Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor kid can't get over his mom remarrying

thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
So I've been playing a family for the past few months. (I have updates up on Sims General Discussion)
Anyway, his dad left his mom at the alter while he was a baby, so he never even really knew his dad.
But every time he sees her with her new wife, he gets extremely upset and won't stop crying. (His sister does it too but she's rarely around to see) I have no idea how to fix this. He has no relationship with his dad, and his mom is in the negatives with him. Anyone know how to fix this or am I stuck with a crying child every time he sees them holding hands? :p

Comments

• Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    So I've been playing a family for the past few months. (I have updates up on Sims General Discussion)
    Anyway, his dad left his mom at the alter while he was a baby, so he never even really knew his dad.
    But every time he sees her with her new wife, he gets extremely upset and won't stop crying. (His sister does it too but she's rarely around to see) I have no idea how to fix this. He has no relationship with his dad, and his mom is in the negatives with him. Anyone know how to fix this or am I stuck with a crying child every time he sees them holding hands? :p

Get his relationship up with the new wife and he should stop. TS2 kids hang on to those emotions forever unless you can bring them together as a family :D
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

This is Sims 2? :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Because this is about Sims 2. :p The updates are in general discussion because I started it before they separated memory lane.

(Unless you're talking about something else in which case I feel pretty plum, lol)
  • Options

Because this is about Sims 2. :p The updates are in general discussion because I started it before they separated memory lane.

(Unless you're talking about something else in which case I feel pretty plum, lol)

I've never had my sims divorce, so I had no clue this happened in TS2 :flushed: That's pretty amazing that a kid doesn't like whom his mum married and reacts to it. Now I have got to try this out.

Even after all these years, this game never fails to surprise me. Thank you for posting this. I don't think I would have ever discovered that (I'm a benevolent god *lol*)
  • Options

I've never had my sims divorce, so I had no clue this happened in TS2 :flushed: That's pretty amazing that a kid doesn't like whom his mum married and reacts to it. Now I have got to try this out.

Even after all these years, this game never fails to surprise me. Thank you for posting this. I don't think I would have ever discovered that (I'm a benevolent god *lol*)

Yeah! I really love how the emotions work in TS2, probably the best in the series. Glad I could help, haha.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I believe they NEVER get over it... Never. :(
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    They hold on to it for ages! My sim hated his mum after she remarried. So much so he laughed at her urn when she died!
  • Options
    mmmcheezy225mmmcheezy225 Posts: 631 Member
    I made a single sim and his daughter in CAS and when he got married to another sim, his daughter not like her new stepmother. She didn't hate her or anything like that, but they often argued whenever I directed them to chat. Then the dad cheated on his wife, and his firstborn (CAS) daughter didn't care that he cheated, even though all of his in-game (born to his wife) children wept constantly over it. Now the stepmother is refusing to divorce her husband so that her children can inherit their father's farm when he kicks the bucket, or so she thinks. >:)

*ahem* Back on topic, sim kids don't forgive and they don't forget. The best you can do is either improve his relationship with his dad and his stepmom, or just keep the kid far far away from them. XD
  • Options
    I love TS2 smart sims :heart: