Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    Kira and Mark tried to get married but postponed the wedding to another day do to the snow and the fact that it was only 12 degrees out

Screenshot-128.jpg
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @Sincerbox Love your holiday decorations! I never get that fancy, but maybe I should start. Great idea! :)
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    screenshot-323.jpg?w=656&h=410

With the Nraas Story Progression mod, my Sunset Valley has been carrying on swimmingly. Unfortunately, there are some incredibly unfavorable genetics in this town, so more than half of the inhabitants are ugly as sin.

And then I found this lady. Easily the most gorgeous townie I've come across. Why can't the rest of the townsfolk share similar genetics?
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @Lady Llewellyn She IS beautiful. Who is she? Looks like she has the luck of some kind of skintone - or is that au-nat-ur-elle? :)
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    screenshot-323.jpg?w=656&h=410

With the Nraas Story Progression mod, my Sunset Valley has been carrying on swimmingly. Unfortunately, there are some incredibly unfavorable genetics in this town, so more than half of the inhabitants are ugly as sin.

And then I found this lady. Easily the most gorgeous townie I've come across. Why can't the rest of the townsfolk share similar genetics?

I admit that if I find a sim that my sim has good chemistry with, I'm not above CAS-ing them. I think the worst of the uglies happen in Twinbrook and Sunset Valley isn't great either if the Frio's are breeding.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited October 2015
    emorrill wrote: »
    ...How did you start a fire and take those amazing pics without having the Sims freak out in them? ;)
    I saved first, then used NRaas Debug Enabler to Add Fire. The fires start small, but can grow quite huge if allowed. Clyde is a Daredevil. So even though I had no control over his actions, he was fascinated by the fire and "played" with it until he finally started extinguishing the flames on his own. I'm sure he was Having a Blast. :p Elliot is Brave, so he automatically starts putting out fires too. It was night, and the warehouse didn't have any other sims near it, so no one else came running. And neither guy called the fire department! But I admit, I kept a close watch on Crazy Clyde! :D

Bonnie and Clyde were both NPCs until the end of the story when I evicted them, saved them to the library, and then moved them to Riverview. They're gone now from my Roaring Heights game. Federal Witness Relocation Program! :#

And thank you. I enjoy storytelling and writing--just for fun.
    Post edited by lanlyn on
    edited October 2015
    @TadOlson New jobs for Eli and Ami! Hope they can enjoy the good weather on the weekends now. I also see that their workshop is coming right along.

@PixelsSquared You have some great looking sims. :)

@MiyuEmi I also knock out some of the lots the game automatically sets down. Usually some of the Showtime ones, Mick's Karaoke, Varg's Tavern or other bars. I have my own versions of these that I place instead. I also knock out the two consignment shops and put down a combo lot which includes other registers too.

@Kayern Congrats on the twins!

@Sorak4 Fun screenshots. I love the caped sim. Soraka?

@MoonandStars83 Another congrats for new babies.

@emorrill Aha! Dr Whooves has some competition now! ;) Love the new stallions and their bachelor house. Great romances evolving there.

@james64468 Lucky elder surviving the fire. Good job, John Cookie!

@Sincerbox Your holiday screenshots are gorgeous! I decorate a little, but I only have 3-day winters, so it feels a little rushed sometimes to go full out. I have enjoyed the mistletoe though. Different.

@s1mszzang More wonderful looking sims! Very realistic too.

@laydayway Wow! Hope your sims washed all those sheets after the party! Just kidding. B)

@Breazona I like how you used the stained glass window props near the wedding arch. Great idea! So sorry for the family death during the ceremony though. Having Death attend the wedding is kind of a downer, but makes for some interesting memories!

@thuggishsplicer If you have Seasons, it seems Moonlight Falls gets a lot of foggy weather. Pretty cool atmosphere. Have fun with the expansion. There's a lot of content to explore. Oh, and don't forget to check out the Magic Wardrobe. I didn't do that until just recently. Fun. ;)

@jensimgirl Love your winter wedding! The bride's gown is lovely too. Lacy snowflakes.

@Lady Llewellyn I love your blog. So much fun. Great sense of humor. I need to just read your last few entries today. Looks like the next generation is growing up!
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2015
    Thank you for the comment @lanlyn @bee1977 and @amethnw

I am enjoying taking these memory shots of the game as it progresses. I change the decor around all the time as it suits me much as I do in real life.

Here are Cassandra and Alexander growing up together.

Screenshot-35.jpg

Screenshot-34_1.jpg

Meanwhile, down the hall....

Screenshot-36_1.jpg
    Post edited by Sincerbox on
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2015
    mark also froze solid so kirra had to unfreeze him lol
  • Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    edited October 2015
    @bee1977 Looks like she's a second-generation townie, the daughter of Connor Frio and Jamie Jolina. From the looks of her sister, Cecilia here got the lucky genes. She ended up with my CC skintone, but I forget what it is. It's very basic-- she'd look pretty without it, too.

@MiyuEmi But she's the daughter of a Frio! Her sister is terribly ugly, though. And normally I might change them just a little in CAS, but this is my legacy and I feel like that might be cheating somehow.

@lanlyn Thank you! I know, I can't believe how big they all are.
    Riverview: Bonnie and Clyde's first day. Some background: I changed their Evil traits. I've done Evil and wanted to try traits I hadn't played yet. Also, I wanted to show that B & C were at least trying to reform. I changed their Lifetime Wishes to better fit their new lives (wishes I also hadn't tried before). And I changed their last names since they were suppose to have new identities.

Clyde Farrow
    Daredevil, Hopeless Romantic, Ambitious, Kleptomaniac (never played), Party Animal (never played, was Evil)
    LTW: CEO of Mega-Corporation (never played)
    (The game had given Clyde a college Business degree.)

Bonnie Parks
    Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Athletic, Over-Emotional (never played), Neurotic (never played, was Evil)
    LTW: Blog Artist (never played)

This is also the first time I've placed the Now and Then Manor in game. I've only used content from it. I'm going to have Clyde and Bonnie fix it up bits at a time. Clyde heads over to the fixer-upper car right away. Bonnie explores the house.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252822%252529.jpg

Disgusted with roaches and trash piles.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252819%252529.jpg

Checking the sink faucets.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252817%252529.jpg

Looking through the library rooms.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252816%252529.jpg

Dusting off cobwebs and making sure her mascara isn't smudged.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252815%252529.jpg

Clyde blinks. Yep, that's a guy in a llama suit.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252814%252529.jpg

Neighbors show up to welcome Bonnie and Clyde to Riverview. But I found out later that something's very wrong about these two--something more serious than their bad choice of clothing. Meet Raymond Lee and Celia Chung.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%25252812%252529.jpg

The neighbors certainly know how to cheer up the new arrivals.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

Clyde doesn't need any more emotional outbursts from unhappy sims. Bonnie's all he can handle right now.
    RiverviewArrive%252520%2525289%252529.jpg

"Calm down, lady. Maybe you and Mr. Lee better head home and take it easy for a while."
    RiverviewArrive%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

"Oh, dear. Is that fog...or smoke? I feel so light-headed!"
    RiverviewArrive%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

"Hey, Bonnie, I know I'm no knight in shining armor, but I promise to protect you here. Everything's going to be just fine."
    RiverviewArrive%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Bonnie doesn't look too convinced, but she'll give Clyde a chance."
    RiverviewArrive%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

On top of everything, there's a full moon that night. Both Bonnie and Clyde want to visit the graveyard. Why not? They need to find death flowers anyway.
    FirstFullMoon%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

They're not alone. Seems that other sims enjoy a good fright during full moons.
    FullMoonGraves%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

Clyde wants to dance under the full moon. What better place to romance your gal than among the graves?
    FullMoonGraves%252520%25252810%252529.jpg

But they soon make a grisly discovery. They find the graves of their visiting "neighbors" Raymond Lee and Celia Chung!
    FullMoonGraves%252520%2525289%252529.jpg

And they've been dead for a very long time!
    FullMoonGraves%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

Does Clyde and Bonnie's old house lure dead people? :o
  • TiffyVogueTiffyVogue Posts: 48 Member
    i saw the icecream man and my sim ran for a popsicle it was so cute you should had watch it
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »

Neighbors show up to welcome Bonnie and Clyde to Riverview.
    I dunno what is up with my game, but...visitors don't show up to welcome my new sims in town anymore. :( The game hasn't done that in a year or so! Because of mods maybe?
    Loved this update @lanlyn :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    ...I dunno what is up with my game, but...visitors don't show up to welcome my new sims in town anymore. :( The game hasn't done that in a year or so! Because of mods maybe?...
    It rarely happens in my games too. I had neighbors show up in Lunar Lakes not too long ago. Maybe only the earlier-made worlds trigger this? It also might be a bit glitchy at this point because this time the game sent over sims from the cemetery!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @layawayday -I would just allow things as autonomous for a funny story and turn that off later.I hope that's all you did for that update because it would make it a funny story.
    @Breazona -Hi there!Great pictures!I've set my graphic about as low as yours because I'm more interested in the game running smoothly.
    @lanlyn -Great updates!They changed jobs because I told them to switch to ones with a better schedule.
    @thuggishsplicer -That's great news.
    @jensimsgirl -Hi there!Great picture!
    @Lady Llewellyn -Great picture!
    @Sincerbox -Great update!
    @TiffyVogue -Hi there!I've had them get ice cream a few times.
    I've got an update from my Mod-free play coming up.I've just installed Ambitions and it seems to be working so far.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's a sample of my play after installing Ambitions.
    Here's a shot of Twinbrook.
    22032139662_41ed70a5d6_z.jpg
    I went into a lot and added a door to the house for a second entry point.
    21856644378_0fc70d5199_z.jpg
    Here's a view of the lot and surrounding area.
    22054461541_e61dc260b3_z.jpg
    Here's the house after finishing the intial editing.
    21857631039_2a0bd62dbf_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    @TadOlson no i had it on atonamous but have since turned it off
    Meanwhile, back in Roaring Heights, during the time Elliot was working with Clyde: Elliot finds time to care for his little son Merit.
    ElliotMerit.jpg

Merit receives a gift from some distant aunt, but Sono is instructed to keep it tucked away. As cute as this cuddly toy looks, we know what it grows into. No thanks, not for this household.
    IF.jpg

Sono spends a lot of time at the Beach Bazaar, learning to create more chips for himself. He's also been keeping an eye out for a certain Potent Cure Elixir.
    MakingChips.jpg

Anabel has a summer time trick-or-treater. I think he enjoyed the candy she gave him.
    SummerTreats%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Elliot texts a last message to Clyde while Anabel imagines pirate adventures. She seems to be getting restless again.
    Adventurous.jpg

After the Super Weapon raid, Elliot comes home dehydrated from fighting fires. He's finding it difficult to work in the city and keep his merman health. Elliot's gotten himself into a desperate condition today.
    LoseMerman%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

Anabel knows what to do, but is still concerned about Elliot. He can't keep this up!
    LoseMerman%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Sono's on top of things though. Just the day before, he'd found the elixir he'd been wanting.
    LoseMerman%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

"Thanks, Sono. You're a good man, uh, bot."
    "Not to worry, Boss. I've got your back."
    LoseMerman%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

"I'm sorry I didn't make such a great merman for you."
    "Oh, Elliot! I love you just for yourself." And at this point, Elliot and Anabel get the Eternally Faithful reputation.
    LoseMerman%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

The next day, Anabel finishes her novel "Thief Wave," which becomes another bestseller. She then begins her next suspense mystery "The Spy Who Ate Kelp."
    SpyAteKelp.jpg

Later, baby Merit gets to go to the park next door.
    ParkVisit%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

"Please, Mrs N, don't blow kisses at me! Someone else might not understand your innocent ways."
    ParkVisit%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

Ahem, Elliot? Drop the cotton candy and go adventuring with Anabel before she heads for the open sea herself!
    ParkVisit%252520%2525286%252529.jpg
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @lanlyn I'm going to have to start making some of these lots myself and saving them into the library. My problem is that I'm not that great at building and get impatient. I uninstalled Showtime because I had issues making the careers work properly, they rely on simport later on and I was soooo sick of those lots being placed despite me telling the game not to place them. They take up all of the good available lots yet they don't place things like the Actors Workplace, which would be nice to have in each town. I have some holiday time coming up and I think I'll be dedicating a chunk of this, when I'm not playing Sims to designing buildings and houses to replace some of the multiple 1 bedrooms they flood the town with, as well as the 'bars' with those family fun time bars that end up just having a sim bottleneck behind them. Professional bars are necessary!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Sincerbox , those holiday pictures are so lovely!

@lanlyn , I really enjoyed both your Noir-style story in Roaring Heights and Bonnie and Clyde's mysterious encounter in Riverview!

@TadOlson , I'm curious to see what you will do in Twinbrook! I haven't played in it yet, but I love the swampy, gloomy atmosphere of the town.

@s1mszzang , very handsome Sims!

@Breazona , I love the proposal picture!

@Lady Llewellyn , she is very cute!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Great updates everyone. I've gone back several pages but only commenting on the last 2.
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    The Winter Holiday is coming soon. Bella is pregnant with Alexander and taking a nap by the warm winter fire.
    A very cozy picture. Love the holiday decor.

s1mszzang wrote: »
    rczFx2v.jpg
    VeqC031.jpg
    He's very handsome and she's not bad looking either. Love the scenery in the background of the hot tub picture. What world are you playing in?

@lanlyn All your updates have great pictures and stories. I especially like the one with Bonnie and Clyde in Riverview. Neurotic is a fun trait to play with. I get visitors to welcome my sims to the neighborhood sometimes, but not always. Not sure what triggers that. But I've never had ghost visitors. Maybe that's a function of the manner lot itself.

@Breazona Sydney is unlucky. The game does tend to have sims die at parties most of the time. I've gotten into the habit of having my host/hostess ask any uninvited elders to leave the party before they get a chance to die. That's cut down on the number of deaths at my parties. Of course that wouldn't have helped in your current game.

• thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Hey guys, I often have neighbors visiting my house. Do you stay at home at the very first day or do you leave home as soon as possible?
    I noticed that if you spend the first day at home you tend to attract those neighbors.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    @Lady Llewellyn She is beautiful.
    jensimgirl wrote: »
    mark also froze solid so kirra had to unfreeze him lol

lol
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    Screenshot-34_1.jpg
    That is an interesting rug. Love texture on it. Did it come with a particular venue or set?

TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's a view of the lot and surrounding area.
    22054461541_e61dc260b3_z.jpg
    I like the picture. Hope you enjoy playing in Twinbrook.

Most towns that come with EA expansions have some lots that give a positive moodlet for a good view. Since I don't cheat at keeping my sims happy I like to move my sims to one of these lots that give them a boost to their mood meter whenever possible. For the longest time I didn't think Twinbrook had one of these lots. They are usually near the beach or up on a hill or cliff and often in the ritzier sections of town. But Twinbrook has 1 such lot and it gives a +50 moodlet (the highest in any EA town) and it is a blank lot in the swamp near your home lot.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Finally, it's my day off and I decided to pick some old characters to play in Moonlight Falls (I finally learned how to write it).

Screenshot-10_zpsyfkp3eno.jpg

This is Jeremy Marsh. Jeremy is the son of Zelda Mae with my favorite character Kyle Marsh. I played with Kyle in April/May, 2015. He used to be a hearbreaker. Once he fullfilled his wish, he married Zelda and they had Jeremy (Actually, he's my first Tristan, but I changed his name because of my current story). I stopped playing with them because, at that time, I though he was too ugly. Then I started a new game with him and I managed to play all his life (I felt bad to reject him just because he doesn't look handsome to me). Since I didn't find that save (with Camille Martinez - I miss that neurotic cook), I decided to continue from the original game - in this case, they left Sunset Valley because of Jeremy's career.

As you can see, I changed his looks a little because he's in the Military career. He wants to be an Astronaut.

Screenshot-7_zpsnaefkqei.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsdvygw4l6.jpg

This is Kyle, but you can call him "Robert Buckhart" (Yeah, the mummy father) or Jake Eberhart or Shane Eberhart... etc I really think he's a hunk, but as you can see, he's an elder now. Kyle isn't married with Zelda anymore. Once they moved to a better house in the original game, Zelda dumped him to marry Malcolm Landgraab.

Screenshot-2_zpsdxcgibjz.jpg

I'm pretending that Zelda is actually "Mom Landgraab". I saw the family tree and Malcolm had a wife before Hannelore. Anyway, while Malcolm was moving to Moonlight Bay, Zelda decided to use the part of his fortune that she'd got and bought a fancy house in Moonlight Falls.

Screenshot-222_zpspo4qif9o.jpg

That's why I gave her this makeover.

Kyle isn't single. As he likes both men and women, he married a guy named Bruce. I forgot to take pictures of him. Bruce is another funny character. Now, I'm pretending he's Fiona McIrish brother, but, to be honest, I copied River's son in that game. LOL
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey guys, I often have neighbors visiting my house. Do you stay at home at the very first day or do you leave home as soon as possible?
    I noticed that if you spend the first day at home you tend to attract those neighbors.

Yup, my sims would stick around for the day. I guess my game is just glitchy.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top