Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher Issue

I usually bypass the launcher to start my game, but I need the launcher now to install custom content, specifically some houses and I keep getting a script error. Something about Sponsorpay. Does anyone know of an issue with the launcher and how to fix it? My game is up to date and my launcher says it's version 1.67 and some numbers after that.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Hey :) just closing out script error before trying to install content should work. Most times script errors are on EAs side so nothing to do but wait for their fix. You can try cleaning out cache to see if you just have old files conflicting with an update.

I think sponsor pay is related to sims points but I could be guessing wrong.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Thanks @ceejay402 , I'll try that. I did just say 'Yes' and 'No' but it still wouldn't work. I'll dump my cache files and see if that works.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Don't say yes or no, if you can just hit the "X" to close the window. The error is an EA server side script that is trying to populate your Launcher with the Item of the Day, What's on Sale, etc. and failing hard though it should have nothing to do with the rest of the Launcher's opearation -- but yeah, there's probably an ad for sponsor points link lurking around in there as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I ticked 'No' and it worked. For some reason x-ing out of the window didn't make it function. That said, there's likely an issue with one of the downloads. I was able to get one of them installed, but the second one refused. Thanks for your help!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]