Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generally speaking... who wants Supernaturals back?

Comments

• Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Not me. I'm still waiting for EA to add an option to disable supernaturals that come with expansion packs that aren't Supernatural. Like aliens, for starters. But I'm sure a Supernatural EP will come in the future and when it comes, I'll be happy for those who want it. Personally, I'll pass, like I always do. Just not my thing.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes, I'd definitely want supernaturals. I don't really mind which ones, the fact genies and witches are my favourites now may be because they are my favourites in Sims 3. But in a new edition I might like another life state more, it depends on how they are developed. I do have three very strong wishes though:

- they must be completely optional, the way they created the genies for example. That's perfect. If you want them you buy/look for the lamp, if you don't you stay away from the lamp (or you just don't free them).
    - slightly related: NO SPAWNING. I don't think there's one single simmer in the whole wide world, not even the biggest supernatural fan, who likes half the town turning into vampires, fairies, werewolves or mermaids. They took care of this and after taking care of it they created the mermaids and that's just really beyond me. They know we hate it, they fixed it and then they give us a new life state that takes over town, unbelievable. Not in Sims 4 please.
    - At least a chance of 50% of getting supernatural offspring. There was a time all my genies got genie kids when they married humans. I loved it, but I understand not everybody did and that's why they adjusted it? I don't know, but when my 19th heir (a genie) got her 6 children the first one was a vampire like his dad, then dad became human and the following 5 kids were all human. That got me really grumpy :angry:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Werewolves and zombies. Oh man, I would love those to make a comeback!
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Mm i wouldnt mind it. I do play with supernatural once in a while. I would like a new occult stage, but i guess i would go with vampires
    giphy.gif

• Options
    littledove22littledove22 Posts: 45 Member
    I'd LOVE to see them come back. Witches and fairies were my favorites. It's already been mentioned in this thread, but I think if they brought them back it would be VERY important to allow us to control whether supernaturals showed up in our game though. Supernaturals obviously aren't for everyone, and while I love them, sometimes I like to just play without them too.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yeah I'd like them, They could have a place in my game!
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I'd LOVE to see them come back. Witches and fairies were my favorites. It's already been mentioned in this thread, but I think if they brought them back it would be VERY important to allow us to control whether supernaturals showed up in our game though. Supernaturals obviously aren't for everyone, and while I love them, sometimes I like to just play without them too.

I love witches and fairies too. If they bring fairies back, they could make the "fairy house" (like the one in TS3) a secret lot.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I prefer "normal" sims to supernaturals, but i like to have the ability to spice up my legacy by having hybrids now and than, so i want more of them back.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I don't really care about any of them aside from witches and vampires, so although I'd like them back it isn't game breaking for me if we never get them. Ironically enough we got the two supernaturals I hate the most, in the TS4 already. Go figure.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm not crazy about supernaturals (in the sims), but even I would still like to see them bring back a bunch of supernatural life states and concepts back in a huge ep. That would be fun.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    hijabi_momma5hijabi_momma5 Posts: 30 Member
    I want toddlers :(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I do! I want supernatural toddlers back. <3 Make alien toddlers possible again Maxis. Besides aliens, I like mermaids, fairies, genies, Servos, plantSims, and a lot of TS2 supernaturals.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I must admit I'm not keen on them coming back. I expect they will. I didn't mind witches and vampires but I hated warewolves and fairies, it felt like my Sims 3 game was overrun with them at times.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    I want supernaturals back, but with an opt-out option. Most of my neighborhoods were heavy on supernaturals, but in some rare few I´d rather not see them.

Absolutely NO brain-eating or virus induced zombies, please! When I hear zombie I think voodoo and I cannot warm up to the modern day zombies picture.

Some general spellcasters tied to no tradition would be great. Just call them wizards and let us players handle the details.

Or summoners that can call upon the aid of spirits/spectral animals for a short duration (maybe after a sacrifice of some garden produce). Spirit guides would enhance skills, speed up learning or confer certain emotions. On a real hight skill level in magic they´d manifest and do household chores.
    TS2 version of zombies were much better.

I actually prefer the TS2 versions of vampire, werewolf, and witch as well. It was interesting having a good and bad witch.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Nope, don't need them, don't want them. :smile:
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Never cared for the supernaturals and I would disable them if we got them again. The one thing I like and the only reason I'd buy is all the content that comes with such a pack.

Ah yes. How I WISH there were a true Sims game in a medieval-fantasy setting!
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    edited October 2015
    I would like werewolves and vampires and witches and fairies back. Vampires and werewolves appear in Spooky Stuff paintings so I think that it's a hint.

I hope that werewolves don't have a face that looks like it caught on fire and then beaten out with a bag of nickels... they weren't well made in Sims 3. And non sparkly vampires, please.

Edit: And mermaids and genies. Oh, and well-made mermaids that come in an EP that doesn't introduce lag....
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    I would like werewolves and vampires and witches and fairies back. Vampires and werewolves appear in Spooky Stuff paintings so I think that it's a hint.

I hope that werewolves don't have a face that looks like it caught on fire and then beaten out with a bag of nickels... they weren't well made in Sims 3. And non sparkly vampires, please.

Dear gods above YES! Vampires in TS4 must NOT sparkle!!!! And yes, you nailed the look of the TS3 werewolves perfectly. They MUST do a better job on them this time around!
  • Options
    HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    I do enjoy playing with supernaturals occasionally but I can also live without them. Having said that, I know they mean a lot to a large percentage of players and they've traditionally always been a part of the franchise so I hope they return soon :)
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'm sure there are a lot of simmers out there who really want Supernatural. I'm not one of them per-say, but I always buy all EP's and SP's anyhow. (This time around it will be EP's and GP's for sure, SP's if I want it enough). With that being said, I'm sure we'll see Supernatural return, I just wonder how in depth it will be to be honest. I could see them doing a GP for Supernatural. I'm indifferent because unlike many other simmers around these parts, if I know the community "loves" a concept I do not particularly, I still rally with them for it because I'm only a part of a bigger group of simmers, ya know? So for me, I could take it or leave it personally, but the demand is high enough that I definitely support it.

For me right now my biggest EP requests are Seasons and Superstar. I don't think "The Sims 4" needs a night life EP. It was already touched on in the base game, being expanded on in Get Together and can be added onto through a Superstar/Showtime theme. A city world fits perfect for this theme. It's like how LN and ST were so similar it annoyed people. It was like 2 EP's that should have been just 1. Some hot lounges for some bougy R&R, performance venues, jobs associated with celebrity, maybe the possibility to be a singer/magician again? Actor instead of Acrobat? I think this theme is a perfect way to bring use the "Downtown Life" and "celebrity life" in one EP. GP's can supplement smaller aspects of both.And Seasons... well... because The Sims game ain't been the same since Sims 2 Seasons was released in 2007. LOL
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited October 2015
    Personally, I am OK with supernaturals provided we have options and my whole town doesn't turn into a zoo.

Zombies are special case. I am bored to tears with zombies in computer games, so if they add them then these better get added to build mode:

Bao-shotgun.jpg
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    Yes please.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Personally, I am OK with supernaturals provided we have options and my whole town doesn't turn into a zoo.

Zombies are special case. I am bored to tears with zombies in computer games, so if they add them then these better get added to build mode:

Bao-shotgun.jpg

I love your posts :D
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Werewolves. Now the question will be how make hybrids at my family as i no want start a new game
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »

Bao-shotgun.jpg

I love your posts :D

:grin:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison