Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making The Sims 4 game my own

Comments

• Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2015
    @teaa5 - Great to hear of others with a similar playstyle... What have you been upto in your game lately?

@Hopeinen - I love Newcrest aswell, i've had fun building there too.. I actually quite like the small houses and the way that they are similar but still a little different (colour wise), it makes it look great as a neighborhood theme.

@fullspiral - Wow, beautiful bar/lounge and business district. I would love to see those in game... the scene has deffinetly given me ideas. Are those lots in the gallery?

@OneAdorkableGirl - You are quite welcome :smile: Love these kinds of sharing threads myself, I think it's so nice seeing what everyone is upto and how every one plays and what people have done with their game. I can imagine how you feel about attentionspan and building houses... if it's gonna be good it almost always has to take some time... I know that from drawing too, the more time you put into it, the better it becomes... Usually I start building, and if I loose focus I just go and do something else for a while, and then go back to finish the house. It works well like that, even though often you'd want it to be finished quickly lol.
    It sounds fun how you take something you loved from sims 3, a legacy family, and bringing it with you so to speak, to sims4. I like that idea. For me I do rotational play.. I keep the families between 5-10 families in one 'world', just so it shouldnt be overwhelming... I'm a sucker for making too many babies in my games :wink:
    Your sims, wow.. I adore them! when I look at them i'm thinking their genes will look great in further generations! I think your male sims are excellent aswell. Are they in the gallery? would love to check them out.

@Orchid13 - Love your idea and even your story of your sims and how you make them your own. Actually sounds like a pretty cool tv series if it were made... Thats how I envision my sims as well sometimes..like stars in a tv show :smiley:

@Cinebar - Sounds a bit like a horror story, lol.

@Mollypup9 - I hear you about building controls in TS4. *sigh* I love many of the features but some of it drives me nuts... Like the roofing can be pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 frustrating sometimes, and the fact that you can't delete placed down floors.. It's also a bit difficult finding colors that match and things to match the theme of your house at the same time.. I usually switch out the colors several times to find a match. I mean it sucks that some of the windows or doors are only in color? no white in some of them, What?! lol.
    The camara agravations has bothered me aswell :neutral: Especially when you go to a second or third floor like you said...it's so frustrating.. But i've found a tip for the 'mouse to the edges move the screen' - Just click down the right mouse button and move the mouse.. it will move your screen quickly and has helped me alot :smile:

@CK213 - Haha I love how you've personalized your game! btw Dina Caliente looks much better with that hair.. reminds me of her in sims 2 :smiley: Love your builds, and also the ones where you have changed pre existing lots and houses to make them more of your own. I'm not good at going with just 1 style of houses, so my neighborhoods dont always 'match' lol... Love the carpet cc! where did you get that? gimme! gimme! :wink:

I changed another lot in Granite Falls 2 days ago, and thought i'd share that in here :smile: It's a big lodge for the large family or for a rich family as it costs over 1000 simoleons a day..

wX6OwzT.jpg
    cT5goKH.jpg

Upstairs room for kids:
    t8tEeC2.jpg

Two adult bedrooms downstairs. Here's one:
    eStqX1G.jpg

7FsH1Ns.jpg
    I7fpElv.jpg
    mQfUzB4.jpg
    Gb57WSo.jpg
    a01xBek.jpg

Btw. I want to change the 'national park' in Granite Falls aswell, but I haven't got many ideas of what to do there... what do you guys think? any ideas? would love to hear them!
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Anzi130 wrote: »
    @CK213 - Haha I love how you've personalized your game! btw Dina Caliente looks much better with that hair.. reminds me of her in sims 2 :smiley: Love your builds, and also the ones where you have changed pre existing lots and houses to make them more of your own. I'm not good at going with just 1 style of houses, so my neighborhoods dont always 'match' lol... Love the carpet cc! where did you get that? gimme! gimme! :wink:

Btw. I want to change the 'national park' in Granite Falls aswell, but I haven't got many ideas of what to do there... what do you guys think? any ideas? would love to hear them!

http://modthesims.info/d/539135
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=540074
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=540196

@Anzi130 Do you know if we can put a Spa in Granite Falls?
    If so, that is my next project--Stat!

