Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those still playing TS3 did you play TS4?

Comments

• Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I already did 2 game times, but it's just boring, for me.

• Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    I have been playing Sims 3 since 2009 and I played the other 2 games before that. Sims 4 is the first sims game that I havent left the previous games for. Sims 3 is still my main love and it probably will be for a while. I have stopped buying Sims 4 dlc until they come out with some genuinely interesting expansions that greatly expand the core gameplay. Until then, I see no reason to move on from Sims 3
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yeah, at that time though, I lost a save game that I had been playing since the time I first had S3 so i took a break and moved to S4.

Sad to say that it didn't last long haha, S4 just didn't hold my attention long enough like S3 did at the beginning (y'know, vanilla). So now I only play CAS in S4, and still play S3 time to time.
  • Options
    TaraJoyTJTaraJoyTJ Posts: 24 New Member
    I have played Sims 4 a bit (dont ask how) and I gotta say I like Sims 3 a lot better, I do love a lot of the features in Sims 4 but Sims 3 is where its at. And ik a lot of ppl say "oh you can rly say that cuz Sims 4 doesnt have many EP's yet" but still, Sims 3 all the way
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes, I did. I found it boring and broken. Multi-tasking is pushed to the point of making it impossible to have your sims sit down at the table for a meal and emotions fluctuate so wildly it's like all of your sims should be checking themselves into a mental health facility. The only moods that are difficult to get rid of are bad ones and keeping a good one, you're immediately uninspired when you leave the house and are at work, is nearly impossible. So suffice to say, yes, I did play TS4, to a second generation but then just gave up. I wasn't impressed by the loading screens, the issues above and the fact that it was using another save as an NPC family in my neighbourhood. The game should never touch other sims created by the user unless they have been intentionally saved as part of that save game. Sims 3 is just a much better game, as buggy as it is. Also, with TS4, I had to repair my game regularly as my fridge kept breaking. Going from open world with toddlers to what is basically a prettier Sims 1 with aging, was jarring, especially as the game lacks all of the fun of The Sims 1. No toddlers, no open world, loading screens, very...very expensive base price frequent and expensive 'Game' packs, which thankfully I bought none of. I didn't even pay for TS4 or I wouldn't have bought it. I got a voucher as a gift and that's the only reason I tried TS4 out.

I know this is long, but I'll also point out that I hated, hated the cartoony graphics and the childish sim behaviours. Stomping around when angry, hiding in your bed when embarrassed, taking an 'angry poo' or 'pee like a champion'. This is juvenile stuff and it was incredibly disappointing. So disappointing in fact that while it was supposed to be funny, I didn't find it funny at all.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    @MiyuEmi I totally agree
  • Options
    I think its stupid how EA says if Sims 4 doesnt sell well they wont do Sims 5, I mean, its their own frickin fault for making Sims 4 not as fun as the other Sims!
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited October 2015
    TaraJoyTJ wrote: »
    I think its stupid how EA says if Sims 4 doesnt sell well they wont do Sims 5, I mean, its their own frickin fault for making Sims 4 not as fun as the other Sims!

That statement was made by Grant, right? By his own admission he loves hyperbole, which is probably exactly what that was. Mind, I don't hold out much hope for Sims 5 but it was a pretty unfair thing for him to say since it made people feel like they were being shamed into buying TS4. If EA wants me to buy any more of their games they need to stop enforcing Origin and digital distribution (my internet connection can't handle that kind of thing--I mean geez, it took nearly six hours just to download the last update for my TS3 game) and deliver quality products. Of course I realize in this day and age of development that's probably WAY too much to ask. LOL
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    srHz86srHz86 Posts: 54 Member
    I played TS4 for a bit, even bought some of the game packs and whatnot. I just found it bland like a lot of others seem to. Repetitive, even. I know it's just starting out, but there's not as much to do as I'd hoped there would be, especially with no open world.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I still play TS, TS2 and TS3 mostly. After researching as much information about TS4 before it was released, I knew it was not for me. So I never bothered to play nor buy it. Only thing I did try was the CAS demo. TS3 has so much going on, what is the point of TS4? It's not much of an advancement nor improvement. Additionally it's not even a life simulator anymore which the main reason why I play TS/TS2/TS3.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Never played Sims 4 except for the CAS demo.

