Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it really possible to marry a university sim?

I was scanning one of my discussions earlier and I was told that you can marry a university sim. I never thought this was possible before as I never get the option to propose. I know that inviting them over when you are already home can make the sim incomplete (or at the very least buggy), so I was very surprised to hear that you could use the friendly option to move in. I don't see this option in the friendly menu, all I see is ask to be roommate. I've tried doing friendly interactions up to the point when the admire and compliment options appear, but still- Ask to be roommate is the only option. I have max relationship with the sim, she is not a professor and she is a girlfriend. Were they having me on?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've had quite a few University sims move in to my sim's household - back in his home world though, not in the university world. They were all best friends. I've also invited university sims over, introduced them to his children, and had them invite to move in and marry. I don't know about how such sims some become "incomplete" though. I generally married them off to my sim's children and then moved them out of the house. I always use the "invite foreign guest" option and invite to move in when they arrive. I have heard (if I understood correctly) that using MasterController to add university sims to the household can cause corruption if the sim is a tourist. But I have never done that.

Note: all this was in the home world. I never married or asked a university sim to move in while actually at university. Also, I use lots of NRaas mods, I don't know if that would make any difference as to "incomplete" or (I'd guess) corrupted sims when moving them in to the home neighborhood.

edit: I've since found a thread on the NRaas Chatterbox which says using the MasterController Add Sim function is the best way to do this. I had no idea the other way could corrupt sims or games.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    One thing to remember after you get back to your home world, and invite a university friend over, they always don't show up right away. I had the message saying the friend would be over the next day and it took two or three Sim days for him to show up.

Others have said, though it's not happen to me, that the university friend will come to the town but sometimes they get lost and while they don't show up at your door, they are somewhere in the town.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Yeah I've made my Sim married Sharon. No bugs happen if you do it.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    darcithoms843darcithoms843 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had her call and invite him over then from there move in. She had finished her degree, she's now pregnant so I had him go back and finish his degree. As far as I can tell, the other part is just paused because she's come to visit him in university.
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    If you want to "marry" them at University, and you have the NRaas master controller mod and the "cheats" mod that goes with it, you can click NRaas on the Sim you want to marry, click on intermediate, then "Long term relationship: Category, then just click on the click sign, then a list of Sims and their icons will show up. At the top, you'll see 3 circles. Click the circle/tab to the 3rd, the far right, and you'll search for your Sim. Once you do that, click on your Sim's name and a list of options will come up, i.e friends, best friends forever, enemies, WIFE, FIANCE, you get my drift? Yep, click on Husband/Wife. That's usually how I do it, if I want it to be fast. I hope I helped somebody.
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    You cannot marry and have baby at university. But you can ask them to move in.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You cannot get engaged or become pregnant while at University, but your Uni friends can be invited to visit you when you return to your home world. Warm up the hot tub and gussy up at the mirror and make them want to stay. :)
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    @ rosey1579 - If you are having trouble finding the social interaction to move in try inviting the sim to your home lot first. I have noticed I don't get the social in my sim's pie menu unless they are on the home lot.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited October 2015
    Definitely possible. I've married a University Sim numerous times. I had a hiccough with one, Jeffrey Deane, but married Eddie Muller numerous times and never had an issue. I'm glad they made this possible as it gives more variety to you sims background story. As above though, if you're wanting to get married and start a family actually in the university world, that's not possible. I wouldn't even do it with mods as I'd worry it would seriously ruin something else.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    TkstarzTkstarz Posts: 3 New Member
    In Sims 3 University you can change the lot type from a community lot to a residential lot (my sim started dating someone in a frat when she went to university). Once the lot is converted into a residence you can split up the household. I removed my sim's boyfriend from the frat house and I placed a copy of the desired sim from the university into my library then returned back to my hometown where I placed the copy of the sim into his girlfriend's house, in which he became a playable sim. The only downside is they have to restart their romance, however at least they can finally marry.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top