Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

In a response to the question will pets be objects, @SimGuruDaniel replied "No."

Does this clear response mean they've started working on non-object pets?

Or, perhaps that we're not getting pets at all, so of course they're not objects?

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I told everyone that pets will never be an object. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I told everyone that pets will never be an object. o:)

but they can be costumes :p
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Pets won't be objects, but does that mean they will still be fleshed out or will they be attached to a kennel as feared?

Wouldn't being attached to a kennel make them objects?
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2015
    I guess my only question would be is do the devs consider babies objects? If so, then this is good news. If not, then it means nothing.

Edit: Okay, reading the tweet itself, they won't be like babies if they're included. That is good news.
    GreenXen wrote: »
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they did.

They say they are:

My dear this is before even the game got released. Look at the date of the tweet :D
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they did.

They say they are:

Lyndsay spoke for herself and not the team, and LP left not too long ago.
    2750512.gif~c200

They say they are:

My dear this is before even the game got released. Look at the date of the tweet :D

I know it's old. We may not have known what the game was at that point, but they did.

I remember that tweet when it came out and it struck me as defensive and kind of a sad statement to feel the need to make.
    edited October 2015
    PandaORose wrote: »

They say they are:

Lyndsay Pearson left Sims?

Edit: No, when a top-level person talks from their 'SimGuru' account they know what they say is for the team and reflects on the company.

They say they are:

Oh really? Did she? because she was there for GT interview.
    giphy.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

They say they are:

Edit: No, when a top-level person talks from their 'SimGuru' account they know what they say is for the team and reflects on the company.

That tweet was from 2014, but Lyndsay Pearson hasn't left. Perhaps @PandaORose you're thinking of Lucy Bradshaw?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited October 2015

They say they are:

That tweet was from 2014, but Lyndsay Pearson hasn't left. Perhaps @PandaORose you're thinking of Lucy Bradshaw?

Haha! Oh yea, they all blend together for me. I even get Grant and Graham mixed up. My bad!

The 'simguru' part does not help at all. It makes things even more confusing. A dev has to tell you what they are working on or a player has to do some research to find out what exactly what they do for this game. And I felt so embarrassed when SimGuruDrake got chewed out that one time, even though she has said multiple times that she does not work on the game. Someone else touched on the guru title situation.

But eh. Pets being in game might not be as good and fully fleshed out as pets in TS1, 2, or 3. They might 'take a new spin on things' with this game.
    2750512.gif~c200

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

They say they are:

Haha! Oh yea, they all blend together for me. I even get Grant and Graham mixed up. My bad!

Someone should find out what a half-Grant half-Graham looks like in-game :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I would take this as confirmation that Pets is in some kind of development. It may just be that they're still putting concepts together but the very fact that they've answered a question pertaining to a feature not currently in the game with a clear answer about the feature (which to note is not an answer denying the feature) in my opinions confirms that Pets are on the table.
    tFU6JMe.png
    From the gurus I think Grant and Ryan left. Not sure if anybody else left but two well known gurus in one year is a big loss
    giphy.gif

They say they are:

Someone should find out what a half-Grant half-Graham looks like in-game :)

...I don't wanna know :s
    2750512.gif~c200

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    For me they can say anything, but simple facts that will still stay with me is they have said a lot of things to do with the game that turned out just not true. I do not trust this company or anything they say. Toddlers in the beginning and their words on them? You rule? Sound foundation? Just to name two. I have not bought the last two SPs and will not buy GT.. I watch and really don't take their words on anything.. been burned with this 4 game. They will have to prove to me they are listening and pets won't be objects..

Proof as in showing in game for their words go in one ear and out the other for me. And this is a solid because of their past words. Pets tied to a kennel (Like Sims 2 apartment pets).. are objects..