Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superstar (Now Accepting 'till October 22nd!)

ChallengeGreatlyAcceptedChallengeGreatlyAccepted Posts: 673 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
308llqr.jpg
Welcome to the Sims 3 contest Superstar! I'm your host, Challe! Like the logo? Made it myself. I feel so proud. :) Well, let's cover the basics of this challenge right here, right now. Ready the crew, refill your popcorn, and get ready for the movie! ;)
10nardf.jpg
  • Create a sim. That should be pretty obvious.
  • That sim should have huge dreams. They must dream to be a famous singer!
  • Through many different challenges, your sim will either get "a feeling that I'm going under" or they will "know that I'm gonna make it out alive!" (From Stitches by Sean Mendes)
  • You may nominate!
  • If you loose, you are welcome to continue watching and see who wins!
  • If you win, your prize should come within a week. If it doesn't, feel free to send me a PM.
  • If you have any problems, you can also PM me.
That kind of turned into the rules, didn't it? Well, there are still more rules for you to follow.
~~~
CAS
  • Create a Male or Female Teen-Adult. You may create two sims for this competition. (Yes teens are allowed. You read that correctly.)
  • Only humans, witches, and faeries are allowed! I don't think the crowd would like to loose their blood to a vampire, get bitten by a werewolf, soil themselves by seeing a ghost, or crowd around a genie for wishes. Sorry.
  • You may dress them however you want, but please, NO CC. Also, I don't own the store, so please don't stock them up with too much store content either.
  • I own Generations, Pets, Seasons, and Supernatural. For the portion where I will be the one with your sim, please don't give them anything from any other EP or SP. When you have him/her, you are allowed to put whatever you'd like on them. (I don't care for the SPs too much, that's why I have none as of now.)
~~~
Forms

Entry Form:
Username:
Sim's Name:
Stage name (Put N/A if their stage name is their real name.):
Pictures (Limit to only 3, please. Collages allowed.):
Reason for Entering (Sim's point of view):
Any Songs or Albums out? (Optional, you may edit this later if you'd like.):

Sponsor Form:
Username:
What You're Willing to Give:
As the Prize For:

~~~
EDIT LOG:
Edited for a few small errors in typing and stuff I left out.
tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}
Post edited by ChallengeGreatlyAccepted on

Comments

• ChallengeGreatlyAcceptedChallengeGreatlyAccepted Posts: 673 Member
    edited October 2015
    2nhnmug.jpg
    There are three categories your sims will have to complete to become a superstar. Here, I'll explain each of the three.

DNA (Discovering New Artists. What a coincidence it says DNA! :p )
    ~~~
    • This will have all sims going against each other.
    • For this portion, you may keep your sim with you.
    • Your sim will have some sort of social media account that will have their singing (or songwriting).
    • There will be 5 semi-categories and 5 sims will be eliminated.
    • Those semi-categories are; Kindness, Voice, Writing, Friendliness, and Overall. Kindness is measured by how kind your sim seems from your entry. Voice is only applied to those that decide to add voice to their sims. (See below for info.) Writing is for those that decide not to sing but decide to post songwriting instead for this round. Friendliness is pretty much their popularity back home. Overall is just a community vote of who seems to be the best at that moment in time.
    • Overall gets to pick their prize first, then the others are allowed to pick.

BFS (Best Fresh Singer.)
    ~~~
    • This will have the remaining 10 (or 15) sims pit against each other.
    • For this portion, both you and I will have your sim.
    • Your sim will actually test their singing skills.
    • You will have to have your sim sing a few songs. Covers and original songs are allowed.
    • There are no semi-categories. There will be a public vote on who is the best singer.
    • 1st, 2nd, and 3rd get their designated prize in the BFS prize section.
    • The last 5 sims are eliminated.

SMA (Sims Music Awards.)
    ~~~
    • This will have the remaining 5 (or 10) sims pit against each other.
    • For this portion, both you and I will have your sim.
    • Your sim will have made it to the music awards! Each sim will get a life performance and a music video to show.
    • There will be 6 semi-categories. Beauty, Voice, Writing, Style, Creativity and Best of the Best. They are all pretty self explanatory. They will all be put up to a community vote.
    • Best of the Best wins the grand prize, a ___! (Coming soon!)
    • The others get to pick a prize from the SMA prizes list.

2r7vv5x.jpg
    Of course, what is a contest without prizes? I suppose I'll list a few for you.
    (Prizes will be picked based on alphabetical order except for the DNA overall winner.)
    DNA Prizes (Anywhere from 300-1)
    • Sophisticated Hairdo (Sponsored by Myself)
    • Dainty Dress and Jacket (Sponsored by Myself)
    • (Empty)
    • (Empty)
    • (Empty)

BFS Prizes (Anywhere from 500-)
    • Multi Tab 6000 (Sponsored by Myself)
    • Buzzer Beater Free Throw Machine (Sponsored by Myself)
    • (Empty)

SMA Prizes (Anywhere from 1500-)
    • Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes Set (Sponsored by Myself)
    • (Empty)
    • (Empty)
    • (Empty)
    • (Empty)

GRAND PRIZE (Anywhere from 5000-): (Empty)

~~~
    (If there is a spot with empty in it, then that means that that spot is open for a sponsor to fill, or I am finding stuff to place in there. Sponsors are first come first served, and if they don't make it before I fill in all the spots, then so be it.)
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}
  • ChallengeGreatlyAcceptedChallengeGreatlyAccepted Posts: 673 Member
    edited October 2015
    11hxcut.jpg
    Look at who has entered and how far they are going!
    ~~~
    <3 ~ Best of the Best
    :( ~ Eliminated at the DNA
    :'( ~ Eliminated at the BFS
    :) ~ Won a prize at the SMA
    :s ~ Got nothing at the SMA
    ~~~
    Emilia Sainte-Teen-Witch-Sample Sim (Cannot loose or win, she is just there as an example.)

~~~
    CURRENTLY:
    We are currently accepting new artists! We are looking for 15-20 artists by October 22nd!

idrtkx.jpg
    So, you need help with this challenge? I'll split this into sub categories.

How do I get my sim to sing?
    • Why, use your own voice! Find a recording system such as vocaroo or something else! (If vocaroo or such is not allowed then please allow me to know so I can update this!)
    • To make it seem like it's your sim singing, type testingcheatsenabled true and moviemakercheatsenabled true in the cheat bar. Shift click your sim, go to Repeating Animation, and then go to the Social things... I forgot what they were called. There should be one where your sim is talking and that would definitely work!
    • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me if vocaroo or voice recordings are not allowed to be posted on this site! I don't want to be breaking any rules.
    • If you would not like to lend your singing voice (of which I bet is beautiful) to this then you may ask others to do it for you or use a voice creator thing to create on for you! This also means that if you opt out of using your voice, for the DNA round you will not need to submit a small video sample of your sim singing. You will just submit a song you created.

How do I make a music video?
    • First, you will need a YouTube or any sort of video sharing thing. (I'm pretty sure tinypic has something for videos as well. TS3 website also has a movie creator where you can merge videos together.)
    • Use the in-game (or any other type if you have one) video recorder to record videos. Take tiny segments so that it's easier. You will be able to merge them together by either using the TS3 website movie maker or a video merger program.
    • You should be fine! It's really not that hard, only takes an hour. *cough cough* A few days... *cough cough*

How do you write a song?
    • Well, if you are stumped and don't want your sim doing a cover of a song, then start out by thinking of a beat.
    • Then, add in a chorus. That should always be your step 2.
    • Then add in verse 1, followed by adding in verse 2, the interlude, and the end.
    • Put them in this order and you will have a song; Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, Chorus, Interlude, Chorus, End. I am pretty sure that is how a song goes... ;)

~~~
  • Reserved

Start posting peeps! :)
  • Bump it up? Also, updated some information.
  • Yet again decided to edit it s'more. I am oh so indecisive!
  • Updated to make some of the entries look better with bb coding. :)
  • CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    I want to participate but it seems fairly complicated to a technophobe like me Challenge O_O I wish you the best of luck with your contest, I know everyones entry will be beautiful. If i figure out how to use the movie maker in the sims (which I've never done before) I might sneak in an entry