Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 to Sims 3

I just moved in with new roommates and one of them is allowing me to install Sims 3 on his PC. The reason I don't play Sims 3 was because I always had a MAC and it was crashing all the time. As of now I'm much more motivated to start from scratch with Sims 3 than wasting my time being disappointed in Sims 4. I can't think of a single thing i'll be missing when I go back. Has anyone gone back to Sims 3 and missed something about Sims 4?

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I will never go back unless I go get my Emily Elson fix... Which isn't that often. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    TS3 is like Skyrim, @aaronrulz. Once you got into it, you never left.

In all seriousness, it's better to have both for the full experience it provides. Add in TS2 for a good retrospective, and you definitely appreciate the pains it took to make some of the preceding games.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I missed the multitasking in 4 when I was playing with my supernaturals in 3, and being free of funky lag and not having that "stir crazy" moodlet for having them stay at home building skills. Skill building in 3 was really boring to be honest. At least in 4 you can socialize while cooking.

In 4 I missed having my plumbots around, being able to spend copious amounts of money on things, and the variety of job tracks. Going to work gets pretty boring after a while in 4. I also wish there was university or boarding school in 4 where your kids would just come back with traits you haven't thought of picking and neat skills.

I can't win, so I play both often. LOL. Both games have their ups and downs for me, but to each their own. :)
  • stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    edited September 2015
    The sims 3 is my fav of the series, but only because of the open world.

There are a lot of things new to the sims 4 that I wish was in my sims 3 game: easy build tools; ability to make sims of different ethnicities; improved genetics; face and body shaping tools; electric and water being 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off instead of the repo man; and breastfeeding. I also like how kids can play instruments again, and how they have more skill building toys and more toys in general, and I like the added excercise equipment - very minor things. These are the things I miss from the sims 4 when I play sims 3.

I hate the sims 4 mostly because it doesn't have an open world.

The sims 3 can have lag and long load times. I know over time, they patched the game to the point that mine no longer lag. If mine did lag then it was because of programs running in the background. Like my browser, that I had to close b4 playing. Long load times before I could play the game was a problem. Once inside the world, I had no probs. There are a lot of bugs, too, that they didn't fix. Not surprisingly, the sims 4 has a lot of bugs right out the gate, too. But, I'd rather deal with all the sims 3 bugs and other prob and have a open world, than have tons of bugs still and lots of load screens added on top of it.

Going back to sims 1 or 2 is just too old for me, and I can't deal with the load screens, especial the long load screens in sims 2. Plus, the games are just too old-school for me, and sims 3 is getting there, too.
    Post edited by stacylynn79 on
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    i don't even know what happened to my Sims 2 games. I must of thrown them away when Sims 3 came out. Well i'm going to install Sims 3 tomorrow and see how I feel. I do remember long long nights getting sucked into Sims 3 hours and hours on end (the times it didn't crash) Never did that with Sims 4.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    TS3 was a frustrating experience on MAC. Part of the reason why I enjoy playing so much right now is because I finally have a PC that's good for TS3. I haven't missed anything about 4 now that I've gone back to 3. But I missed a ton of stuff about 3 while I was playing 4. I hope you have fun with the game.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    I moved back to TS3 lately too. In fact, I just learned modding for TS3 and am adapting the game according to my own preferences. NRaas being open-source now helps a tremendous lot too.

Here are some things I miss from TS4:
    - TS4 seems to be generally more stable, and data files are kept cleaner. I encountered less game-breaking bugs in TS4 than TS3. When I did, exporting the household to the gallery and starting a new save helped. In TS3, the corrupted data would get exported along with the household. That's just from my own experience, and YMMV.
    - I prefer the lighting of TS4.
    - Create-a-Sim.
    - Modding is much easier in TS4. More things are tunable via XML than having to write custom scripts from scratch.
    - The aging options in TS4. Love to have immortal sims watching the rest of the town age. There's a potion for that in TS3, but I prefer it as a game option.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My plan is to play both, they're so different.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm glad you get to experience The Sims 3, it's a great game :3 well I love it, hope you use the EPs too.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    If you press me on the matter, I'll offer that I miss the Disney-like animation of the TS4 Sims. But that's about it.
  • jfoxy06jfoxy06 Posts: 31 Member
    I was all gung-ho for The Sims 4 for the first few months, but about a month ago reinstalled The Sims 3 and love it so much more than I did before. I agree, 4 has made me really appreciate the smaller details in 3. There's way more to do (just my opinion and the way I play), I feel like I can be more creative when it comes to building and decorating, and the boredom and repetition I felt with 4 was gone. The Sims 4 is pretty to look at, The Sims 3 is more fun to play.
  • dixiebelledixiebelle Posts: 19 Member
    I really like sims 4. I don't know why everyone is complaining.Yes, I miss a few things. But I always did when we started over.Toddlers aren't that big of a deal to me.It was always a pain to grow them up okay anyway.I can finally build a house and it doesn't just look like a box with a roof on it.It looks like a real house.I'm getting pretty good at it.I think SIMS 4 IS GREAT!!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think SIMS 4 IS GREAT!!

