Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That Flipped house Challenge- Share your progress

Comments

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited October 2015
    Finally got around to finishing my next flip :)

Flips:Starting Price:Sale Price:Profit/loss

#1: $13,456:$18,792 Profit:$5,336 (Link to pictures)
    #2: $10,509:$20,908 Profit:$10,399 (Link to pictures)

I'm thinking a job may not be worth having and just to paint to make more money. Would having the expensive plants like dragonfruit increase value to the property?

Next house I am using @Charliimai's "Dinky Di Starter V2"

@Jesf8312 have you started the challenge yet? :)
    Post edited by Pebblycat on
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Your doing so great @Pebblycat ! I found that I had to just paint and sell the house with the paintings on the walls. This really increased the value of the house. I think I am finally at the point I can start decorating the interiors of the houses. I just have to get back to it :p
  • Options
    Thanks @BUTTONSGINGER. So does that mean you just try and make loads of money, adjust the shell and then flip? and then go back to the houses eventually? would love to see some pics when you get around to playing it :)
    I seemed to have breezed through the third flip and I felt that I didn't get the chance to do it up much like the other two so I think I will come back to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #3: $11,676:$27,609 Profit:$15,933 (no pics for this one yet as I will come back to it and do some more upgrades to it)

Next house I am using is @Xinqun's "unfurnished Bungalow"

I must say I'm loving this challenge and trying to think up of different looks for each flip is challenging
    Post edited by Pebblycat on
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I just found this thread! I am excited to give it a go ( after the rugby)

Will have a re read of the game play too!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Pebblycat , unfortunately I haven't started until today. My little 1 year old has kept me busy! I finally have been able to get started, so far I've just created my sim and picked my first flip! I'm starting with the Cozy Pink Starter Shell By Kiianu? I think it was... I'll have to double check that.

This is Elliana de Bourgh! She is a creative, snobby art lover who aspires to be a mansion baron.
    10-03-15_3-30-00nbspPM_zpswmkbkmrz.png

This is the house that will hopefully be the first step towards her fabulous dream
    10-03-15_3-28-28nbspPM_zps2zwq2tx4.png

Though it may take me a while, working during nap times and late into the night as that's when my little one gives me a break, I'm excited to give this challenge a try!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Ok I have made a start, I love my River Rok, 21931070191_5f7a16dddd_c.jpg

Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DD6190F56A1611E58F5E57BB143F925F
    I have downloaded, Dinky Starter v2 by charlii-mai
    I started with $20,000 bought a 20x15 lot in Newcrest, placed the home (cost $9,676) the lots value after decorating is $16,576
    Day 1 is a Sunday.

River is a self assured non committal Sim who is a bit of a bookworm, she aspires to be a Writer, having been gifted $20,000 to get her 1st home, shes treated herself to some home comforts, now she needs to work hard to raise some funds to move up the property ladder!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Evening @Jesf8312 Glad you have started your game too tonight, we can motivate each other!
    I have a 5 year old Daughter, so can empathise with you getting your 1 yr old settled so you can play
    Have fun x
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    @Jesf8312 that's ok, little ones can keep us busy :) I'm glad you have been able to start and I look forward to seeing your progress. Love the name you gave your Sim! Definitely suits her traits ;)

@Liziann1 welcome to the challenge! River Rok looks like a pretty cool chick and I wish her luck in her journey ahead :) I'd be interested to find out how you go earning money as a writer, as It would be nice to earn an income a different way other than painting.

• Options
    Yay! I was able to stay up and finish my first flip!

Before:
    10-03-15_3-28-28nbspPM_zps2zwq2tx4.png
    10-03-15_3-28-51nbspPM_zpsqnl3fcj3.png

After:
    10-05-15_9-21-19nbspAM_zpsthhrnhgr.png
    10-05-15_9-39-20nbspAM_zpssoyzvxxi.png
    10-05-15_9-39-49nbspAM_zpsur2qkpgr.png

Starting: $11,859
    Sale: $21,144
    Profit: $9,285

I wish i was able to do more with the decorations, but i wasn't very good at money-managing this one. I think i'll be able to do better with my next flip, which i've decided will be @BUTTONSGINGER 's Unfinished Starter 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Wow you made a great profit on your first flip @Jesf8312! love what you did with the house, such a cute little kitchen. Like your living area too!
    I'll also try to get around to uploading my flip of your house too :)
  • Options
    Thanks! Im not sure why, but my sim is making a killing with her painting. Its only week 2 and she's painting very expensive masterpieces... I actually have more money than I know how to spend on my second flip...
  • Options
    I went wrong, forgot to look at the day and did a 7 day move ie sunday to sunday :( so need to start again
    @Jesf8312 what traits did you give your Sim ? super profit!
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2015
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    I went wrong, forgot to look at the day and did a 7 day move ie sunday to sunday :( so need to start again
    @Liziann1 Good morning :smiley:
    How many flips had you done?
    A friendly tip: I used the Scorecard offered by @Charliimai on the site.
    Setting it up in advance helped me remember when to move as well as tracking profits.
    As for traits, my Sim was a Creative Art Lover. She quickly gained painting skills and often painted autonomously. I kept at least 2 or 3 easels on each lot while she lived there.
    Painting Small paintings generated more profit.
    Why? Because there was a higher chance of multiple high value paintings.