I get why people love TS4 (I LOVE the Build mode in there) but even though there are a lot of awesome new features implemented in the game I personally don't plan on buying it for a very long time. The reason being that I'm not a fan of how the graphics look and the fact that family play seems to be put on the back burner. I'm a builder and legacy player but with TS4 having only a few new features I'm interested in instead of being interested in the entire game itself, I don't find it worth my money to buy or try out the game. However, that is just my personal opinion. I don't mind if people like TS4 better than TS3 or vice versa, what I *do* mind is when people from either side trash each other for liking whichever iteration best.

Otherwise, I play only Sims 3 and every once in awhile Sims 2. Both have their charms and quirks :P
  • Options
    JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2015
    I agree with many comments on here about S4. I played it for a bit then like others, I became bored real fast. I am not interested enough to sink money for expansions etc. I will stick with S3.
    Post edited by Jaylina on
  • Options
    I have kind of a funny thing going on with TS3 right now. Since I managed to get my expansion packs installed and get the whole game fully updated I had to get a new version of Create A World too and this means blowing the dust off all of the projects I've had going on and never finished. It's entirely possible this game could outlive me.
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    I bought TS4 and played it, I tried to like it, I really did, but all the repetitiveness just wore me out and made me sad. I missed the wide open world and being able to match colors while decorating and dressing my sims. I missed cops and robbers, firemen and newspapers piling up on my lawn. I strongly disliked the in your face, ever changing, senseless emotions or the extreme lack of emotion when they should have been front and center. I didn't like the overly bright colors in the landscape or the design of the sims - but as RF said, we can't have them looking too real because that would be just weird and creepy. But hey Lego hair looks great, right, and babies that jump out of their cribs as 7 year olds, that's not weird or creepy. It's to creepy for me!

TS4 to me is a game of contradictions - every time I would find a redeeming quality there would be 4 or 5 things that I just couldn't play with/without . So yes after trying to get my money's worth I had to admit to boredom/dissatisfaction/frustration and return to TS3. I haven't bought any of the EP, SP or GP's or played TS4 since Jan.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Can't say enough (or often enough) how disappointed I am with TS4. I didn't think I was going to like it based on the trailers and what we had heard about it prior to release, but prefer to form my own opinions rather than rely on other peoples' - what if they don't like the same things I like? So... I bought it - and sincerely wish I hadn't. A closed lot system... that may make it run better on older machines but... this means if I play more than one sim in a household they either have to be on the same lot all the time or I am forced to deal with loading screens just to check that the other sim is doing what I want them to be doing. I really do not understand how that is creating more intimacy. For me, it is creating more frustration and annoyance. No CASt? No CAW? No ability to invent and play my sims the way I want to play them. The emotions systems is like playing with all my sims menstruating - can we say irrational mood swings that make no sense whatsoever? What do you mean my sims' wife died and no one even cared? Can someone show me the intimacy in THAT? And for the love of God - what is up with the incestuous hooks up in TS4? Maybe that's what they meant by intimacy?

Yes, TS3 was a buggy mess at times, but (Hail, Twallan) there are mods for that. So... yeah - TS3 for me, thanks. TS4 is uninstalled and will stay that way. Sorry, EA... you've completely missed the mark and your hold on my wallet. Game over.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes I played 4 and stayed with sims 3, I was never going to stop playing sims 3 and was going to decide to play both. I definitetly prefer 3 over 4.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    I guess I'm back. I tried sims 4 and still haven't finished trying so I'm not done yet, but I desperately miss what I feel when I play 3. So today I'm doing Sims 3 (just writing, not playing, but it's amazing how I immediately am inside that story instead of hovering over it like with my Sims 4 story, even when it's like two or even three months ago I played the game I'm using the pictures from now).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PlumbobzqtPlumbobzqt Posts: 1 New Member
    ive got it just dont like the no open worlds thing
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I agree, I don't feel the same about the sims that I do for my S3 sims. I know some people thought that the open world was distracting and took away from the sim, but I LOVE that I can build a town and have my sim go exploring down the boardwalk without loading screen. I just built a bunch of new hangouts by the beach and it looks fantastic. There are sims meandering around, beautiful (and REAL) scenery. I love it.

