Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lose weight

Can your Sim lose weight in The Sims 4? I have a male sim who looks like he is in his second trimester of pregnancy and no matter how many times I send him to work out, he is still fat.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Treadmills and salads.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    The weight thing gets tedious. They have made it a bit harder for sims to gain weight but Colton is right. If you want to keep them trim, it's the treadmill and salads forever. Also, don't feed them until their hunger is in the yellow or red.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    You can. I made a Sim as large as I could just to do a weight loss challenge. Swimming, treadmill, and salads slowly did the trick. I took a screenshot each week.

11-17-14_4-31nbspPM_zpsf4265a60.png
    11-18-14_4-26nbspPM_zpse67d4809.png
    11-22-14_5-00nbspPM_zpsfe296a2b.png
    11-23-14_2-15nbspPM_zpsd5f577ac.png

After week four I got totally bored with that save and never got any farther with her.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've noticed that if they originally had a pot bellied shape, when they were made in CAS or generated as a townie, you can run them on the treadmill day and night and that pot belly just won't ever die. At least in my game. I had one particular townie that I adopted into a household and she was pear-shaped. She lost width to where her ribs were showing but the pot belly, just nope.

I gave her some cas.fulleditmode plastic surgery.

Edit: Just to clarify - I mean when you drag out the belly in CAS vs just using the weight slider. I think dragging it out just makes it part of their shape. Dunno.
    Post edited by lovebypondside on
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    This link shows how to do it with cheats...
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/835516/ageing-cheat

Has the massive muscle growth from non-weightlifting exercise been fixed yet? I never gained any pleasure from all the cooking options once I realised that my sims had to eat nothing but salad and do no exercise in order to stay close to the shape I made them. I haven't played in 6 months so I have no idea how it is now.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    Ugh... I made a fat Sim and had him pump iron to try and slim him down. A little afterwards I find out I needed to use treadmills to do that. Now he looks like a beefcake.

On the bright side, he's not being chased by hordes of female Sims. Ugh... I need to get my mind out of the '80s... Remember those movies where "unintelligent" blondes kept going after the guys on Muscle Beach?
    Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    I had a sim that started in tip top condition then she gained quite a bit of weight and then lost it all by completing the Athletic aspiration. I have noticed that if you don't keep them active they will lose muscle tone and start gaining weight back. ;)
  • Options
    Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    I'm currently playing a save with Amber where I had her lose weight and so far she's turned out ok. I just had her use the treadmill and eat salad. 10-04-15_2-14-39nbspAM_zpskvkm6mnk.png
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2015
    Taste of Diet ice cream. That's how Amber slimmed down in my game. Eat whatever you want, with that ice cream for desert.

She's a Foodie, so didn't want to deny her that vice.
  • Options
    TankCrazeTankCraze Posts: 34 Member
    The problem with using an insta-lean potion is that they become real skinny in all aspects.
  • Options
    @TankCraze This is true. I once tested it on a large sim and it turned her into a living skeleton.

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I like how slow it is to lose weight it's alot more realistic. In past games all you need to do to is hop on a treadmill for 3 hours and you go back down to slim which was really unrealistic. In Sims 4 it takes days to lose weight and not just exercise but diet as well and that adds something to work towards.
  • Options
    adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    My current family is all getting over weight too. One of the teens is athletic so she worked out on her own. She lost the weight easily, seemed like over night really. Her sister and brother, not so easy. The parents have really tried but loosing very little after several workouts. Hmmmm sounds like real life lol
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    @adniram00 You're avi is pretty much the best. Ever. ^_^ GO CATS!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Bubbles_19 wrote: »
    I'm currently playing a save with Amber where I had her lose weight and so far she's turned out ok. I just had her use the treadmill and eat salad. 10-04-15_2-14-39nbspAM_zpskvkm6mnk.png

It looks like the massive muscle gain problem is fixed based on this pic (unless you use a no muscles mod?) In the early days if a sim gained weight, making them work it off resulted in excessively muscular bodies. No matter what exercise they used.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Only the weight bench makes you super bulky now. Boxing and yoga have been toned down, and treadmill and jogging just burns fat. Swimming too, I think (swimming is great stress relief after work, too).
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    edited October 2015
    Are you guys doing the exercise routine and stopping once it's done or do you continue with "push the limits"? One of my Sims gets chunky somewhat quickly if I don't have him do regular workouts a few times a week. But I've noticed when he does get out of shape that if I have him "push the limits" after his regular workout that he seems to get back in shape much quicker. He does have the active trait though, not sure if that matters or not.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I find that sims change shape way too easily in The Sims 4. I don't usually use mods, but the no weight/muscle gain is now a must have for me. Now my sims stay in the shape I gave them in CAS :)

Here's the link in case you want it: http://modthesims.info/d/534028
  • Options
    Bubbles_19 wrote: »
    I'm currently playing a save with Amber where I had her lose weight and so far she's turned out ok. I just had her use the treadmill and eat salad.

It looks like the massive muscle gain problem is fixed based on this pic (unless you use a no muscles mod?) In the early days if a sim gained weight, making them work it off resulted in excessively muscular bodies. No matter what exercise they used.
    I have no mods installed at all so it must have been fixed.

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I have my sims jog or run on a treadmill daily to keep the weight under control, even pregnant sims. I do like that they gain weight slowly though if you don't, its a pretty neat addition to the game. They used to actually just drop the weight on at once, and I always hated that.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I have to disagree with some of the comments. Weight is ne of the few things properly done in this game when you get it.

I'll give you some tips, but first you should know the body shape your sim has. Some sims have a curvy body even if they are thin.

However here are some tips:

Healthy eating
    Don't over feed your sims
    Eat on a schedule breakfast and dinner . Lunch depending on what time they woke up

To get slim and no muscle gain:

Swimming (effective)
    Yoga (very effective)
    Treadmill (very effective)
    Jogging (not so effective)
    Dancing (not so effective)

For muscle gain:

Boxing (very effective)
    Weight lifting (very effective)

Hope it helps!

Happy simming :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Treadmills and swimming. If you have Cool Kitchen SP, you can make him eat the taste of diet ice cream maybe once or twice.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I had a sim that started in tip top condition then she gained quite a bit of weight and then lost it all by completing the Athletic aspiration. I have noticed that if you don't keep them active they will lose muscle tone and start gaining weight back. ;)

Story of my life! But a nice attention to detail in the game :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've noticed that if they originally had a pot bellied shape, when they were made in CAS or generated as a townie, you can run them on the treadmill day and night and that pot belly just won't ever die. At least in my game. I had one particular townie that I adopted into a household and she was pear-shaped. She lost width to where her ribs were showing but the pot belly, just nope.

I gave her some cas.fulleditmode plastic surgery.

Edit: Just to clarify - I mean when you drag out the belly in CAS vs just using the weight slider. I think dragging it out just makes it part of their shape. Dunno.
    I found this to be true as well. The only way I've found to make this work is to slide the sliders all the way down and pull the body to the desired shape/size you would ultimately like it to reach then slide it up to the desired fatness. Keeps the perma pot belly thing at bay and also means your sim won't become skin and bone skeletal when the weight comes off. TLdr: Edit the skinniest you wish your sim to get and the fattest will level out with it.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I have to disagree with some of the comments. Weight is ne of the few things properly done in this game when you get it.

I'll give you some tips, but first you should know the body shape your sim has. Some sims have a curvy body even if they are thin.

However here are some tips:

Healthy eating
    Don't over feed your sims
    Eat on a schedule breakfast and dinner . Lunch depending on what time they woke up

To get slim and no muscle gain:

Swimming (effective)
    Yoga (very effective)
    Treadmill (very effective)
    Jogging (not so effective)
    Dancing (not so effective)

For muscle gain:

Boxing (very effective)
    Weight lifting (very effective)

Hope it helps!

Happy simming :)

Problem is I love making my sims eat pizza and hamburgers lol :D that's why it's so hard for me to keep them in shape.