• Options

like @BUTTONSGINGER said, keep paintings on the lot. I gave my Sim the painters job as well so at least she can create and get promoted. If I need money I'll sell the cheapest painting first.
  • Options
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Thanks @BUTTONSGINGER. So does that mean you just try and make loads of money, adjust the shell and then flip? and then go back to the houses eventually? would love to see some pics when you get around to playing it :)
    I seemed to have breezed through the third flip and I felt that I didn't get the chance to do it up much like the other two so I think I will come back to it.

No, I haven't gone back to the houses. I've been using just the 20x15 lots and bulldozing each build as I go back and forth between them. I just now getting enough money to actually decorate the interiors.
  • Options
    Thanks @EuphorialQueen I had done one flip, so I think I will try starting over, and printing out the score card!

@Pebblycat I love your signature!
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    @Jesf8312 Wow! What a great profit on your first house!
  • Options
    Whoops, sorry @EuphorialQueen I meant to quote you instead of BUTTONSGINGER, going a bit batty :p
    Thanks @Liziann1, @Cbear13 did a great job making it :)
    @Jesf8312 Ive re-uploaded your starter for you, here's the link :)

I'm actually up to my 5th flip at the moment but I haven't had the chance to put the stats up. I've been busy updating links to my new thread on the US forums but hopefully I'll get them up soon :)
  • Options

My sim has the creative and art lover traits, she also has the snob trait. She creates more masterpieces than anything else. I also took the advice mentioned by @EuphorialQueen and @pebblycat and bought a tent and cooler for her to live off of and I don't make any changes until the very last minute. I knew certain traits effected certain things, but I had no idea it would be this much of a difference.

I finished my second flip and will post it here shortly
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Okay, here is flip # 2

Unfinished Starter # 2
    by @BUTTONSGINGER

Before:
    10-05-15_9-29-58nbspPM_zpsw2xkamjf.png
    10-05-15_9-29-38nbspPM_zpswnmeuwe6.png

After:
    10-06-15_10-20-42nbspPM_zpsrvvgtnar.png
    10-06-15_10-21-33nbspPM_zpsrx0npviv.png
    10-06-15_10-21-52nbspPM_zpsb8jls3pi.png

I made quite a few structural changes; i expanded the front of the house and replaced a few windows. I'm actually very proud of the exterior of the house, and pretty pleased with the interior too. I want to get better at landscaping though, i seem to have trouble with that aspect of building. I just can't seem to make it look realistic and full enough. I usually stick with the cliche setups: line the walkway to the door, put trees in 2 opposite corners and stick to putting flowers/bushes up against the house. It always looks boring IMO.

Starting: $9,459
    Sale: $30,149
    Profit: $20,690

That profit seems so big! i've checked my math and the rules several times to make sure i was doing this right, lol. After i finished doing all i wanted to do, i had plenty of money to spare, but didn't want to make any more big changes so as to stay true to the spirit of the original house.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Here is an update on my flips :)
    #3: $11,676:$27,609 Profit:$15,933 (no pics for this one yet as I will come back to it and do some more upgrades to it)
    #4:13,819:42,532Profit:$28,713 (Link to pictures)

I'm currently working on Flip #5 using @MryNthny143's? "Flip This House". I couldn't find this build in the directory but it had the #flipper in the description
  • Options
    thegizkythegizky Posts: 84 Member
    I just started this challenge. Normally I don't like to play and I don't like to decorate houses (only build them) BUT playing with the max money in min time gameplay appeals to my logical side, and decorating room one-by-one with break works for me. So far:

flipper 1
    profit = 18,383

flipper 2
    profit = 41062

I have been using my own shells, I made them en-masse. I wasn't thrilled with my first home, not enough money to do much with. My second home can be downloaded (EA ID gizky) hDELETEttp://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4EEC09276FC111E5805CCDD211DE4AFD (delete "DELETE" in the URL I am not a full member yet!)

Fun to see what other people are doing. @Jesf8312 I love the exterior on the after its so cute.
  • Options
    thegizky wrote: »
    I just started this challenge. Normally I don't like to play and I don't like to decorate houses (only build them) BUT playing with the max money in min time gameplay appeals to my logical side, and decorating room one-by-one with break works for me. So far:

flipper 1
    profit = 18,383

flipper 2
    profit = 41062

I have been using my own shells, I made them en-masse. I wasn't thrilled with my first home, not enough money to do much with. My second home can be downloaded (EA ID gizky) http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4EEC09276FC111E5805CCDD211DE4AFD

Fun to see what other people are doing. @Jesf8312 I love the exterior on the after its so cute.

• Options
    Welcome to the challenge @thegizky. You made a great profit on both builds. I love the exterior of your second flip and the colours look great