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

This is what I expect from a next generations sims game, not the black bar stools on the left.
    03-23-15_12-00nbspAM-2.png

I completely agree with you and your pic above pic defines it very well. And it's also the reason that the bulk of my CC is furnishings and decor. Much of what is available is very nice and I don't have an issue with 'clash'. I see no problem with it at all.
    10-10-15_9-28-08nbspAM_zps4svrmgdx.png

I also don't have a problem with the terrain paints or background alterations. I do not see how they take away from the style. Mind, I don't see it as much "MySims" as you do.

I think it's a perfect blending of the two.

I love realistic sims. In TS2 and TS3 my sims were extremely realistic. However in TS4 I tried with the realism, but with such a cartoony look i had to go to maxis match CC.

I also gave the Caliente sisters a makeover. They are my beloved sims from sims 2 and TS4 version wasn't working for me.

The green bathroom is gorgeous btw.
    @teaa5 - Great to hear of others with a similar playstyle... What have you been upto in your game lately?

@Hopeinen - I love Newcrest aswell, i've had fun building there too.. I actually quite like the small houses and the way that they are similar but still a little different (colour wise), it makes it look great as a neighborhood theme.

@fullspiral - Wow, beautiful bar/lounge and business district. I would love to see those in game... the scene has deffinetly given me ideas. Are those lots in the gallery?

@OneAdorkableGirl - You are quite welcome :smile: Love these kinds of sharing threads myself, I think it's so nice seeing what everyone is upto and how every one plays and what people have done with their game. I can imagine how you feel about attentionspan and building houses... if it's gonna be good it almost always has to take some time... I know that from drawing too, the more time you put into it, the better it becomes... Usually I start building, and if I loose focus I just go and do something else for a while, and then go back to finish the house. It works well like that, even though often you'd want it to be finished quickly lol.
    It sounds fun how you take something you loved from sims 3, a legacy family, and bringing it with you so to speak, to sims4. I like that idea. For me I do rotational play.. I keep the families between 5-10 families in one 'world', just so it shouldnt be overwhelming... I'm a sucker for making too many babies in my games :wink:
    Your sims, wow.. I adore them! when I look at them i'm thinking their genes will look great in further generations! I think your male sims are excellent aswell. Are they in the gallery? would love to check them out.

@Orchid13 - Love your idea and even your story of your sims and how you make them your own. Actually sounds like a pretty cool tv series if it were made... Thats how I envision my sims as well sometimes..like stars in a tv show :smiley:

@Cinebar - Sounds a bit like a horror story, lol.

@Mollypup9 - I hear you about building controls in TS4. *sigh* I love many of the features but some of it drives me nuts... Like the roofing can be pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 frustrating sometimes, and the fact that you can't delete placed down floors.. It's also a bit difficult finding colors that match and things to match the theme of your house at the same time.. I usually switch out the colors several times to find a match. I mean it sucks that some of the windows or doors are only in color? no white in some of them, What?! lol.
    The camara agravations has bothered me aswell :neutral: Especially when you go to a second or third floor like you said...it's so frustrating.. But i've found a tip for the 'mouse to the edges move the screen' - Just click down the right mouse button and move the mouse.. it will move your screen quickly and has helped me alot :smile:

I changed another lot in Granite Falls 2 days ago, and thought i'd share that in here :smile: It's a big lodge for the large family or for a rich family as it costs over 1000 simoleons a day..

wX6OwzT.jpg
    cT5goKH.jpg

Upstairs room for kids:
    t8tEeC2.jpg

Two adult bedrooms downstairs. Here's one:
    eStqX1G.jpg

7FsH1Ns.jpg
    I7fpElv.jpg
    mQfUzB4.jpg
    Gb57WSo.jpg
    a01xBek.jpg

I'm glad you liked my story :) . Ill try posting the new Gym I made, but first I want to make their photographer friend take a bunch of pictures of the "gym owners" and put them all over the gym
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I also don't have a problem with the terrain paints or background alterations. I do not see how they take away from the style. Mind, I don't see it as much "MySims" as you do.

I think it's a perfect blending of the two.

Well, it's not direct.
    It's as if My Sims grew up to be The Sims 4. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Do you know if we can put a Spa in Granite Falls?

Yes you can. It was the first thing I did with Spa Day. I put it in the National park lot.
  • Options
    cupidsarrow94cupidsarrow94 Posts: 21 Member
    I own every sims game that has come out and have been a simmer since TheSimsOnline Beta game....I make changes in the neighborhood as far as what buildings are in it and I create y own sims to look like family, friends and celebrities. I create real-life issues and allow them to be played out in the game with minimum control. I come up with various ways to utilize the retail capability. I am working on a way to use the spa as a means of income for my sims. I love the idea of being able to create underground facilities and being able to manipulate the basement features to create better designed homes and community venues in TS4.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2015
    Malpractice sims get the doctor career
    ingame15.jpg

Lester VanNuys owns all the retail lots :
    ingame18.jpg

Magnolia Promenade Mall, JF&S Clothing Store, QueenElizabeth Pizzeria, ...
    ingame19.jpg

..., Factory Living Clothing Store and Factory Living Bakery
    ingame20.jpg

Arrival Trailer sims are the employees of Lester, their retail skills are at the highest level.
    ingame16.jpg

ingame17.jpg

Bonus:
    Pink Liberty Lee and Grim Reaper
    ingame21.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Anzi130 wrote: »
    @LeGardePourpre - I adore your man, he is so cool. Is he in the gallery?

Sam is uploaded
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/6EDCBC34700C11E5877757BB143F925F
    sim_1516.jpg

@LeGardePourpre: Wow, such a big family. (: I love big families; and your two Sims are super cute.

I like when my sims got a family tree

ingame22.jpg
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    I'm so glad you posted this. Even though I recreated a lot of sims inleft a few townies. I might replace them with the maxis creations and even bring back the pleasent, newbies, etc

In fact, I don't like the NPC townies created by the game, I prefer the Maxis creations.

And because I can't forget my TS2/TS3 stories, I need to bring back my favorite characters and my favorite houses like the Factory Living buildings originally created by Nengi45 for The Sims 2.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    AmericanSimStoryAmericanSimStory Posts: 60 Member
    I don't have the patience to change a great deal, I have to admit. I just make my family and decorate their home, then start playing. Sometimes I add another family or two I've made, if I want them to have certain friends or love interests. Other than that, I leave the game as it is. I would love to do a big overhaul of the houses and Sims, but I can't build and it never goes right. :p:s
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member

Thank you so much for the links! and yes apparantly you can, like @fullspiral said :smile: I was thinking to add that as a project, a good idea! Maybe when GT comes out i'll be making a cabin ish pub there aswell.

@Orchid13 - Can't wait to see your gym ! :smiley:

@cupidsarrow94 - I never tried Sims Online, I really wanted to back then, but was quite young and my mom wasn't liking the idea of an online for me back then. Fortunately i'm 23 now, but sims online is no more.

@LeGardePourpre - Ty for showing off pictures of what you've done with your game. Very cool, and I like that you've also used some of the premade sims that Maxis made. Also ty for uploading your sim man, he looks great! and I've actually made my own sims aswell from sims2/3 and even sims 1, also some of the pre existing ones..

Some days ago I made another forest lodge for my game in Granite falls. Here it is:
    dR43a0G.jpg

0SmZy4R.jpg

UnrRgtk.jpg

eLsJ8Mf.jpg

DK8ubDL.jpg

kB743TU.jpg

Unfortunately my game was bugged yesterday and kept sending me back to the world screen when I was trying to load a family :( sniffles. Had to start a whole new game so i'm building everything back.
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    Malpractice sims get the doctor career
    ingame15.jpg

Lester VanNuys owns all the retail lots :
    ingame18.jpg

Magnolia Promenade Mall, JF&S Clothing Store, QueenElizabeth Pizzeria, ...
    ingame19.jpg

..., Factory Living Clothing Store and Factory Living Bakery
    ingame20.jpg

Arrival Trailer sims are the employees of Lester, their retail skills are at the highest level.
    ingame16.jpg

ingame17.jpg

Bonus:
    Pink Liberty Lee and Grim Reaper
    ingame21.jpg

Where did you find the trailer sims ? :open_mouth:

Thank you so much for the links! and yes apparantly you can, like @fullspiral said :smile: I was thinking to add that as a project, a good idea! Maybe when GT comes out i'll be making a cabin ish pub there aswell.

@Orchid13 - Can't wait to see your gym ! :smiley:

@cupidsarrow94 - I never tried Sims Online, I really wanted to back then, but was quite young and my mom wasn't liking the idea of an online for me back then. Fortunately i'm 23 now, but sims online is no more.

@LeGardePourpre - Ty for showing off pictures of what you've done with your game. Very cool, and I like that you've also used some of the premade sims that Maxis made. Also ty for uploading your sim man, he looks great! and I've actually made my own sims aswell from sims2/3 and even sims 1, also some of the pre existing ones..

Some days ago I made another forest lodge for my game in Granite falls. Here it is:
    dR43a0G.jpg

0SmZy4R.jpg

UnrRgtk.jpg

eLsJ8Mf.jpg

DK8ubDL.jpg

kB743TU.jpg

Unfortunately my game was bugged yesterday and kept sending me back to the world screen when I was trying to load a family :( sniffles. Had to start a whole new game so i'm building everything back.

:) its done but im having issues with a few details
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Wow so many people play rotational with huge amount of households, so happy that I'm not the only one who play that way XD I'm currently rotating between 34 households...and I jump from one household to another on a whim whenever I feel like it. Each households have their own stories. I have households ranging from single young adult to a generation of grandparents to grandchildren :# I started populating the worlds with my own sims since the very beginning and I watch them grow. I keep premades that I like and I'm very likely to delete any townies I see walking around my game lol. I also play with aging off. I have set amount of children, teenagers, YA and an elder (lol) so when I decided to age a sim up, for example I aged a teen to YA, I will age up another child to Teen to fill that now empty Teen slot. And a couple can have another baby to fill that now empty Child slot and so on. All my sims have survived culling just fine :#

This is how my current neighborhoods/ worlds whatever you may call it looks like:

Willow Creek
    XhAk6Mq.png
    I don't have enough patience (nor the talent, lol) to build each lots on my own so I downloaded all lots off the gallery (except a house which I actually built myself), thanks amazing builders! <3 If you're curious which creator built a certain lot just ask me I'll look them up once I'm in game again. I placed an Elementary school (from zerbu's go to school mod) and several career lots from zerbu's turbo career mod. There are also a spa, a gym, a nightclub and a bar. The rests are residential lots.

Oasis Springs
    CZ7pz5A.png
    There are a high school, several career lots, retail stores, lounges, gyms, nightclub, a museum and a library

Newcrests
    H9Bsck1.png
    There are a big park and a spa. The rests are residential lots

Granite Falls
    ZWJZkqN.png
    I placed a Spa there. And replaced the national park with a big ranch for large families to rent.

Magnolia Promenade
    zcV9cVM.png
    A mall, an ice cream parlor, a culinary career lot and a small national park containing all plants from the game.
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    Where did you find the trailer sims ? :open_mouth:

Origin ID SimGuruZephyr or #Sims4ArrivalTrailer

The other sims are shared by MaxisCreator_01 , SimGuruJill and SimGuruLyndsay

Thank you !
    Wow so many people play rotational with huge amount of households, so happy that I'm not the only one who play that way XD I'm currently rotating between 34 households...and I jump from one household to another on a whim whenever I feel like it. Each households have their own stories. I have households ranging from single young adult to a generation of grandparents to grandchildren :# I started populating the worlds with my own sims since the very beginning and I watch them grow. I keep premades that I like and I'm very likely to delete any townies I see walking around my game lol. I also play with aging off. I have set amount of children, teenagers, YA and an elder (lol) so when I decided to age a sim up, for example I aged a teen to YA, I will age up another child to Teen to fill that now empty Teen slot. And a couple can have another baby to fill that now empty Child slot and so on. All my sims have survived culling just fine :#

This is how my current neighborhoods/ worlds whatever you may call it looks like:

Willow Creek
    XhAk6Mq.png
    I don't have enough patience (nor the talent, lol) to build each lots on my own so I downloaded all lots off the gallery (except a house which I actually built myself), thanks amazing builders! <3 If you're curious which creator built a certain lot just ask me I'll look them up once I'm in game again. I placed an Elementary school (from zerbu's go to school mod) and several career lots from zerbu's turbo career mod. There are also a spa, a gym, a nightclub and a bar. The rests are residential lots.

Oasis Springs
    CZ7pz5A.png
    There are a high school, several career lots, retail stores, lounges, gyms, nightclub, a museum and a library

Newcrests
    H9Bsck1.png
    There are a big park and a spa. The rests are residential lots

Granite Falls
    ZWJZkqN.png
    I placed a Spa there. And replaced the national park with a big ranch for large families to rent.

Magnolia Promenade
    zcV9cVM.png
    A mall, an ice cream parlor, a culinary career lot and a small national park containing all plants from the game.

