Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Colored Hair

SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
Have you ever colored your hair? If so, what colors have you colored it? Right now, my hair is colored auburn. It is naturally light brown. I've also colored it bright red, mahogany, reddish purple, and blonde before. If you've never colored your hair, would you consider coloring it?
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• MaffooBellamyMaffooBellamy Posts: 71 New Member
    i've gotten mine dyed so much, uhm, i remember it being pink, purple, blonde, black, and recently (i mean it was like last year) i got my hair dyed a really deep red, but that kinda faded. i've been thinking of maybe dying it white (or a reaaalllly light blonde) or black again.
  • TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I had both streaks of red and purple in my hair. I'm getting the purple back soon, since it faded away.
    gay is ok kids
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I have been colouring my hair since I was fourteen. It's black and has been since that age. I have light brown hair naturally and I've hated that colour for myself for as long as I remember. Lol. I love having black hair.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I'm dying my hair blue as soon as High School ends! Can't wait- only one year left, and I've always wanted blue hair; me and all of my friends agreed that it'll really suit me!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I have really dark brown hair (like avatar but knee-length). In the past its been dyed black, mahogany and natural with various coloured streaks at different times (scarlet, orange, magenta and purple, in that order).

I don't think I'll dye it again because applying those colours means I have to bleach it (or the streaks anyway) to get a good result. I noticed how dry that made my hair and didn't like it. It's grown out now apart from a bit near the end.

I actually have quite a few silver hairs now but that doesn't bother me.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2015
    I dyed mine several years ago, some shade of brown with what was supposed to be a hint of red, but it came out with a lot of both. It looked pretty good, but I prefer my natural colour which is light-dark golden blonde (darkness depends on the time of year and how much sun I get).

I've always wanted to do a purple though, or some shade of red (not like a natural red hair colour though). But I don't think they'd look good on me, I think my hair is too poofy and would make them too overwhelming or I'd have to straighten it and use lots of product to tame it which I don't like to do often. Also my skin is pale and reflects bright colours, so they don't so me any favours there either, I'd have a red or purple face to go with the hair. :s But I heard of/saw a colour I like, it think it was rose gold, I think I might try that eventually, I think it would look nice.
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    I'm a redhead, so dyeing my hair wouldn't be good idea. Being a one is almost like a curse, lol.
    Also, my skin is really sensitive, the dye would affect in unwanted ways. :/
    I'd like to have some basic light brown colour.

Till I was about 6 years old my hair was orange like a carrot, lol.
    I'm glad it's not like that anymore, now it's much more darker. I don't think you could tell from the first sight I'm a redhead. Though that depends of lightning and season.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I normally have brown hair though the past summer made a horrible mess of my haircolor by bleaching it lighter to golden brown with help from our water supply being overloaded with too much chlorine.I've had to use a treatment to darken it again.I hope that's all over with for the season though with fall bringing cooler weather.I'd be dying my hair black if this is still an issue because I hate my hair being too light.It used to be blond when I was little and I hated blond hair because it made getting a haircut harder and I got more bad cuts from the light hair.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    We can't dye our hair at my school but as soon as I get into sixth form I'm dip dying my ends lilac.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • bastilleaimeebastilleaimee Posts: 60 Member
    I lightened my hair and it's gone into this weird dip-dye/ombre. I really like Halsey's old blue hair, especially when it was short. But she's the kind of person who looks good with any colour to be honest :D
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've tried dyeing my hair only once, a long time ago. The colour was red. Just the kind of red that a natural redhead might have. It looked pretty good on me, because I have very pale skin and greenish eyes and I get freckles. But I like my natural blond hair better :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• JennaBeeJennaBee Posts: 21 New Member
    My parents would be really mad if I colored my hair :-(
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I've only dyed my hair once in my lifetime. I dyed it red, mainly because a character in a video game I liked had red hair.

Since then, I've thought about dying my hair again sometimes. I don't do it though, because I'm worried it would cost too much to have it done professionally, and it might be too complicated to do it myself.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I'm dying my hair blue as soon as High School ends! Can't wait- only one year left, and I've always wanted blue hair; me and all of my friends agreed that it'll really suit me!

