Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is not that bad

Comments

• HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Considering the price and the high expectations i had coming from Sims 3 i was pretty disappointed, in its current for the base game should cost say 39.95 which is the going rate for the EPs.

The way they pretty much took a 180 degree turn from the Sims 3 where you could go everywhere and customize pretty much everything to your liking is something i am still having problems with, and while i have recently started playing the Sims 4 i still find the Sims 3 a lot more enjoyable mostly for the fact that i can do so much more in the game.

In Sims 4 i am restricted to small areas divided by a loading screen, as far as colors and patterns for my clothes or hair is concerned i am also stuck with what the developers have pre-made and the same applies for the colors & patterns i can choose for my house.
    Oh and now i cant modify the terrain at all, most of the workplaces are still rabbit holes with the exception that you dont even have an actual building your Sim goes to but instead he vanishes at the edge of the playable area.

Good thing is that they are working on the Sims 4 and can improve the game, so at least i can hope for some of the things i miss from S3 to be implemented into the Sims 4 sometime in the future.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I know a lot of you are disappointed in the sims 4. I think that the sims 4 is a great game.

I like the emotion system. I like that our sims now have emotions.
    They had emotions before and now in Sims 4 they don't even care if someone dies right in front of their feet.

Maybe narcissism is a hidden trait. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member
    There are some parts of the game I like and those I don't. One thing that I wish they had implemented back in Sims 3 is the house building tech. Now,I have to say that the Build Mode in Sims 4 is AWESOME,and EA really did a great job this time around. That being said,having grid placement for furniture would have been nice to bring back-I do like being able to place it wherever I want but I'm kind of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about that kind of thing. More customization for Create-a-Sim would have been great(like being able to set custom colors),and furniture collections in Buy Mode would have come in handy too.
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    It's not bad.

And it's also far from great.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    It's not a bad game. But for me the main reason I think it's not a great game is because they're trying to cater to a young crowd. If we would've had the same emotions and goals but in a more mature setting I bet people would've liked TS4 a lot more. Right now there's just no real consequences, no fears, no serious diseases or injuries, no steamy woohoo, no natural disasters, no poverty, no addictions, no violence, no dark humor, nothing is scary, ... everything is all sunshine and happiness. I know this has always been the Sims' way, but for some reason it's more apparent in TS4 than it was before. Maybe that's because the art style is so cartoony now.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    It's not a bad game. But for me the main reason I think it's not a great game is because they're trying to cater to a young crowd. If we would've had the same emotions and goals but in a more mature setting I bet people would've liked TS4 a lot more. Right now there's just no real consequences, no fears, no serious diseases or injuries, no steamy woohoo, no natural disasters, no poverty, no addictions, no violence, no dark humor, nothing is scary, ... everything is all sunshine and happiness. I know this has always been the Sims' way, but for some reason it's more apparent in TS4 than it was before. Maybe that's because the art style is so cartoony now.

The Sims 2 had wants and fears. That made gameplay very interesting. There were consequences. For instance, if your Sim got too lonely, there was the Social Bunny. If they wanted a child and couldn't have one, there was the gunny sack of flour that they could rock back and forth. And there was the "nervous breakdown" where the psychiatrist had to come and get the client to "Snap out of It!" with the hypno-lollipop looking thingy. Yes, there were consequences. Who could forget the effect on the Sim who feared using a public restroom when they had no choice but to use one? So, in The Sims 2, the player could choose to make his/her Sim happy or miserable. Now, with the Sims 4, that's no longer possible.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I remember in TS2 I decided to make a poor slob. He was fat, dirty and vulgar. When I neglected him to play his daughter, many of his needs would go into critical. He was so funny to watch I swear I was crying from laughter. He was in a bathtub, which was on his front lawn, and I think he was rowing an imaginary paddle or something goofy like that. We don't see this kind of humor in TS4. It would even be difficult to make a dirty old vulgar bum now. Sims are all too nice and proper.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Disappointed is an understatement. I don't like the game, in fact I cut up my discs and threw them in the garbage then I deleted TS4 from my PC and uninstalled Origin. The only thing I liked about the game was CAS and that wasn't enough to keep me playing. Like @sparkfairy1 my play style was completely gutted and I have no reason to continue with this series as I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Golly! You didn't think maybe you could just sell them on Ebay- LOL! Hey, the next time you don't like a game just smash your computer to bits with a hammer! Then set the pieces on fire. That'll really make you feel better. LOL-again!

