Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where did the enthusiasm for Sims 4 go??

It seems like the Sims 4 is less loved than the Sims 3 franchise- I have had no interest in the last 2 stuff packs- and the guru promos are gone- I miss the Sims 3 days when each new pack was packed with substance and you could tell the staff promoting loved the product they were creating. It has been forever since Get to Work released and the next expansion looks like a major party theme that I have no interest in- Get to Work was an awesome addition and I was looking forward to seeing the reinvented versions of Date Night, Paranormal, Generations to name a few... I miss the count downs for the latest and greatest- now we get a you tube video on release day... this is my game- I have played the Sims since 2000 and I feel like you are letting the potential of the Sims 4 just slip away- maybe it is just me but I would love to see the revitalization and some awesome new creativity and content for this game.... I hope the Gods will hear my prayers ;)

Comments

• RedFactorRedFactor Posts: 101 Member
    I don't get it? How do you have a picture if you have 29 posts and you're a new member?? *confused*
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited October 2015
    RedFactor wrote: »
    I don't get it? How do you have a picture if you have 29 posts and you're a new member?? *confused*

It's because they added it last year when this site first started in August and before EA changed the rules for new members which was in October. So as of now, if the OP wants to change it to something else, they have to wait until they become a full member.

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Twitter, tumblr, reddit.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I do Twitter all wrong.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited October 2015
    Spooky stuff had a trailer when announced. They could be changing the way they advertise.

But I actually think Spooky stuff has been in the works a lot longer then the others so maybe that's why :p
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I agree. The passion does seem to have died. I mean I wasn't even on forums for the first three Sims games and could tell how much love the Maxis/EA team put into the games. Now it sadly feels all they care about is making a quick buck. Even the information on existing content seems scarce as far as news is about it. It is like the entire game has this odd blurred vision now that no one knows about except Maxis. Like interview made it seem like their vision is that family players don't matter, the work put into the Sims 3 that Gurus did don't matter, and all that matters to them is releasing the newest pack regardless of what is in. Some of the packs like Get together honestly don't make sense to me unless the Selfie dance is supposed to be the theme for that game.

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    It went downhill. Sims 4 is not going to ever out sell Sims 3. That might be a big issue for them to overcome. They didst bake the game long enough to please The Sims fans.

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    And yet...some players actually expect to see "Pets" and "Seasons" expansion packs. Well, more power to them. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not holding my breath.

If they can't make a bear how are they ever going to make pets?

i wonder if the devs realize that they don't have to start with real bears?