Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know how or if Windows10 runs Sims2??

ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
Every time it goes to the loading screen it crashes ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ! I'm about to downgrade to Windows 8 this is a bunch of bs
harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg

Comments

• fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Yes I have Sims 2 ultimate collection on origin and Windows 10 and it works fine. I just had to adjust in the files settings the resolution which was 800x600 at first.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Make sure your drivers have been updated.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited September 2015
    You just reminded me that I haven't tried running TS2 ever since I upgraded. I still love the game, but I don't get to play it often these days. :p

Edit: Yes, it still works for me. :)
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    Let me know if it doesn't work. I had to use a few special fixes to get it to work on my W10 PC.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2015
    I believe you have to have the updates included in the ultimate collection for the sims2 to run on win 8.1 or win 10. It works perfectly for me and I have win 10. But you might want to upgrade your drivers. Also I think I used the graphic fixes aswell as mentioned above.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    How do I update drivers
    Ain't nothing working
    I have my original sims2 double deluxe so what I have to buy the ultimate collection just to play my game
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I can work sims 2, 3 and 4 on windows 10, but the original sims does not work and it did work on my windows 7 Ultimate. There is a problem with using the disks for the original sims, so are you using a disk or downloading from origin?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    What's not working? You may also get better responses from the sims 2 section http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion
    What do I gotta do
    Let me know if it doesn't work. I had to use a few special fixes to get it to work on my W10 PC.

The disc I can't get it on Origin

I can work sims 2, 3 and 4 on windows 10, but the original sims does not work and it did work on my windows 7 Ultimate. There is a problem with using the disks for the original sims, so are you using a disk or downloading from origin?

Still stuck guys... Contacting EA now...
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    If you contact EA customer service and have your serial number on your original box with you since they will ask you for it they can put the Ultimate Collection in your Origin account for free and you should be able to play The Sims 2 on your Windows 10 computer. I'm currently playing The Sims 2 on my Windows 10 laptop using the Ultimate Collection. Disc versions of the game don't really work on newer operating systems which is why you should ask for Ultimate Collection on your Origin account. I hope this helps!
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
    Whats the ultimate collection though? I'm just tryna play it off of my Seasons disc. I lost my double deluxe disc..
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    It should work off of seasons since as far as I know seasons was the EP that did the major graphics engine update... you might just need a later expansion, though. As far as I Know "ultimate" runs the same game edition as Masion and Garden stuff.
    I'm contacting them right now.... Wait time is 25 mins.... Online chat...
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    The Ultimate Collection has Securom and Windows 10 isn't compatible with Securom at all. Some people get it to work some people have problems. If you try it and have problems private message me and maybe I can help.
    angrycat.gif
    Thankfully EA was able to help and gave me the Sims 2 ultimate collection for free! Also added it onto my Origin for me.
    The Ultimate Collection has Securom and Windows 10 isn't compatible with Securom at all. Some people get it to work some people have problems. If you try it and have problems private message me and maybe I can help.

That is good but even the Origin Ultimate Collection has Securom. Hope it works out for you!
    angrycat.gif
    I know it's glitchy but hey it plays now :)
    That is good but even the Origin Ultimate Collection has Securom. Hope it works out for you!

I meant to quote u
    Glad you can play now.
    angrycat.gif