I really want blue hair but my mom would freak out if I dyed it blue. She only said natural looking colors.
  • Harley058832Harley058832 Posts: 48 Member
    I have dyed my hair blonde, which wasn't easy since my hair is almost black.I did this for my ex (i know, how stupid was I?!) and regretted it ever since. It almost destroyed my hair. Haven't had the nerve to do it again for a long time. I am actually going to be dyeing my hair a reddish mahogany tonight. I always wanted to try that color. Wish me luck everyone. :smiley:
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I have dyed my hair blonde, which wasn't easy since my hair is almost black.I did this for my ex (i know, how stupid was I?!) and regretted it ever since. It almost destroyed my hair. Haven't had the nerve to do it again for a long time. I am actually going to be dyeing my hair a reddish mahogany tonight. I always wanted to try that color. Wish me luck everyone. :smiley:

I've dyed my hair blonde before. It didn't look good on me because I have pale skin with a pinkish tint to it. I look better as a redhead since it goes good with my skin tone. I naturally have light brown/dirty blonde hair.
  • lialia54lialia54 Posts: 127 Member
    I've never dyed my hair. It used to be dark brown but now it's naturally faded to light brown with blonde tips.
  • Kat In A BoxKat In A Box Posts: 91 Member
    I dyed mine red, light brown, dark brown, black and black with streaks of purple.
    "Better to dye your hair when you still have it"
    it__s_a_cat_in_a_box_by_equinejumper2-d5375js.jpg
    Cats are cute! =^.^=
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member

I have blue on the bottom right now. Blue fades really quickly, but I'm using Joico Blues now and they last really well.
    Way better than manic panic and similar brands.

Blue is so fun, you're gonna love it.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've never dyed my hair, but I'm constantly stressed out so I've got several gray hairs. That's as much as highlights for me ;)
    Jokes aside, my hair is black. I always wanted to dye a part of it green or orange, but I was in NJROTC in high school so it just never happened. Had to have it a natural hair color if I was going to dye it (so green and orange is not applicable in that case. I had thoughts about red, but I wasn't fond of it since it'd had to be my whole head :().
    Now that I've been out of high school, you'd think I'd have time to but I don't. I have less. :# Ah, one day I'll get around to it.
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Cement
    It is a lot of upkeep. But it's really fun.
    Green is really hard to get rid of. So I wouldn't suggest that one, but every other colour imaginable is awesome.

If your hair is black, it can probably handle bleach really well... Especially if your individual strands are thick.

And you never have to do your whole head. Right now I do have highlights all over but only the bottom half is blue.

C'mon, come over to the dark side... Dye ittttttt!!!
  • elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've never dyed my hair, but my friend in school found a picture of me and Photoshopped my hair to blue, my skin to red and yellow and my uniform to pink and dark blue. Lmao! >:):mrgreen:
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Cement
    It is a lot of upkeep. But it's really fun.
    Green is really hard to get rid of. So I wouldn't suggest that one, but every other colour imaginable is awesome.

If your hair is black, it can probably handle bleach really well... Especially if your individual strands are thick.

And you never have to do your whole head. Right now I do have highlights all over but only the bottom half is blue.

C'mon, come over to the dark side... Dye ittttttt!!!
    Aw, is it? I don't mind just shaving my head though, if need be. My hair grows pretty fast LOL. Yeah, I have thick hair, which was why I felt more inclined to dye it with friends' coercion included.

Ahh peer pressure!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've been colouring mine since I was 16, with the exception of about a year midway in there. It's been many shades of red, a few shades of brown, blond for a few weeks (that didn't work out), and black. It's currently blue-black with the sections of white that want to grow in on their own :)

Once a friend and I dyed another friend's hair in a leopard-print pattern. I don't recommend that if you don't have a lot of free time.

Oh! And @SimGuruDrake's purple is really pretty :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AHeinAHein Posts: 46 Member
    My hair is naturally light brown with a twist of red ish... I really want to dye it purple!

tumblr_mww92shs3D1s6o0byo1_400.gif