Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wonderful entries, everyone! :smiley:
    I have seen all Expert entries in here, haha! ;)
    Can't wait to see what the next challenge is! :blush: Hope it's not too hard, haha! :o
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #27 is now officially closed. We'll be posting #28 shortly, we hope you'll join us :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #28 - Techno…what?

“Rose?” You call over the intercom, preparing to ask her a question.

“Yes it is the time you are suppose to have the meeting. No, she isn’t here yet. No she hasn’t called.” Rose says with an amused chuckle. She knows you so well.

“Oh. Well. Thanks.” Glancing at your clock, you shrug, and try to pass the waiting time with a game of solitaire. As you struggle to find a place to put that black 8, an icon flashes up on your screen.

“Tchnobabbl16 wants a chat.” you read, before looking very confused. “What?” Hesitantly, you click the accept icon. After a few minutes, during which a program you didn’t know you had updates, a window opens and a young lady smiles at you.

She has black hair liberally streaked with candy pink, matching her candy pink lipstick. Her vibrantly green eyes peer at you through candy pink frames. “Sorry I’m late for the appointment. I was hoping to get out of class in time to meet with you, but I got hit with a last minute assignment. My name is Tashira Nuvalis.” At seeing your confused expression and not getting a response she rolls her eyes and smiles again. “First time on video chat? Just speak up. Your computer has a built in microphone.”

“Right. Its nice to meet you Miss Nuvalis.” You say, struggling to regain some dignity. “What can I do for you?”

“I need a new place. I heard you’re the best, so I came to you.”

“Okay. Will it be you and your parents?” you ask diplomatically.

She sighs, as if exasperated with that question. “No. I’m emancipated. Mom and Step-dad live in Appaloosa Plains. I hate the country. Since I make enough money as a comic book author and YouTuber, I decided to beat feet. My grandmother left me 20k to get started.”

You nod, pulling out pen and paper. “What would you like?”

“An apartment in a city. At least 1 bedroom. Need the basics and a place to write and film my vlogs.” She thinks, “Downtown would be perfect if you could manage it. If it’s too expensive I don’t mind going a little further out. But no suburbs!”

“That sound doable. Any other preferences?”

“Well my favourite colour is pink and I love watching the sunset, so a balcony would be nice, but not required. I can’t think of anything else.” She says, toying with a pen. Suddenly a bell rings, making you both jump. “Crud. That’s the bell. I have to go. When would my new place be ready?”

“Give me 2 weeks.” You assure her confidently. You’ve done harder things in 2 weeks.

“Great. See ya!” The window closes, leaving you alone in your office. After jotting down some notes, you head out to tell Rose about this unusual appointment.

Challenge Brief:

1 bedroom, 1 bath
    Kitchen
    A place to write
    Make sure to use Pink in the décor
    Budget: 20,000

Sim Challenge:

Make Tashira Nuvalis

Room Challenge:

Create a balcony for Tashira to watch the sunset
    Budget: 5,000
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #: 28 - Techno…what?
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and Build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your inspiration object for this challenge)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:(Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS28

The Deadline for this challenge is 7 October 2015
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ooh, sound like fun! :smiley:
    One question! Is the 20k budget also includes the lot cost or only the gallery cost?
    For ALL challenges (unless otherwise stated) the budget includes the lot cost plus the gallery cost :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Oooh this challenge sounds like fun! will definitely be checking this out! :D
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@BuildnShare What is the lot size requirement for the new challenge?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

Whatever lot size you choose @mommataurus2 but remember the budget equals the gallery cost plus the cost of the lot :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    K thanks @BuildNShare! ;)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@Buildnshare One last question, if we build a balcony we get an additional 5k is that right?!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @Buildnshare One last question, if we build a balcony we get an additional 5k is that right?!

Hi!
    No the 5k budget for the balcony is for when you don't want to do or don't have time to do the entire build.
    O there is a separate room challenge with its own budget.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    edited September 2015
    FORUM ID: mommataurus2
    ORIGIN ID: mommataurus2
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Comic Store/Apartment
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 17726
    TOTAL COST: 19,226
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: kizoa.com/Video-Maker/d25288901k5137705o1l1/comic-storeapartment
    ENTRY DETAILS: Inspired by the Sims career as a comic book writer and her youth. Figured she'd want to live near the comic book store where her books are sold.

uzROyr3.jpg

Link to Gallery: thesims.com/gallery/1B7E3162647711E587F0CBD39B4460D5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mommataurus2&max=50&maxis=false
    SIM: SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:kizoa.com/Video-Maker/d25289055k5143571o1l1/tashira-nuvalis
    ENTRY DETAILS: Pink hair, pink frames, green eyes, youthful appearance, heavy set due to sedentary career.

00.jpg
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited September 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Eagles Nest
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 18,496
    TOTAL COST: 19,996
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Eagles Nest
    ENTRY DETAILS: Designed the apartment on the first floor with carport and seating area underneath. Modern style with pink accents throughout. Fully landscaped.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CAAF3016660B11E585D5E4C2FD5CE982?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

4deb9d1c-704e-4fca-9d04-c1f57e2af67c_zpsrlxwfyrg.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Hi all! Long time no see. Things have been hectic here, I got married!! I also had a go at this new challenge, however, I am waaaay over budget, here's a quick look at my idea though.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congratulations on your wedding @FaithofKaela. May you have many happy years ahead of you. Your idea is great. Try and downsize your build but keep the shape and concept. :)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Thank you for the kind wishes @Isasbella14. I have tried to downsize, but failed, it's just not doable on this design.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Very pretty homes. You all do wonderful amazing work...
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    FORUM ID: kamb1403
    ORIGIN ID: bokylie1
    LEVEL: Might as well go established
    LOT: It is one of the Willow Creek 20 x 15 lots.
    TOTAL COST: $19646
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/bokylie1/slideshow/BNS Challenge 28
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to build something that was different and unusual. The first building has a lounge, eat-in kitchen and bathroom. The second building is two storey with a study on the lower level and the bedroom on the top level.

09-30-15_9-35-43nbspPM_zpsn7yaboar.png

Link to gallery in case people are interested: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/93362079676611E5814CEB6F91BC247D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bokylie1&max=50&maxis=false
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    @FaithofKaela Congratulations on your nuptials!

Awesome creations everyone! :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    I´m working on this. I LOVE the challenges with a very low budget ;)
    Hi all! Long time no see. Things have been hectic here, I got married!! I also had a go at this new challenge, however, I am waaaay over budget, here's a quick look at my idea though.

Congratulations !! :smiley:

Happy weekend everyone !! <3
    edited October 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 28 - Techno...what?
    FORUM ID: RyeCris16
    ORIGIN ID: RyeCris16
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Pinky Techie Mini
    LOT COST: §1,500
    BUILD COST: §18,415
    TOTAL COST: §19,915
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Photobucket Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    >Pinky Techie Mini is a small modern loft with a minimalist feel and a pretty touch of pink, perfect for a geek or writer starting out. It has one bedroom and one bathroom.
    >First floor has a dining room, a kitchen, and a bathroom, in sleek black & white palette. There's a pink living room between it, with a study and a computer where a perfect place to write.
    >Second floor is a bedroom with a balcony connected it to watch the sunset.
    >This lot costs §18,415. It also fits perfectly on Newcrest.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please! :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #nocc, also no MOO! :)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    01_zps9lp1kywy.png
    10_zpsbapzas9v.png
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    I´m trying to post my entries, but not shown :(
    I posted twice already !! :(
    edited October 2015
    Sorry for the multiple posts :(

edited October 2015
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Expert?
    LOT: La Vie En Rose
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D71571F26B8411E58864C11ECC65F296?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Airis6962&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 18,469
    TOTAL COST: 19,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/AIRIS6962/slideshow/La Vie En Rose
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to make a studio apartment above a shop to get a semblance of being located downtown or very close, to get a more urban appearance, like in "the city". The store is fully simulated. I used pink everywhere because is her favourite color.

05-10-2015_13-47-10.png

05-10-2015_13-47-32.png

SIM: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/32D457C26B8511E588DDC11ECC65F296?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Airis6962&max=50&maxis=false
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/AIRIS6962/slideshow/Tashira Nuvalis
    ENTRY DETAILS: She has childish look, little chest but a bit fat bottom and thighs because she spends much time sitting at the computer. She is petite and has a poorly developed muscles. Pale skin because does not take much sun.

05-10-2015_13-43-57.png

05-10-2015_13-38-22.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods, No Recolors.
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    edited October 2015
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Expert?

ROOM: Sunset View
    Link to Room on Gallery http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6903B3FF6B8511E58942C11ECC65F296?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Airis6962&max=50&maxis=false
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/AIRIS6962/slideshow/La Vie En Rose/Sunset View
    ENTRY DETAILS: Plants and greenery, a fountain and comfortable armchairs in this balcony, though small, cozy from which to contemplate the sunset, alone or with her boyfriend. Smelling the scent of flowers and relax listening to the sound of water from the fountain.

2eef89ab-fce9-4d1d-93f7-7ef9c84a9e7b.png

261c7ae5-ecfc-4d75-87f0-1c6f1738fce1.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods, No Recolors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top