Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets EP: “What is needed for a very good Pets Expansion?” (Pics)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @OP you never commented on my earlier post about for dog walking (for smaller dogs) them wearing a harness instead of leashes being attached to the collar
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I would like a dog harness. I don't like it that leashes are connected to the collar. And maybe some doggy coats? Oh Agility for dogs as well. I highly doubt this could happen but I would like an option for families to be able to be 'Puppy families" which would do the basic training of service dogs. After the dog is trained it will age up and be taken to an off-screen disabled person.

Sorry, @MadameLee, no, I didn't comment on every reply. The collars don't bother me, but harnesses would be fine. Doggie coats would be very cute.

Training service dogs that go off-screen or even to another imaginary household is kind of neat career idea.

• Options
    No more ideas for pets?
  • Options
    Updated the Farm Life link since the old thread was deleted.
  • Options
    WooftheWolfieWooftheWolfie Posts: 388 Member
    edited July 2015
    I was posting this at another thread so I'll just post my ideas here. Some of them might be similar to others.

General
    Add in farming! Farming would go great with pets considering that farm life also usually involves animals. Maybe feed cows chocolate and tip them over to get chocolate milkshakes.

Give pets places to hangout! I mean venues, not the silly old parks. Maybe have dogs become stand up comedians or do pet tricks on a big stage!

Maybe have cats be ghost hunters. This is an idea that came from the XBOX 360 version of Sims 3 Pets and it was pretty fun. Also, when they've caught enough ghosts or spirits maybe the cats can get the ability to teleport. That'd be fun.

Careers.
    I would love the veterinarian and breeding jobs. That would be a ton of fun! It would give people more incentive to get more animals. I just don't want something like more deaths for pets to make it harder. Also, don't make the veterinarian job like the World Renowned Surgeon job from Ambitions. I don't like having to take care of Sims or pets outside of working hours. It makes me worry when people start dropping like flies around me. No fun at all.

Anyways, maybe you should make the veterinarian job like the one from the Sims 2 or 3: Pets for the DS. That game was a ton of fun and I loved how you whistled certain ways to train pets. Maybe expand more on training pets to make having them more fun. One thing I never liked about pets was that once their skill level for hunting, racing, or jumping was maxed out there was nothing to do with them. Maybe, like in the Sims 3: Pets for XBOX 360 you can give Pets part-time jobs! One job I'd love to see is a pet working at a hospital to befriend the sick and injured. I loved having that job and maybe you can put a little bonus on it. Like, when a pet maxes out that job performance bar and has promoted all the way through it can give Sims a certain interaction like "cuddle" or something. That would be great.

Another career that'd I like is modeling. I think that all pets are cute and special in their own way but some are just great. I've seen this as a side job for some Ubisoft game about cats. I think that getting new clothes for pets would be fun and then you'd have to clothe them for the modeling career. That'd be a ton of fun.

Add a part-time job for Sims where they get to work at a pet shop or something.

Interactions.
    One thing I'd also like to see is more attention to pets interactions with other pets. Whenever I have two pets and I have them interact with each other it's no fun. Make something more than just the usual little bits. Gossiping would be fun. I'd love to hear some dogs talking about the best tree to pee on.

Maybe give pets the ability to do tricks for Sims. That way, they can feed themselves without ever having to go near a food bowl. That would also be good if you're trying to only play as a pet or if all your Sims in the household are busy.

Also some more smaller stuff like, a cat bats at a ball and it rolls over to a horse. The horse kicks it and it rolls over to a dog. The dog picks it up and gives it to the cat. Rinse and repeat.

Skills.
    We all know that pets need more love and a bigger push to keeping them, so why not new skills that make them more Sim-like? I've always loved raising skills in the Sims games so it'd be more fun if pets had more skills. After all, pets become boring after they've maxed out their skills.

What about pets training other pets? Like, one pet is the mentor pet who has seen it all and has maxed out their skills. Once they've maxed out their skills, they can teach other pets so that when teaching their skill level increases faster. That'd be really awesome to see and it would push people more to have two pets interact.

The Charisma skill for Pets would be a great addition. It's a bigger push for more pet interaction. The more you raise your skill level the more interactions you get to use. Also, if you get your skill high enough you can convince a random sim to go into your house and fill up your food bowl. That'd be helpful for playthroughs where you only play as pets.

Maybe add in a trait all about being more Sim-like. The more you raise the skill, the more normal Sim interactions you get. That way, you can play as a pet alone without ever having to switch to a sim. Maybe even be able to pay bills! Then, you can start a challenge where you only play as a pet for as long as you can possibly go.

For dogs maybe add an athletic skill for them. Like, they get to work out on a treadmill or something. If they get their skill high enough they can get a part-time or full time job as a herder and can run faster.

Add in a hidden skill for dog's howling. Like, the more they howl the better they get at it and can even perform a little show with a Sim who is playing the violin or guitar.

The Sims 3: Pets for 3DS had a lot of cool skills for the pets that made them fun to play. I don't really remember the skills but I hope you add in some of them too.

Mysteries.
    What do I mean by this? Well, what I mean is that you can sign up at City Hall as a mysteryologist (like in Sims 3: Pets for the XBOX 360) and solve mysteries around town? You can have a dog sniff for clues and a cat sneak into houses to find evidence. Sims 3: Pets for the XBOX 360 did this wonderfully and I'd love to see it return. It also gives more focus on pets, which is always a plus. Be sure to add in rewards for the whole thing instead of the just regular old simoleons. Like, one of the mysteries for the XBOX 360 version had you get a special bed and a pet bowl that never went empty. I'd love to have various ways to get those special items, rather than just the old way of Lifetime Rewards.

Another thing about mysteries is the mysteries themselves. Maybe you have to find the most comfortable spot to sleep on. Maybe you want to rule the world. Maybe you want to find the best way to please your Sim. Maybe you want to find out where a butterfly went to. Think of regular stuff like that. Nothing CSI-like unless it's a really good idea.

As you can see some of my ideas might've already been said. Still, I think that if more people say the same thing then it'll get noticed more.
  • Options
    @WooftheWolifie, I like your ideas of dogs using the treadmill and howling along with bad musicians. I think a stray dog that heckled bad musicians playing public venues might be kind of a fun NPC.
  • Options
    -rosieposyjones1-rosieposyjones1 Posts: 4 New Member
    EA would be silly to leave out horses, as so many more people bought the EP because of them! So maybe a few more features such as a dragging size slider, children having the ability to ride? \ I would like minor pets to have more interactions, and have things like Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. A single tiled bird stand, like in The Sims Unleashed wouldn't go amiss either! Also with The Sims Unleashed, when you went to get a pet, they were out on display like in a pet store or a kennel, that was a nice feature!

With the amount of support for farm animals, wouldn't a separate "Farm Life' EP be better? That way simmers have the option of having just regular pets and/or farm animals? With the extra added ability to grow produce on mass?

Some of these ideas are fab! I can't wait for a pets EP to be released!
  • Options
    LadySpectrumLadySpectrum Posts: 27 Member
    Here's something else:
    When a sim needs to wake up, a dog/cat could like their face to wake them up or jump in the bed.

My aunt's cat would jump on the beds then paw at your face before licking it. That would be so cute and I would forever love this game if they added animations like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    With the amount of support for farm animals, wouldn't a separate "Farm Life' EP be better? That way simmers have the option of having just regular pets and/or farm animals? With the extra added ability to grow produce on mass?

Hi, @-rosieposyjones1, welcome to the forums. Yes, there's a separate Farm Life thread that includes horses, which I see you've found. I really hope they do something a little different with animals. The survey from last fall doesn't indicate they will, but I guess there's still time to change their plans.

@LadySpectrum, welcome to the forums to you, too. It would be nice if they had interactions like that, if they can do them.
  • Options
    Beautiful_girl0407Beautiful_girl0407 Posts: 13 New Member
    Omg I love having a pets ep, i think it expands the gameplay massively! I hope they bring out a pets ep soon then.
    I think the classic pets like Dogs, Cats and horses need to be in the game, and things like rabbits and guinea pigs would be so cute, you could have hutches and runs for the gardens! And animal inspired careers would also be amazing as previously said, Pet store owners, breeders, groomers! And to infuse the pets into the GTW Ep would be cool, having police dogs would be so funny!
  • Options
    @Beautiful_girl0407, hi, welcome to the forums. I agree that having EPs that integrate with other EPs like GTW really would be nice and make the game feel more complete.
  • Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    These are some of my suggestions for a Pets EP.

~pets (dogs, horses, ponies, cats, etc.) that are fully customizable like the Sims are (and with height sliders) and not stuck to their stable/cage like babies are stuck to their bassinet
    ~dog/horse shows/competitions/races such as agility/Frisbee/conformation for dogs and racing/showjumping for horses (and the ability to train the animals, and of course, the horse riding skill and some skills for the animals)
    ~pony rides for the children and horseback trail rides for the teens and older
    ~owning a pet store and selling pets
    ~breeding and selling pets as a breeder
    ~a career where you can train other Sims' pets and take them to enter shows/competitions/races
    ~an animal rescue center (taking in strays or unwanted pets and having people adopt them)
  • Options
    xNnyNnyxxNnyNnyx Posts: 4 New Member
    Would love to see a Pets EP. Though I would be happy if animals were as nerfed down as the *current* babies are (not playable/controllable). I never liked controlling the animals and don't think its necessary -- I feel like it would be nicer to just show their mood and needs and having your Sims have to interact with them (play with them, socialize with them, feed/water them). A Veterinarian career (active maybe?) would be a good career addition thats fitting with the EP.
  • Options

I might need this in my game.

b9d995.jpg

• Options
    TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I actually really want the birds to be expanded more. It's probably just me, but I had a child Sim in Sims 3 who has her own bird named Mac, and she always takes care of it and spends all day in her room just playing with it. It's cute!
    gay is ok kids
  • Options
    28atjyq.jpg

I might need them to be able to ride on roombas. :)
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    If you could be a vet that would be awesome.
    Or maybe you could live as a dog or cat as a stray.
    Or live in the wild as a horse/pony.
    That would be cool!
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    xdarkxartistxxdarkxartistx Posts: 55 Member
    I would love more variety when it came to the species of the animals, size as well.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Hedgehogs

YES
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    Personally I would like to see pets be able to have careers again like they did in Sims 2.

It would be a bonus if such a thing could even be tied into the Detective career where a dog could locate clues or help out with catching suspects in some way that would be wonderful. Whenever I had a police officer in Sims 3 I would always give him/her a German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois but it was slightly disappointing that I couldn't send to dog off to work with them.
  • Options
    018luxio018luxio Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love a Farm expansion pack! Making the pets look more realistic and have more interactions would also be a nice touch. I am in love with most if not all of the ideas here!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I would actually really like a pets EP, because I could have cats. I really like cats :)

Not sure I would bother using any of the other ones, maybe rabbits...I kinda like rabbits as well. Dogs scare me a bit. Birds could be fun - hawks and anything from the corvus family. OK, I'd use it quite a bit :)

It would also be really cool to have some stuff like this:

robot-cat.jpeg?w=1200

4580078-Small-Robotic-3d-Kitten-Model-Stock-Photo-robot-cat-cartoon.jpg

SpinMasterZoomer_002.png

And maybe, you could have something close to this:

chevy-volt-dog-deer-hed-2013.jpg

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Those are so cute, @ModerateOsprey.

Too bad Sony abandoned them. People are so attached to their Aibos' they're holding funerals for the ones they can't get parts for anymore: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/18/technology/robotica-sony-aibo-robotic-dog-mortality.html?_r=0

Wouldn't this be a nice tribute?
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    So, I can't post links yet, but @SimGuruDaniel says pets won't be objects. Does that mean we're getting Sim pets or does that mean that we aren't getting pets at all?

Hmmm. . .
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    GreenXen wrote: »
    So, I can't post links yet, but @SimGuruDaniel says pets won't be objects. Does that mean we're getting Sim pets or does that mean that we aren't getting pets at all?

Hmmm. . .

OMG I wanna know where he said that!!

I would love to see bunnies and the ability to breed them and customize them like we have with cats/dogs/horses in the previous installments. Also as great a genetics system for pets as for sims :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2015
    > @Anzi130 said:
    > GreenXen wrote: »
    >
    > So, I can't post links yet, but SimGuruDaniel says pets won't be objects. Does that mean we're getting Sim pets or does that mean that we aren't getting pets at all?
    >
    > Hmmm. . .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OMG I wanna know where he said that!!
    >
    > I would love to see bunnies and the ability to breed them and customize them like we have with cats/dogs/horses in the previous installments. Also as great a genetics system for pets as for sims :)

It's on Twitter. I have to make a couple more posts before I can give links.
    Post edited by greenXen on