Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Person's Perspectives (A Midnight Sun Challenge)

Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
Hey all! :) I've never really completed a challenge before as I usually end up deleting it in a fit of rage that it's not good enough (Okay, I might be a bit of a perfectionist.) but I'm going to keep trying until I can manage to complete one successfully. All of my previous stories were crap, fyi, and I hope you don't read them. Lol. I've gained a bit more experience writing, so hopefully this story won't be crap. Thank you if you give this story (and me) a shot. Now, I won't be playing in full screen due to the way I need to take screenshots and such so the pictures might be a bit smaller, but yeah... everything else should turn out right. My game shouldn't burst into flames. Probably.
~~Table of Contents~~
Introduction
Chapter 1
~~The Challenge~~
If you don't already know, the Midnight Sun Challenge is where you create one Sim and you are trapped on a very tiny island. They must then go travel to other countries or a university campus and try to find a mate to bring back and have children with.

More info (including rules) can be found here: http://modthesims.info/t/442322

Special thanks to Gurra09 for creating this super awesome challenge! :)
~~Rules Changes~~
There is no way I am going to live with this rule: "An important detail is that everyone born on the lot or married into family must live on the isle and is never allowed to leave it until death takes them elsewhere." I will definitely be leaving the isle whenever I feel like. I'm being challenged enough to finish this challenge AND work with a tiny lot. You can only tower up five levels, mind you. But you do get basement room... hmm...
thedoctor.gif
Post edited by Alpal425 on

Comments

• Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    Now, unlike most people, I do not have the patience to do a full-out backstory. So I didn't go off and do the work of creating parents and such, but I do have a backstory. So, sorry for the lack of pictures, but this is the beginning.
    ~~Introduction~~

When something is special about you, people say it's unique. Well, from what my husband has told me at least. Where he is from that's what they say. That's how I fell in love with him. I wish I grew up where he did. He's the first one to disagree with 'my people'. Where I'm from, looking different, it's wrong. Everyone is... what their definition of 'normal' is. I'm not their 'normal'. They used to tell me I was cursed. They didn't see that looks aren't everything.

unQdQfA.jpg

Let's start from the beginning.

Hello there. I'm Grace Avila, daughter of Adam Avila and Sarah Fareson. When I was born, there was something different about me. Nobody in the land had ever seen something like it before. The other kids didn't want to play with me - I scared them. When the elderly saw me when I was younger, they'd screech that I was the cursed child and stare at me like I was a ghost, like I was wrong. My mom told me not to listen to them - I was beautiful no matter what they said. I was her daughter, I was perfect. But soon, overtime, she started to believe them.

IAMPQ7f.png

As a child, I didn't understand. Why did something silly as the color of my eyes matter? Their eyes had color too, just not red. Why did it make a difference? Why didn't I fit in? I was just a kid and everyone acted like I shouldn't exist. That was my normal. Having icy cold glares at my back, people taking a step back when I walked up to them, things like that.

I eventually took the hint. One day, I went on my parent's computer and talked to a person on the support line on a store website. I asked them if they could ship to remote locations. While suspcious, the person confirmed it and gave me the details. (Who knew helicopters flew right over top of my destination?) After I had it all set up, I was ready. I had someone take me to an isolated island. Off the charts, on no map. I was left on the island with all of my necessities in my boat. Then my shipments started to come in. I could do whatever I wanted with the little island. It was my new home.

JQ1p5wU.jpg

Kind of funny if you think about it. On the first day I arrived, it was my birthday. I became a young adult. On my own. No parents to watch me anymore. I started to wonder if I'd get lonely...

And that's what I have so far. The next chapters won't be like a flashback-sorta-ish thing anymore. Tell me what you think!!
    thedoctor.gif
  • Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    I really want to get started on this challenge so here. :) Okay, before I continue, however, I want to show you the house/hut I made for her.

Up front you can see the go away animal signs. This will help as Register only gets rid of MOST of my animals, even though I set the values to 0 and false. This will get rid of the surplus ones hopefully. The hut is small, and it has the fridge outside. I was seriously 65 Simoleons short of getting the outdoor shower.

Z5dSZOh.jpg

I don't care that her items are coming from the store. I freaking love the whole surviving on an island feel. I even dressed her like it - you'll see. Anyways... Inside we have her easel (which we will be using to get the freaking shower with), a toilet (I don't want puddles. Puddles are worse than stink clouds, IMO.) and of course her bed. I almost got a double bed since she will be getting a husband, but because I have Seasons... and the heat... with sunburn... yeah, no.

xIVSiMU.jpg

Here's the info for Grace. (Oh, and btw, I think she's GORGEOUS and I LOVE her eyes. :dizzy:)

H7W36ul.png
    ~~Chapter 1~~

Here I am. All alone on a tiny island in complete solitude completely alone. Kind of funny, I felt like this my whole life anyway. It's not much of a difference, just a bit of a change in scenery. No people to criticize and tease me for how I look. The only thing I don't like about my new life is that my home looks like an outhouse on the outside...

KPdzRGv.jpg
    9RRpITb.jpg

I've decided to paint most of my time. It takes my mind off of the fact that I have nobody else to talk to. I've realized that if I get good at painting maybe I could ship the paintings off and make a bit of money to buy more things. Like a shower. I really will need that. The ocean is nice and all, but a shower just feels good. Everyone knows that.

Mabvbgy.jpg

I've also found joys in gardening. I will admit, once or twice I've talked to them. I have this superstition that if I don't talk, I'll forget how to. I wouldn't want that. I am getting lonely here. I've been thinking of getting a penpal. Maybe I should ask my plant friends about it. I wonder if they have any good advice.

l0R2EQO.jpg

At least I finished my first painting. I hate it, though. It looks like a toddler made it. Practice makes perfect, however. I will get good at it someday. But I think I might need to paint a few more before I will be able to get that ever-so-wanted shower...

zdVPFXm.jpg

Hey, at least when I shipped it off, someone bought it! I consider that an accomplishment.

I know this is a short chapter. She's just making money right now. :)
    thedoctor.gif
  • bmit04bmit04 Posts: 57 Member
    Hey Alpal! Looks awesome!