Oh my gosh your worlds look so alive. I thought i had a lot of sims, but not really haha. Did you build the ice cream parlour? Its so pretty!! Hope the culling doesn't ruin your game
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    EDIT: Had some issues with my pictures
    Post edited by Orchid13 on
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited October 2015
    I alter my gameplay with MC Command which allows story progression + added 2 emotional mods, one for lifetime emotions and the other which makes the sims more emotional than usual, it allows them to end up in more drama, etc. :O
    Edit: OH! and 2 mods that allow more sims on public/ genetic/ venue lots, it applies more life that's for sure.

Works well for roleplay/ Rotational play. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I like to create my own world made up of homes and community lots. Takes forever but it's great to go from lot to lot and be able to admire it as my own work. I also like embellishing my lots with custom content i've made for it, particularly community. It is really difficult right now with so much missing from the game.
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh your worlds look so alive. I thought i had a lot of sims, but not really haha. Did you build the ice cream parlour? Its so pretty!! Hope the culling doesn't ruin your game
    @Orchid13 Yeah they're pretty much alive. Even at night I can see many of my sims walking around the neighborhoods. The community lots are always crowded too. I used to have MC Command with the randomize visiting sims option toggled on but couldn't be bothered with taking the mod in and out with the frequent patches so I just took it out, and found out that my game doesn't need it. A lot of my sims gather at the community lots on their own XD The ice cream parlor was built by Laelewen :) I've never had problem with culling before, probably because I couldn't care less about the townies. I hope I didn't just jinx it lol.

Btw I couldn't view the images of your sims in your post after that, it says page not found. Wonder if it's just me? o:
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Btw I couldn't view the images of your sims in your post after that, it says page not found. Wonder if it's just me? o:

No, I can't see them either.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I use a lot of mods and CCs with it, so my game will never be the exact same as someone else. I have a mod/CC shopping addict problem though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 Yeah they're pretty much alive. Even at night I can see many of my sims walking around the neighborhoods. The community lots are always crowded too. I used to have MC Command with the randomize visiting sims option toggled on but couldn't be bothered with taking the mod in and out with the frequent patches so I just took it out, and found out that my game doesn't need it. A lot of my sims gather at the community lots on their own XD The ice cream parlor was built by Laelewen :) I've never had problem with culling before, probably because I couldn't care less about the townies. I hope I didn't just jinx it lol.

No, I can't see them either.

Yeah i deleted the pics haha. I'll try putting it back again.

Anyway @BabyCarrotz how long did it take you to do all that. I have a few pending sims, but i build my own houses and sometimes its tireing, cause im not that good with the shape so i look for floorplans in pinterest and sometimes i get a bit too ambitious with my plans. Another problem I have is space. My town seems so messy sometimes and im a bit OCD and i hate having public lots in the residential neighbourhoods. I'm in desperate need of expansion packs!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Orchid13 Oh okay, haha. I've started that save since early this year, I think? And of course there were several technical problems in between where I lost some progress and all but I was lucky I have a habit of saving my sims to the library, and make back ups of the Tray folder too ^-^ I started off with 2 married couples. They had kids and then they grew up, some of them got married. In between I also created other sims and moved them in. Eventually some of them found love, got married, had kids etc. and that was how the population grew. I make new sims quite frequently. Some of them stayed in the library and some of the lucky ones were moved to live in one of the neighborhoods. It also helps to make back ups of the saves so if anything happened I can always go back to any of the earlier saves :)

Edit: Oops I forgot to mention that I'm also running out of space XD Surely Windenburg will make up for that? Haha. Sometimes I wish we have CAW and larger worlds :/
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I make any game my own when I get to create the looks of my Sims, idk I've always loved games that let you choose the look of your character, to me it makes it more personal to what I'd see the character of a game could look like, it's something I've always loved about The Sims and the Romances are probably the biggest thing that make the game for me, I'm just a Romance Player I guess lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Right now I'm working on my legacy family. I'm up to 5 or 6 generations. And I've noticed an unintentional pattern. One of the founder sims was a doctor. Then their grandson became a doctor and then their great-grand daughter has become a doctor. Basically it was Gen 1, Gen 3 and then Gen 5. So every odd generation their is a doctor in the family. Which makes me excited for Generation 7 to roll around so I can add a new doctor to the mix.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    CK, LeGarde, BabyC, fabulous ideas!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie