March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Genesis Challenge

Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
This challenge has a Bible-theme to it but the nature of the challenge isn't really all that religious so everyone should be able to play it and enjoy it no matter what they believe. :) Please no discussion of religious topics in this thread, it's against the forum's ToS but if you want to post questions about the challenge or share stories from your gameplay, of course that's completely welcomed!

Story
Due to economic decline and poor government funding of social programs, the population of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs has all but disappeared. Everyone has moved away to find greener pastures elsewhere, leaving their old homes nothing but a ghost town. Out of desperation to boost the population and get these towns thriving again, the government has hand-picked two Sims who are willing to participate in a re-population program, tasking them with bringing the population back up through natural procreation while living the best, most fulfilling lives they possibly can. The project's name? Operation BFAM (Be Fruitful And Multiply). The subjects? Adam and Eve.

Objective
Start with two Sims, one male and one female and use them to fill a completely empty world. The challenge ends when every household in the world is occupied by at least one direct descendant of your two original Sims.

Setting Up The Challenge
  • Start a new save file and begin by creating two young adult Sims in CAS. One must be male and the other must be female. These Sims can have any appearance you want and any traits, aspiration, walk style, and voice that you want. Feel free to use as much CC as you want. Custom traits are also fine to use. Your two starting Sims must start out as roommates. For the purpose of this challenge, we'll call them Adam and Eve but you don't actually have to name them Adam and Eve. You can name them whatever you want.
  • Move Adam and Eve into any lot they can afford in any of the home worlds. You can download a house from the Gallery, build one of your own or use one of the default starters, it doesn't matter. They must be able to afford the house with their starting funds, though.
  • Next, go into your options and make sure Lifespans are set to Normal and that Fill Empty Homes is unchecked. If you plan to play households on rotation eventually once Adam and Eve's children start leaving the nest, set Auto-Age (Played Sims) to Only Active Household. If you're a single household type of player, leave it set to On. Do not set Auto-Aging Off for any group.
  • Once this is done, you need to go about emptying your town of all the Sims living in it. Evict all the premade families in all of the home worlds. You can delete them or leave them as townies to become part of the mating pool later on, it's up to you.
  • Now that your worlds are empty and Adam and Eve are settled in, it's time to begin Operation Be Fruitful and Multiply.

The Challenge Rules
  • Adam and Eve's primary purpose is to have children to populate the world with. How many children they have is up to you but keep in mind that the more children Adam and Eve (and their descendants) have, the faster you'll complete the challenge.
  • Adam and Eve don't need to be married to have children together, nor do any of their descendants need to be married to have children with their partners but you can have them get married if you'd like.
  • All Sims in your challenge are free to live their lives however you want when they aren't busy populating the world. They can all have whatever jobs you want and spend their free time doing anything you want, their lives are completely in your hands to do as you see fit with.
  • I'm not going to ban all mods but mods that give you an unfair advantage in the challenge are not allowed (for example, a mod that adds snow or fall colours to the world would be fine because it doesn't affect the challenge at all but a mod that extends lifespans would not be allowed because it gives you more time than other players to have more children on a Normal lifespan).
  • No cheating is an obvious rule. No money cheats, no cheats that change relationships or alter emotions. If you have the plumbob mood lamps, those are fine but no cheats to put your Sims into a specific emotion.
  • If all the members of a household die off, leaving the house empty again, you need to repopulate it with at least one direct descendant of Adam and Eve but if you have at least two generations living in each house and make sure they bring in new generations when they're old enough, you shouldn't encounter this problem very often (if at all).
  • It's easier to play on rotation for this challenge to ensure everyone is continuing Adam and Eve's bloodline but if you're playing a single household, you'll need to add and remove people from the household to get them pregnant and keep Adam and Eve's line going.
  • There's no rules against descendants having same-sex relationships and adopting children but only direct blood descendants of Adam and Eve count for occupying the town so make sure your households with same-sex couples also have a direct blood descendant living with them (if one Sim out of the couple is a direct descendant of Adam and Eve, they still count, no need to move in another descendant).
  • This isn't a hard and fast rule but I recommend you play one week in each household if you're doing rotation so everyone ages at the same pace.
  • All residential lots in the worlds you choose to repopulate must be occupied by at least one direct descendant of Adam and Eve in order to complete the challenge, even empty lots. You don't need to save up a lot of money to move a Sim into one of the prebuilt homes, you can bulldoze and build/download a cheaper one in its place.

Difficulty Level
Easy: Populate Willow Creek
Medium: Populate both Willow Creek and Oasis Springs
Hard: Populate Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest
Post edited by Ashleigh825 on

Comments

• Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Can their children be 1-Sim households?
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Sim love wrote: »
    Can their children be 1-Sim households?

Sorry I took so long to respond but yes, as long as there is one living descendant of Adam and Eve in the house, they count. :)
    Thankfully, this challenge's design makes it pretty easy to update for. It's so open-ended, allowing you to do whatever you want, that it's rare for me to need to restrict or clarify anything when new content gets added to the game, so this challenge should still be playable.

I'm in the process of hosting all my challenges on Google Docs. That way, I can just update the document once and not have to worry about updating the challenge on every single place I've posted it. Keep an eye on this thread for that because this challenge does have a few minor updates that will be in the doc when I transfer it over.
  • lenopixlenopix Posts: 1 New Member
    Where do the kids get their partners?
    lenopix wrote: »
    Where do the kids get their partners?

Townies. :) The game will still spawn townies to fill various roles.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    But it has to be breeders. you cant have gay people? I'm asking because EA now has it where any sim can get pregnant.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    But it has to be breeders. you cant have gay people? I'm asking because EA now has it where any sim can get pregnant.

actually EA sims can't get pregant unless you have at least ONE couple be checked to "become pregant"
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited June 2017

There's no rules against descendants having same-sex relationships and adopting children but only direct blood descendants of Adam and Eve count for occupying the town so make sure your households with same-sex couples also have a direct blood descendant living with them (if one Sim out of the couple is a direct descendant of Adam and Eve, they still count, no need to move in another descendant).

^^^

Also, "breeder" is a very rude thing to call someone.

@MadameLee is correct. Sims are cisgender by default but you can of course change this if you would like. As the rules state, your Sims are free to do whatever they want with their lives as long as they are populating the worlds. If you want to set your same-sex couples' gender settings to allow them to have biological children, there's nothing stopping you from doing so.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    When I'm done with my Swanson Legacy I'm going to do a cross between this challenge and @Cloudseeker and @Snowie's history challenge
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RubyleekipsRubyleekips Posts: 1 New Member
    I really like the sound of this challenge. I found it when I was looking for a challenge, but I was wondering if you will be updating this challenge for the seasons expansion?
  • Gaia85Gaia85 Posts: 1 New Member
    By direct descendant do you mean only Adam and Eves children or can they be their grand children and great grandchildren?
  • Caatje199Caatje199 Posts: 1 New Member
    Are you supposed to let your kids grow up on their own or can you age them up when they meet certain requirments?