To the OP- it's not a bad game and it's a fun game. It doesn't have to be perfect to be playable, in fact if I was waiting for a perfect game I'd have to stop playing games completely- there's not going to be one, never has been. Go to any forum for any game and you'll find the same type of hate for that game as this one on here. Forums are good for it- believe me, I just read a load of it (and basically the same complaints as here) during the Star Wars Beta last week. So, enjoy it and eagerly wait with those of us who like it for GT in six weeks!
    edited October 2015
    Pary wrote: »
    Golly, how can you resell them when the serial for TS4 is tied to your Origin account? LOL
    LOL again

/eyeroll

GOLLY! It was a joke aimed at her extreme reaction AND you can sell them as replacement discs on Ebay- there's some on there now. I also haven't tried "untying them" for resell, like I don't know Sims 2 and 3 so I can't say for sure it can't be done that way as well. In any event- IT WAS A JOKE (which I guess has to be typed on everything in the forums that IS A JOKE, LOL-LOL again). "/eyeroll"
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited October 2015
    I prefer: Sims 4, it could be worse.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    Golly, how can you resell them when the serial for TS4 is tied to your Origin account? LOL
    LOL again

/eyeroll

GOLLY! It was a joke aimed at her extreme reaction AND you can sell them as replacement discs on Ebay- there's some on there now. I also haven't tried "untying them" for resell, like I don't know Sims 2 and 3 so I can't say for sure it can't be done that way as well. In any event- IT WAS A JOKE (which I guess has to be typed on everything in the forums that IS A JOKE, LOL-LOL again). "/eyeroll"

Joke or not, telling her to smash her computer was a bit extreme. I think there was some anger behind your "joke". You seem to be angry at anyone who doesn't like this game. I'll give you credit for not using the term "hater", although you did say that people hate The Sims 4...even though they don't. There is a difference between "hate" and "dislike".

Whatever "/eyeroll"- again.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Stefxxc wrote: »
    Me personally i don't like the game there are some good points to it as you have mentioned but is it enough we sort of had emotions in the sims 3 didn't we you have listed alot of things you like about the game but not many about gameplay for me that is why i don't like it the gameplay is lacking something it gets quite boring quite fast and once you have created a perfect family a perfect home you just run out of things to do.

I have played sims since February, and I am still not out of things to do. Have you visited the hermit through the cave in Granite Falls? Have you played all special jobs where you follow your sims to work? Have you been running a store? Have you visited Sixam through the wormhole and/or had your male sims being pregnant? To me The Sims 4 is the best running and most exiting game of them all until now and we get even more opportunities in December wit the upcoming expansion Get Together.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Disappointed is an understatement. I don't like the game, in fact I cut up my discs and threw them in the garbage then I deleted TS4 from my PC and uninstalled Origin. The only thing I liked about the game was CAS and that wasn't enough to keep me playing. Like @sparkfairy1 my play style was completely gutted and I have no reason to continue with this series as I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Golly! You didn't think maybe you could just sell them on Ebay- LOL! Hey, the next time you don't like a game just smash your computer to bits with a hammer! Then set the pieces on fire. That'll really make you feel better. LOL-again!
    Meh, I'd go for just the game myself, I still can use the computer to play other games :p
    (not that I'm going to destroy the game myself, because I agree with the title, the game isn't bad bad)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

Could it?

Don't let EA­xis get that impression or it will be worse for the next one.
    raw
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited October 2015

For me, it's about as worse as it can get. I started with Sims 1 and always looked forward to each new one through 2 and 3, bought all the EP's and SP's and most of the store for 3. Sims 4 is the first one I have abandoned.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I wanted to love TS4.. I haven't played since 2 because I could never get over the way TS3 sims looked (creepy ugly alien type..IMO) and just didn't like the feel of 3 either.. When TS4 came out without toddlers I really thought they would've been replaced with a better baby stage where we didn't even think twice about the tots.. But That was so far from what I got. I hate having babies in this game, zero connection with the new arrival bound to its crib, it's just pathetic. I don't like when I have teens either.. They do -everything- the same as YA/As it just doesn't make sense.. Why even include a teen stage.. for the sake of sayin there is one?
    There are just too many things in TS4 that I don't like. I want the NPC's back. I miss my house being robbed and having a diving board. I want to order groceries, teach my toddler how to walk, tuck in the kids, my sims to cuddle in their sleep. I need MORE CAREERS! Sims need to stop disappearing and cousins need to know they are so and not flirt with one another. So no I don't love The Sims 4, I don't even really like it, but I'm happy for the people who do.
    The way I see it is- I already own it, when I feel the need to sim I'll play. Build mode is really awesome with this game, that's one thing 4 really shines in IMO, I can build for days. It's so easy to move rooms and add new areas to homes. I do miss auto roofs though..
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    GOLLY! It was a joke aimed at her extreme reaction

I see.
    It came off more like snark and sarcasm.
    I guess you're just not very funny, that's all.
    Carry on then.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • NagaoNagao Posts: 49 Member
    [quote="Simsister2004;14202398"][quote="Stefxxc;14148655"]Me personally i don't like the game there are some good points to it as you have mentioned but is it enough we sort of had emotions in the sims 3 didn't we you have listed alot of things you like about the game but not many about gameplay for me that is why i don't like it the gameplay is lacking something it gets quite boring quite fast and once you have created a perfect family a perfect home you just run out of things to do. [/quote]

I have played sims since February, and I am still not out of things to do. Have you visited the hermit through the cave in Granite Falls? Have you played all special jobs where you follow your sims to work? Have you been running a store? Have you visited Sixam through the wormhole and/or had your male sims being pregnant? To me The Sims 4 is the best running and most exiting game of them all until now and we get even more opportunities in December wit the upcoming expansion Get Together.[/quote]

No one has to buy expansions to find something fun to do. I'm glad others have fun with this thing, but a base game has to hold up and Sis 4 doesn't for good reason -that being that's it's stripped in every area.

Why don't YOU defend the lack of everything? If you wont/wouldnt, learn to respect opinions.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Stefxxc wrote: »
    Me personally i don't like the game there are some good points to it as you have mentioned but is it enough we sort of had emotions in the sims 3 didn't we you have listed alot of things you like about the game but not many about gameplay for me that is why i don't like it the gameplay is lacking something it gets quite boring quite fast and once you have created a perfect family a perfect home you just run out of things to do.

I have played sims since February, and I am still not out of things to do. Have you visited the hermit through the cave in Granite Falls? Have you played all special jobs where you follow your sims to work? Have you been running a store? Have you visited Sixam through the wormhole and/or had your male sims being pregnant? To me The Sims 4 is the best running and most exiting game of them all until now and we get even more opportunities in December wit the upcoming expansion Get Together.

That's fine if you like being told what to do and when to do it. But I don't. That's why I don't put my Sim in any of the "open" careers in "Get To Work"...because they're not open. They're very very scripted. I'm glad you're a fan of scripted game play, but frankly, I don't need to do everything in the game to justify being bored out of my gourd a few minutes after I play it...nor does it stop me from rage quitting when I download a library from the gallery and then I realize that without that 300 simolean bookshelf that only comes with the Willow Creek library and isn't even available in build/buy mode...even the Maxis made library that comes with one of the game packs is useless, because either there's no books in the bookshelves, or there are a limited number of books, and every bookshelf has the same kind of books...and no skill books at all. And that's just one of the many little annoyances that makes me not want to play this game.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!