regular adults tho).

Pools are very different from door locks, and bed assignments. Pools were being worked on before release and were witheld from the game and chosen to be "free content".

Get Together does not include any new lifestages, lifestates, or anything like that. It includes social groups, a new world, and a handful of interactive objects.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    As of now I don't expect them to be free, but I do think they will try to make them the best toddlers we ever had.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    To be honest I haven't even seen any "hints" lately......but people continue trying to read hints into all sorts of things.

This is when it's important to know the difference between "imply" and "infer." The speaker implies and the listener infers. So when the SimGuru tweeted about cats & rats and mentioned the Florida Panthers, some people inferred a pets expansion was in the works. Whether he deliberately meant to imply that, only he knows. I inferred nothing of the kind since I know NHL hockey teams and the Panthers' "rat" joke. Many Sims fans are taking the vaguest hints and inferring what they want to hear. It's human nature.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    <snipped to get to the point> I think Rachel Franklin said it very clearly. When you don't regret something and say it was a good choice, there's no way you go back on your words and release that.
    I've reconsidered some statements I've made about Rachel Franklin. In retrospect, she may have been referring to their initial decision to pull toddlers from the base game prior to release, because at that time, they weren't completed. If this is what she meant, then it was a good decision. There would be no need for her to 'walk back' her words. Just another way to parse her words. And, we don't know the agenda of the author of the piece, either. May have been a hatchet job.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/