Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone Remember The Sims Social?

ShadowSwan355ShadowSwan355 Posts: 71 Member
I am the definition of a late comer to the Sims series. I only got the Sims 3 earlier this year. The Sims Social was my first full Sims experience. I loved that game a lot. I would play it all the time when I still had a Facebook account. I loved the different holiday-themed items, interacting with my friends sims, winning items from timed challenge, actually completing a challenge, building my skills and changing my sim's look. I know that your success depended heavily on how many people played with you can say that about ANY game on Facebook. It did crash my browser a lot too. But I didn't care, it was fun. I love the Sims 3 now but I wish that it had amicable breakups like the Sims Social. What do you think?

Comments

• 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I hated it. I played it briefly when it first game out and I had nothing better to do with my time. I think I was still in school.

It felt too much like a mobile game and not a Sims game.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • JennaBeeJennaBee Posts: 21 New Member
    I played it a lot :-)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I can't stand it. I did play it though but I don't like the 'energy' system, just like all the other FB games.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I played it for a while. I liked the stuff in it and I loved changing my character's clothes and hair and decorating and redecorating the house. But it finally became really frustrating, because there were so many things I wasn't able to accomplish (like expanding the house), because only one of my friends played that game, too. And eventually she became less active in the game. And since I didn't want to add strangers as my Facebook -friends just because of the game (and didn't want to constantly spam my existing Facebook -friends with game requests), I eventually just gave up.

Then I actually moved back to TS3, which I'd tried to play a bit when it had just been released. This time I got really hooked on it, though :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• ShadowSwan355ShadowSwan355 Posts: 71 Member
    @kati77 I actually did add strangers to my Facebook. Not just for the Sims Social but for other Facebook games I was playing at the time. It was actually another game that caused me to add strangers. I removed my private information first and made my profile as generic as possible. All FB games work by trying to get your FB friends to play. A big part of FB is getting the people you add involved from the "likes" to the sharing. I wish FB give people a way to play games without having to add a bunch of people or having to pay actual money if you don't add people.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I played it for a while. I made a sim named "Steak Powder". I used to go around my friends' houses and made my sim woohoo with theirs. :D Eventually I got tired of the energy system, as with the other Facebook games, so I gave up around late 2011 to early 2012.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ShadowSwan355ShadowSwan355 Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2015
    @icmnfrsh LOL on the woohooing. I wonder how did you come up with the name Steak Powder?
  • LouisLollipopLouisLollipop Posts: 36 Member
    I do! But I stopped after playing it twice. Mobile/Social Network gaming isn't for me but MMORPGs are!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    @icmnfrsh LOL on the woohooing. I wonder how did you come up with the name Steak Powder?

I was thinking of steak at the time. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SnatchedPlumbobSnatchedPlumbob Posts: 52 Member
    The sims 4 eventually because the sims social with better graphics. I didn't mind sim social but I do love the sim gaming apps. They even have toddlers and preteens in them.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    @kati77 I actually did add strangers to my Facebook. Not just for the Sims Social but for other Facebook games I was playing at the time. It was actually another game that caused me to add strangers. I removed my private information first and made my profile as generic as possible. All FB games work by trying to get your FB friends to play. A big part of FB is getting the people you add involved from the "likes" to the sharing. I wish FB give people a way to play games without having to add a bunch of people or having to pay actual money if you don't add people.

That's why I don't play Facebook games anymore, I guess. I used to play this thing called "Fluff Friends" or something like that. That game actually allowed you to go and pet strangers' pets, and gift strangers, which made the game nice. I wish Sims Social had allowed that, too.

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png