Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many packs you did not buy for The Sims 4

Comments

• Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I have not bought and why:
    Perfect Patio: only want hot-tub/ waiting for it to go on sale.
    Spa Day: waiting for it to go on sale.
    Cool Kitchen: do not need it/ waiting for it to go on sale.
    Spooky Stuff: not interested in it.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited October 2015
    Only got the stuff pack with the hottub in it for the hotub, but tbh there was only the hottub in it. The others I don't have and won't be getting as I don't see the point to them. Sorry.
    The game packs, I have both. Like them both, but Spa Day is my favourite.
    The expansion packs, I have Get To Work and will be waiting to see whether this next one has what I want it to have before I get it (in the sale ;) )

Edit: the only stuff pack I will ever get, now, would be one based on movies like The Lost Boys, The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire, as the clothes and hairstyles in these packs aren't so bad. Hint Hint, Wink Wink! :)
    HSau :)
  • TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    I didn't buy:
    - Cool Kitchen
    - Spooky stuff

And the list will only grow from now on.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited October 2015
    I haven't purchased any released content since the base.

I'm waiting for the brownie to get better before investing in ice cream and toppings. ;)

Sadly at the rate of things this brownie is gonna either last another 5 years or get dumped eventually. B)

Ps, if the brownie were improved I would buy the following: outdoor retreat, spa day, and spooky stuff. I would maybe get: get to work, perfect patio, and maybe get together (really depends on how it affects game mechanics).
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I've bought everything so far. I wasn't going to buy any more stuff packs, as with ts3 I got the stuff packs last, and was going to do that this time except if I didn't like a stuff pack. But then they came out with Spooky Stuff,and I'm a Halloween freak so...I'm not buying anymore stuff packs though. At least not until I have the expansions I want.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited October 2015
    The only Stuff Pack I bought was Cool Kitchen because of the nice CAS items.
    I'm liking these stuff packs, even though only one of them has been interesting to me so far. Hopefully they'll release another one that I like soon.
    Just remember that you're not supposed to buy absolutely everything.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i bought them all and i am getting get toghter and all the upcoming sp and game packs i am buying
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited October 2015
    Only Spooky Stuff, since I see no use in it without seasons, but I will buy everything else hehe!
    Post edited by Skobee on
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    I've gotten everything but Spooky Stuff. I may at some later date, but otherwise the holiday-themed items aren't that big of a thing for me. I WILL be getting Get Together as soon as it's released though. ^_~
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I bought everything ...and
    ariel-i-want-more.gif

Literally me! Lol

But I haven't got much time to play lately *cries*

🐸🐸🐸🐸 you school!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited October 2015
    I haven't bought:
    Spooky Stuff
    Outdoor Retreat

I've only played them on friends' PCs but I will buy them once they all go on sale.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I haven't bought Spooky Stuff and I won't be buying Get Together.

I won't buy anything else Sims puts out either until they bring back family play, pets, and seasons. I should say... until the focus on more interesting things then partying for a YA.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I bought only the base game and won't buy anything else.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    None, just base game. Toddlers are my deal breaker and no news of them ever returning, so yeah my personal decision. Cities Skylines however is taunting my wallet.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I have the base game, bought GTW to see if they might have added more things to do and I was disappointed to see more "do this to do that" play. Customer Service gave me OR when they couldn't fix a problem I had with another game and I don't have any interest in playing it right now because I'm not into collecting. I don't see a lot to do with it except that. All I can think of right now is to recreate the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles. I haven't bought anything else because for me things that are broken need to be fixed.

I've bought them all.

Not entirely sure how you can decide you're not buying a game that we haven't heard anything about since August and another that hasn't even been announced yet. :joy:

I can make that decision based on the experience I've had so far with the game. If I watch reviews after something is released and I find content that would actuallyround out my game I'll think about adding it then. So far though it would just be a waste of money for me.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • LouisLollipopLouisLollipop Posts: 36 Member
    None. I'm here on this forum on a mission to see if this game is worthy of my time
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Why there are some people just hitting the disagree button like that? I and many other players did not express our opinions or anything. It is just saying what I bought and what I didn't
    So when I say I did not buy spooky stuff what is there to disagree about it? Well, you can buy me one if you are disagreeing and prove yourself right. lol

Don't let it bother you. This forum has a group that I like to think of as our own little special snowflakes. They have a problem seeing the difference between what is a post to disagree with or not and a post that is something that is actually appropriate to disagree or not with.

Then again they might disagree with your decision to pass on Spooky stuff because you, like me, think it's a waste of time and or money. Maybe they could send you the money to buy the pack and that way you could save your money and they would be happy that you bought it?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I bought all of them.

I'm buying Get Together.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Just the base game, my son bought me get to work. I have not been interested in any of the other content. I know from experience if you don't enjoy the base game, throwing money at the game isn't going to make you like it even more. I was bored with the base game and when my son bought GTW, I was excited as I thought perhaps I would learn to like the game. Nope. After playing the scientist career, and owning a retail store, I got bored within a week, and haven't played since right after GTW came out. I wanted to try the doctor and police career, but don't like rpg type games and was so bored I couldn't bring myself to do it.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I have them all. <3
  • bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    I only bought the base game and Get To Work (when it was on sale for $20). I don't plan on buying Get Together, and I'm unsure about the rest.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I bought only the base game and won't buy anything else.

Who is disagreeing with me? How funny! I really, truly do have only the base game! Honest!

• bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    It's easier to say the ones I actually bought, which are the base game and Outdoor Retreat.

I don't plan to buy anything in the future, not until they add toddlers and more family play. I know this has been said lots of times before, but it's the truth. The game as it is offers very little to family players so no matter how many packs I'll buy, it will always feel empty to me, so the only solution I see is to wait until they add some proper content for my playstyle.