I can spy on what other sims are doing.
    One of my Sims friends has a teen daughter and an SP bubble popped up that she was seen getting lovey dovey with a boy. So I clicked on her pic in the bubble, not expecting much. There she was in the graveyard, hitting it up with some EMO kid. It was hilarious!! Fitting too, I can imagine her whole thought process on this illicit night meeting in the graveyard with this goth kid.

There are a couple good points about S4. For me thats the fast loading, of course with a game like that it better load quick. Another is that you can import/export lots and sims easily. Granted... I hardly do it, but the option is there.

I haven't opened S4 in a long time though. I get tired of the borked genetics and I'm not a rotational player so its painful for me. I can't seem to make a lasting connection with any of the sims. I have one that I LIKE, but its not... its not how I like my new S3 couple.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    KendallKennyKendallKenny Posts: 24 Member
    I have both TS4 and TS3. I like TS4 in a mediocre way. I prefer TS3 over TS4 due to the fact; I don't like the new gameplay and different content. Yes, the gameplay is supposed to make the emotions "more realistic" But to me, it's irritating. I like the old layout of the needs and traits; plus there's almost no customizable content if at all any. The colour-wheel was one of the best features of TS3. You could make anything anything! It was terrific. However, this is just my opinion on the new game.
    tumblr_phmj56FbCA1tvo2c3o1_r2_500.gif
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2015
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    Honestly I mostly play TS2 but sometimes 3 and rarely 4. I have it and do want to get back into it, but I think I will always love 2, and even 3 with all it's lag and bugs, more than 4. All the constant updates (at least until 4 is over I assume) and no toddlers just...I love family play in TS2 and 3! In TS2 I may control many, many households but everyone always has at least 1 child, if not more, and in TS3 I only play 1 household at a time but in legacy style and go through the generations. TS4 is seriously lacking in that, at least for now. Don't know what EA's plans are for the future.

I love Sims in general, but I definitely have preferences.
    Well we now know The Sims franchise was handed over to the Mobile division. Which strongly implies that if TS5 should ever go gold, it will most likely be a mobile/smartphone based game. And will so resemble nothing of it predecessors. If that is EA's vision for The Sims, then this franchise is truly doomed...
  • Options
    I have both TS4 and TS3. I like TS4 in a mediocre way. I prefer TS3 over TS4 due to the fact; I don't like the new gameplay and different content. Yes, the gameplay is supposed to make the emotions "more realistic" But to me, it's irritating. I like the old layout of the needs and traits; plus there's almost no customizable content if at all any. The colour-wheel was one of the best features of TS3. You could make anything anything! It was terrific. However, this is just my opinion on the new game.
    You mentioning the color wheel reminded me of trying to use it in CAS. I just updated my game and that thing is slow as molasses during a cold thaw, as in it takes me a long time to redesign an outfit in CAS now. Even so, I'd still rather have it than not.

• Options
    XavyXavy Posts: 50 Member
    I only play in CAS in Sims 4. Playing the actual game bores me... TS3 is a different story.
  • Options
    Ravenlaw2010Ravenlaw2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    I myself have not played TS4. However, I do not feel that I'm going to play it at all because, I have been hearing that it does not offer a lot of what TS3 offers such as; story progression, toddlers, create a style, and so forth.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2015
    Okay I own both game packs and GTW and the first three stuff packs but out of boredom even with those packs i'v gone back to the sims 2 and the sim 3 :/

In a year it still feels incomplete with the basegame and the packs are fun for me with building but I want to play a family and the sims 4 that just won't work for me!

I hate how newborns are, still no toddlers, and how teens look, and it ain't got enough family game play to keep me happy in the sims 4!

with past games from one to three its been like an addiction buying and playing the sims series but in 4 i can take it or leave it!

Its like the sims have lost its magic :/

Waiting until the next game pack or GT to come out to see if its interests me again but uninstalled all my sims 4 games for nearly a month now :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon