Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE CONTINUING THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
-Built Lots in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek worlds may be replaced (with the same lot type)
-You are free to evict and/or delete any Sims except The Heir from House 007
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE PLAYING JUST HOUSE 008
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Parkshore Lot in Willow Creek world
-Demolish the Parkshore Lot
-Set the Parkshore Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER
Create one Sim who is a:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, you will need to make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Normal

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-In Game Options set Season length as as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter onto the Parkshore Residential Lot in Willow Creek
-You may select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays or Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Sell or Delete any objects that The Drifter has brought along in their inventory
*If you choose to keep any items, you must deduct the cost of the object(s) from the Active Household Funds before ANY object(s) are allowed to be purchased
-Drop the Active Household Funds to $0 Simoleons (testingcheats on + Money 0)
-Save your game
-Make a backup save (start of House 008)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 008 without losing all prior world progress

THE PLAYABLE SIMS THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE ARE:
-The Drifter (the previous heir coming from House 007 if you are continuing)
*The Sim you created if you are just doing House 008
-The Three Adopted Sims
-The Heir
*All other Household Sims are considered non-playable who may only be controlled using options available through their portrait in the bottom left hand corner

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 008
1. As a minimum create a 5 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom home worth at least $50k Simoeons

2. Achieve level 10 of the Author branch of the Writer career

-You MUST adopt a baby upon receiving the following promotions:
Blogger (level 2)
Freelance Article Writer (level 3)
Advice Columnist (level 4)
If The Drifter does not start at level 1 of the Writer career, adoptions will need to place on the 1st, 2nd and then 3rd promotions

3. All three Adopted Sims, as well as The Heir must each complete one of the following Child Aspirations (each child shall complete a different Aspiration so that all four Aspirations are completed between the four children)
-Artistic Prodigy
-Rambunctious Scamp
-Social Butterfly
-Whiz Kid

4. Produce and raise The Heir to the Young Adult life stage
*When The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage, you must stop game play and save if you are continuing on to House 009

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used
*Vampire babies cannot be considered as The Heir

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any other Required Goal was not completed before The Heir ages to Young Adult
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
$1k Simoleons sitting in Active Household Funds is required ANY time you travel to:
-Party or Event locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host
-Willow Creek - to access the tree to Sylvan Glade
-Sylvan Glade
-Parks
-The Grotto
-Nightclubs
-Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat needed)
-The Bluffs (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Ruins (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Von Haunt Estate (Get Together needed) - invite required
-Club locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host (Get Together needed)
-Festival locations (City Living needed) - invite required
-Restaurants (Dine Out needed)
-Vet Clinics (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Selvadorada (Jungle Adventures needed)
-Strangerville (Strangerville needed) - to purchase items from the Curio vendor
-Beaches (Island Living Needed)
-Glimmerbrook - to access the portal to the Magic Realm (Realm Of Magic needed)
-The Magic Realm *HQ, Gardens, Dueling Grounds and Casters Alley* (Realm Of Magic needed)

*The Active Household Funds requirement does not apply if you travel to:
-Visit the Final Resting Place of Sims - to strengthen ties or release spirits
-Lots required for work or Aspiration Milestones - for the required updates
-Retail Lots that the Active Household owns (Get To Work needed)
-Hospital (Get To Work needed)
-Police Station (Get To Work needed)
-Science Station (Get To Work needed)
-Sixam (Get To Work needed)

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In any number of them
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

NON-PLAYABLE SIMS CAN:
-Redeem their points in the Rewards Store
-Answer phones and respond to pop-up events
-Use the following interactions:
*Blow Out Candles, Make A Wish, or Taste Frosting (Age Up)
*Change Outfit
*Claim Bed
-Spend Fame Points (Get Famous needed)

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Use any age altering or life prolonging items
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter, the three adopted Sims or The Heir should any of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)
-Have any of your Playable Sims become a Vampire (Vampires needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited September 2019
    GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIFTING!!
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited October 2015
    Oooh my, this is gonna be a full house. Luckily Glenda comes from a big family :p

This seems like it's going to be really tough. Have to think a bit on a strategy before I get started.

After looking at where the lot is at, I realize it's not going to be quite as daunting as I feared. Well thought out @vihisha :)
    Post edited by MocaJava on
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Vihisha! I have been playing and enjoying the Drifter challenge for two months. I have almost completed house 007 - my heir is a couple of days from becoming YA. He has an A at high school so he will start his career at level 3. So how will I go about with the adoption?
    MocaJava wrote: »
    After looking at where the lot is at, I realize it's not going to be quite as daunting as I feared. Well thought out @vihisha :)
    Hee hee Having some amenities nearby help :smiley:
    Good luck on this house mini-challenge...I hope u enjoy it!!!

@Tiipii So glad 2 hear that you've been playing The Drifter Challenge...& from the sounds of it...r enjoying playing! :smiley:
    In your case...I'd say that adoptions need 2 take place @ lvl 4 of career then...then 5, 6, & woohoo for baby unlocks lvl 7
    *I will b adding this information into the rules above* Thank-u so much 4 helping address this potential question 4 others! :smile:
    Again...ALWAYS glad 2 c a "new" Drifter!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    ADDITION 2 THE ABOVE RULES
    R AS FOLLOWS:

**If your Main Sim should start off the Writer Career higher than LVL 1, then the adoption times will be based on 1st, 2nd & 3rd promotions & "unlock" of the Try For Baby Command after the 4th promotion**

Happy Drifting! :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    This sounds fun. I love big families and have never adopted. I have a shell already in my library for this I think, need to look at number of bedrooms. If not, I will find something. I won't be able to start until Saturday though. I have two days off then back to work for 3 but then I have 6 days OFF ...to play play play..can't wait. :)

I also have to take a look at the lot and what I have already built around there if anything. I do know of one or two houses...will have to see what fits in with the rest. Or I might go Victorian this time around..we shall see...so many ideas. My heir went with Computer Whiz so he has the quick learner trait, plus he is a genius and a geek...this should be good. Can't wait to get started. Okay time to scout out a floor plan...

Good luck everybody. :)
    Tiipii wrote: »
    Hi Vihisha! I have been playing and enjoying the Drifter challenge for two months. I have almost completed house 007 - my heir is a couple of days from becoming YA. He has an A at high school so he will start his career at level 3. So how will I go about with the adoption?

Welcome Tiippii so glad you have been playing. Always nice when others are playing along with you. :) Feel free to post some pics or whatever. I would enjoy seeing them if you feel like sharing. If not, drop in and let us know how you are getting along.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    This sounds fun. I love big families and have never adopted.
    I was really counting on this from a lot of Drifters...do something different 4 just about everyone LOL
    I won't be able to start until Saturday though. I have two days off then back to work for 3 but then I have 6 days OFF ...to play play play..can't wait. :)
    Saturday is JUST around the corner :smile: I hope u have fun on ALL those days off....how nice!!
    I also have to take a look at the lot and what I have already built around there if anything. I do know of one or two houses...will have to see what fits in with the rest. Or I might go Victorian this time around..we shall see...so many ideas. My heir went with Computer Whiz so he has the quick learner trait, plus he is a genius and a geek...this should be good. Can't wait to get started. Okay time to scout out a floor plan...
    I can't wait 2 c what u build this time around! :smiley:
    Sounds like you've got your heir all set u & ready 2 get crackin' LOL

HAPPY DRIFTING!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Okay so I have to many houses to build now. I think I am going to save my victorians for the bigger lots just because they are more grand. Like that one hood over there with the bigger lots in Willow Creek. I don't know we will see what I can do. Victorians are hard but I have some on graph paper. Went a little nuts last night looking up stuff on the internet. LOL.

5 bedrooms homes are tough especially with Victorians because they tend to be limiting in space in some ways due to the towers etc. I did find one house I liked that is 5 bedrooms but it is not a house I LOVE..but I may be able to work it into something I love.

Okay so I am rambling now because I am excited. Off to build some shells then on to the challenge. LOVE this challenge already. Can't wait to adopt some kids as I have never done it...love how these drifter challenges gives us new things to try. I had not even thought about adoption. Not sure why, just never have. I guess because I always like genetics and seeing how they change. Okay enough of me going on and on...off to build and play. :)

Edit: SO weird, I just NOW got the option to update my game. I had no idea there was a patch. In other news, my work just gave me a gift cert for my birthday ...visa gift card to be exact for 100 bucks. Looks like I am getting Get together and the Spooky stuff...probably some other stuff....as it comes out..hope the card works on Origin.
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
    I decided to wait on the Victorians because we don't have conic roofs yet. I can make them but they are kind of tough. I had to do it for this house I just made but not happy about it. This house was much harder to build than it looks. I like it though. Now, to wait for my sims to afford the shell LOL. Maybe I will get to play sometime this weekend. I am still building.
    edited October 2015
    Oh MC Command Center, you so crazy.

Ok, so I have it programmed so there can be pregnancy without marriage and Glenda's sister Charlene got pregnant by this guy named Spenser. A couple sim days later her other sister Pauline got pregnant too...BY THE SAME GUY. Awkward... :D

Edit: OMG he's impregnated like 5 different women now...what a player! :#

Pauline and Charlene had their kids...neither of them are green. Glenda is expecting now, keeping my fingers crossed.
    LOVE this challenge already. Can't wait to adopt some kids as I have never done it...love how these drifter challenges gives us new things to try. I had not even thought about adoption. Not sure why, just never have.
    This right here is my aim!!!

I hope that u enjoy this house mini-challenge...I cannot wait 2 watch your journey!
    Victorian houses r quite a nightmare 2 build & I agree...w/out conical roof tools they just NEVER look right ><
    Your work gave u an AWESOME gift cart..gratz on being able 2 get some content that u do not already have...& 2 b able 2 pre-order Get Together! Happy (late) Birthday!! :wink:

rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Glenda had her baby, for the first time in a long time in this family I've got a male heir. Unfortunately he has his Dad's skin color (well he did as a baby, look below). The alien genes seem to be disappearing :'(

Edit: I'm wondering if there's some kind of bug going on here. Here's Glenda's husband:

YblBT6E.png

Here's their son:
    eoS2hWG.png

Here's the father of Pauline and Charlene's kids:
    3JHUJlf.png

Here's their kids:
    8bRHWeT.png

LUuAU3n.png

Is it translating the green skin into dark skin instead? Or maybe a recessive dark gene, there were some dark skinned people back a few generations.

EDIT 2: Glenda's brother Abraham just had a purple alien baby with his girlfriend, so apparently it was just luck of the draw. Sure, NOW we get a kid that's purple like Abby was lol.

@MocaJava That is strange. I have had that happen with eye color. I had TWO blue eyed ..well one aqua and one blue eyed person have a brown eyed child which was 2 generations back...a great grand parent I think. But it IS odd that no one got her color. Unless...is she half alien? She is..I believe. If so, that might explain it because the other skin color would be more dominant. I keep throwing aqua eyes into the gene pool hoping SOMEONE gets them sheesh. Hasn't happened yet. I also wish they could get freckles. But sadly those are not passed down.
    edited October 2015
    @MocaJava That is strange. I have had that happen with eye color. I had TWO blue eyed ..well one aqua and one blue eyed person have a brown eyed child which was 2 generations back...a great grand parent I think. But it IS odd that no one got her color. Unless...is she half alien? She is..I believe. If so, that might explain it because the other skin color would be more dominant. I keep throwing aqua eyes into the gene pool hoping SOMEONE gets them sheesh. Hasn't happened yet. I also wish they could get freckles. But sadly those are not passed down.

Glenda's mother was 1/4, dad was full blooded, so...I guess close enough to being half. My drifter in house 2 married a medium skinned hispanic guy, their son was the same skin color and he married a black woman. My heir from that house was colored like her father and her sister was darker like her mother. Then the alien DNA got introduced. So yeah, there's a gene for dark skin in the family, it just hasn't been showing because of the alien DNA dominating. I guess I forgot about that.

edit: Abraham's daughter is now a child and she looks like a full blooded alien. Maybe her mother is an alien in disguise.

Glenda's mother was 1/4, dad was full blooded, so...I guess close enough to being half. My drifter in house 2 married a medium skinned hispanic guy, their son was the same skin color and he married a black woman. My heir from that house was colored like her father and her sister was darker like her mother. Then the alien DNA got introduced. So yeah, there's a gene for dark skin in the family, it just hasn't been showing because of the alien DNA dominating. I guess I forgot about that.

edit: Abraham's daughter is now a child and she looks like a full blooded alien. Maybe her mother is an alien in disguise.

I found it odd that your different colored skins always wind up on the people who are not heirs. This has happened before with Randolph. How strange is that? Your heirs end up with normal kids while their brother or sister end up with the kids you wish you had LOL. None of my heirs brothers or sisters reproduced that I can recall. I always wound up dragging them to the new house.

I found it odd that your different colored skins always wind up on the people who are not heirs. This has happened before with Randolph. How strange is that? Your heirs end up with normal kids while their brother or sister end up with the kids you wish you had LOL. None of my heirs brothers or sisters reproduced that I can recall. I always wound up dragging them to the new house.

It's such a bummer that the side of the family I don't play always ends up with the traits I want. I have MC Command Center so it randomly causes marriages/pregnancies for the unplayed sims so maybe the mod is better at genetics than the game in general, I don't know.
    Thanks, Vi, for answering my question. And thank you, Glimmer, for the warm welcome.

I am doing fine with house 008. My sim just reached level 7 of the career and is allowed to try for baby. If you have noticed, the game creates a lot of single mom, one baby/child households with each adoption. My targeted spouse is one of these single moms. But since the rules say "All individuals that join the household must be moved in using the Move In interaction..." can I move her in because she comes with a child?
    But since the rules say "All individuals that join the household must be moved in using the Move In interaction..." can I move her in because she comes with a child?
    ABSOLUTELY! When u ask a Sim 2 move-in....if there r others in the family u choose 2 "pull" on w/them...go 4 it...just make sure that you household count still allots 4 an heir 2 b produced (before doing so). The child that your potential spouse brings in does NOT count as heir or adopted children. That child will b completely un-playable the length of this mini-challenge, so u will not b completing an aspiration on them or controlling them except aging them up on their birthday.

rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Sooo, let me see if I understand this. My Sim started his career at level 3 so he needs to adopt 2 kids immediately. Is that right?

Tippii asked this question and you said:
    @Tiipii So glad 2 hear that you've been playing The Drifter Challenge...& from the sounds of it...r enjoying playing! :smiley:
    In your case...I'd say that adoptions need 2 take place @ lvl 4 of career then...then 5, 6, & woohoo for baby unlocks lvl 7
    *I will b adding this information into the rules above* Thank-u so much 4 helping address this potential question 4 others!

Then the rules says:
    *If your Main Sim should start off the Writer Career higher than LVL 1, then the adoption times will be based on 1st, 2nd & 3rd promotions & "unlock" of the Try For Baby Command after the 4th promotion**

So, I am totally confused. Sooo, I adopt at level 4, 5, 6? Then try for baby after level 7?

Wait..maybe I am reading the rules wrong...you say based on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd promotions NOT at level 1,2 and 3 because holy cow I would have 2 kids already.

ETA: Okay I am going along with what you told Tippii. I am level 3 now so no kid. I didn't even realize I would start at level 3. Okay then at level 4 I will adopt a child, level 5 adopt a child then level 6 adopt a child. Try for baby at level 7. I think I got it ...correct me if I am wrong.
    Glimmer, I have done the adoptions like you intend to do: first adoption after the first promotion (from lvl 3 to lvl 4), then after my sim was promoted to level 5 and again when he was promoted to level 6. Now he on level 7 and the heir has been born.

And thanks Vi for clearing up the matter of moving in a spouse with a child. I went ahead and moved the wife and her child in before you answered my question. But I made sure to save before the move so 1 would have been able to go back if your answer would have been no. I have seven sims in the household after the birth of my heir, so the household is not even full yet. And now I am off to play and age up the baby. It's always exciting to see what the child will look like.
    Thanks @Tiipii that is what I am doing too. I just did my first adoption and he got married. They are all still out on the lawn LOL. No house yet.
    ETA: Okay I am going along with what you told Tippii. I am level 3 now so no kid. I didn't even realize I would start at level 3. Okay then at level 4 I will adopt a child, level 5 adopt a child then level 6 adopt a child. Try for baby at level 7. I think I got it ...correct me if I am wrong.
    Yep yep yep! This is correct!! :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
    And thanks Vi for clearing up the matter of moving in a spouse with a child.
    U betcha! :smile:
    I have seven sims in the household after the birth of my heir, so the household is not even full yet. And now I am off to play and age up the baby. It's always exciting to see what the child will look like.
    Wow! U certainly have a "full" house in some essences LOL I love it! & I agree w/u...I always look forward 2 seeing what the children will look like....I think having the adopted babies will b even more fun since u don't know what genes they might have!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I am loving this challenge @Vihisha It is SO much fun. Yes, yes I love to see what the kids look like because you don't know when you choose them as a baby. Adopting is so fun. @Tiipii WOW, you have a ton of Sims in your house. How cool is that? I plan on that to. I love a full house. If you get a chance I would love to see some pictures. :)

Anyway, I have Chapter one up on my blog, breadcrumbs:

1. New Beginnings
    Hello All!! This is George Banks checking in, our heir from House 007. Life was getting a little crowded at the Banks house so I decided to strike out on my own. Something that us Banks just like to do. It is in our blood I guess. The goal is to build a HUGE house with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Also, I want to adopt some children. I just LOVE kids and I feel sorry for those little ones that don’t have homes. It is sad really so I intend to remedy that situation and have a big family. I also LOVE to write so I will doing tons of that too. Okay let’s get started. Here is a picture of me. Good ole Banks portrait:
    pZ5VHYi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top