Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/26 #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hm I figured that 7 community lots for a 15 lot neighbourhood is a bit too much. Also having a bar, a nightclub AND a louge seems superfluous to me. I'll probably cut the challenge short by one or two generations or delete some lots afterwards ^^ But I'm so loving this!

Unfortunately my gen people had only one child and he has the mean and loner traits xD what a bummer. I'll have to find a good woman for him.

@Julyvee94 A mean loner that wants a big happy family? He sounds pretty conflicted LOL

About all the lots, I'm thinking I won't do the mansions and the only one will be my family's, but I keep changing my mind all the time...
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @ThePlumbob Yeah he also has this family trait. Kinda weird. And he wants to be fabulously wealthy. But I think I found the right woman for him she is materialistic but still cheerful and outgoing.
    @Julyvee94 Looks like opposites do attract! Let me know how he copes with having a full house of children, he'll probably have like a dedicated daddy room where he can be alone and no kids are allowed haha
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    LOL! A mean loner who wants a big family. Too funny @Julyvee94
    I had a kid in another challenge that got the random big happy family aspiration and the hates children trait HAHAHAHAAA
    LOL! A mean loner who wants a big family. Too funny @Julyvee94
    I had a kid in another challenge that got the random big happy family aspiration and the hates children trait HAHAHAHAAA

Talk about inner turmoil haha
    Right? LOL!
    If she'd had the insane trait it would have been perfect!!
  • BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    Love the idea behind this challenge! I'm definitely going to try this out. I've never done a story blog before, but I might try that for this challenge. I'm very much enjoying reading everyone's blogs and watching the LP's to see how each person approaches the challenge. :)
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
  • PwhiskersPwhiskers Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2015
    I started this challenge a few days ago and it's going well :smile: I've completed the gen 1 aspiration and just waiting to evolve my plants. Almost complicated things by burning to death my one and only heir but luckily discovered for the first time the option to 'extinguish self' in the shower (always make spares!)
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    Looks fun. I'm doing a DITFTacy right now but I will try this out too.
    I've finally gotten to the generation that will be building my gym (well, I'm one promotion away from moving on to that from the library task, but I'm impatient! :D). I've been working on the family home that's eventually going to become my gym/spa now and I'm really liking how it's coming along:

ZqZP1H.png

(I'm building it as the family home for now, hence the telescope - obviously I'll get rid of that once I convert it into a gym! :))
    Man everyone's so far ahead in this one. Lol. I'm only on gen two. Took me awhile to build everything (plus I was building a lot for another LP so it took longer).
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    I was just looking for something unique to do with my Seven Pollination alien sim . . . and I think this is PERFECT. I'm excited to give it a try, thanks so much for posting this! <3
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I have to say, this is my most favourite challenge so far. I've just started the second generation. I used to download all lots from a gallery and this challenge made me build my own stuff. And I'm loving it! I built my first park ever and it didn't turn out as bad as I expected.

4_10_2015_8_12_35.jpg

In case you're interested, here's the link to download.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited October 2015
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I have to say, this is my most favourite challenge so far. I've just started the second generation. I used to download all lots from a gallery and this challenge made me build my own stuff. And I'm loving it! I built my first park ever and it didn't turn out as bad as I expected.

4_10_2015_8_12_35.jpg

In case you're interested, here's the link to download.

@Maladi777 Agreed, I never used to build my own houses, let alone community lots before doing this challenge! I think it really prompts people to make the most out of everything the game has to offer!

I've just built the gym and have recently started on generation 5, can't believe I'm already half way through! Fingers crossed for this to be the first time I've finished a legacy in any of the sims games :)
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
    Welp, it's official. I started. You can click the image/link in my siggy if you're interested in checking out Seven Pollination's trials and tribulations in the BuildNewcrest Challenge. :D
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @Lynnwood This looks entertaining. I think I might follow your legacy. I've never played an alien legacy, though I always wanted to.
    I like the idea of you as Mission Control. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Maladi777 - Thanks for checking it out, and thanks for commenting to tell me so! I hope you continue to enjoy Seven's crazies. :) Calling myself Mission Control instead of the usual Watcher was a random stroke of cleverness, I quite like the dynamic it's made myself, lol.
    @Lynnwood Ooh, I'm always eager to see more variations of this challenge, especially if it involves alines (I never get aliens in my game grr). I'll make sure to check out your new story soon :)
    @ThePlumbob - Woot! Thanks, I hope you enjoy! :)
    @Lynnwood Do you have a thread for the new story? I wanted to commment but I didn't want to make a blogspot account, because lazy trait :D
    @ThePlumbob - LOL I sure do, you can find it here.
    Just FYI, I updated today with Chapter 2! :) Be sure to check it out if the mood strikes you.
  • PwhiskersPwhiskers Posts: 43 Member
    Cool start @Lynnwood :smile: I like your unique spin on the challenge.

I've just read @ThePlumbob 's most recent chapter on your blog and I'm absolutely amazed how unique your family's houses are and how they are truly influenced by their individual characters and interests.

I'm just trying to complete generation 3 currently who is living in the future library. I spent the morning doing my family's family tree before all the information on previous generations gets lost to culling. Anyone got a good way of doing this and keeping track of their legacy progress?
    @Pwhiskers - Thanks! As for keeping track of the family tree, I like to use a website called Family Echo. Very easy website to use, and it really comes in handy when you start getting into later generations and start to forget who's who. :smiley:
    @Pwhiskers Thank you! I think it's fun to have the builds reflect the sims that had them made. For example, I really wanted an old-timey library with a sort of victorian vibe, but my writer was actually this technically progressive geek, so I ended up making a really modern colourful library with a section for gaming and comic books :)

I think a lot of people use Family Echo. I just use photoshop. My BF is writing an app for me to keep track of traits an aspirations within the family tree, but no idea when he finishes with that since it's obviously not his main priority.