It's a great mobile game - indeed.
    I didn't write that. :/ Sims 4 is just mediocre. It's neither good or plum.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    There are parts to multi-tasking that I like and miss in TS3. I like that my sim can have a cookie and coffee for breakfast and I can direct the conversation he has with his wife while he's eating. The sims in TS3 will talk to each other while eating but I can't direct it. I don't like single sims taking hours to do simple things because they're waiting to multi-task. For instance no matter how much you savor that BLT, it shouldn't take 2 hours for you to eat it in a room by yourself.

The routing is better in TS4. There is a lot less standing around waving, stomping and yelling because they can't figure out how to get around the couch in TS4.

• Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I am back to the sims 3 too, when it will play on my computer. For some reason it randomly plays now. Anyway, I miss the looks of the sims in sims 4, the sims 3 sims aren't very pretty at all unless I have loads Of CC on them. I also miss multitasking and auto needs feel. That's about all.
  • jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    i kinda did what you did, so when the sims 4 started i totally ditched sims 3 and forgot all about it about half way through sims 4 i started to question how dump i am for getting this game and forgetting about sims 3 or now i'm back with sims 3 fully committed i just visit the sims 4 to create sims and decorate :) but i yeah i also went back to the legend and i'm having a blast even more than before actually the sims 4 made me appreciate the sims 3 even more
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2015
    There are parts to multi-tasking that I like and miss in TS3. I like that my sim can have a cookie and coffee for breakfast and I can direct the conversation he has with his wife while he's eating. The sims in TS3 will talk to each other while eating but I can't direct it. I don't like single sims taking hours to do simple things because they're waiting to multi-task. For instance no matter how much you savor that BLT, it shouldn't take 2 hours for you to eat it in a room by yourself.

The routing is better in TS4. There is a lot less standing around waving, stomping and yelling because they can't figure out how to get around the couch in TS4.
    I always wonder when people say that..., because they really hardly do that in my Sims 3 game. And I make my sims live in pretty small houses.
    edit: one exeption, the kitchen when you order more of them to eat
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I agree the routing in Sims 4 is better as well as some other things but they cut out so much to achieve those ends and I expect better features along with the better routing and multitasking. In some aspects the graphics are nice, but I did not mind the graphics in Sims 3 as long as I had good features and fun. I barely boot up Sims 4 anymore because soon as I am in, I have no zest to play like I did with Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Have fun with the Sims 3!!! Remember to install some mods from NRaas to make your playing more enjoyable, the main ones would be Story Progression, master Controller, Error Trap, and there's another that I can't think of right now.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I will be honest. The only thing I missed was the new CAS, because making different bodies just made my sims look extra diverse. But that's it.

I still have lots of things I haven't done in Sims 3 :-D
  • TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    As a player of both, I really like reading skill books on the toilet, or watching TV while running. The multitasking is great. I miss it when I go back to TS3, which isn't that often.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Before TS4 had Get to Work, I tried to go back to TS3 (and then TS2 when that didn't work). In TS3 the sims themselves killed me. I didn't like the pudding faces, only being able to do one thing at a time, not being able to move a teen out on their own, how long it took to remodel furniture, the game freezing glitches I would run into, and always having to be sure to clear my caches after closing the game down. Not to mention the launcher being unable to display all of the store content I own.

I missed the expressiveness of my Sims 4 sims... their multitasking... the build mode... and how they can slip through narrow spots inside their homes and don't require full tiles for movement, and I missed TS4 CAS deeply! There were other things too, but those are the primary ones. TS2 is my all time favorite Sims Installment, but I couldn't stay playing that either. I like the smoothness of gameplay in 4... but 4 has a lot less content than the other games since it's still new. So only time will tell if it can maintain that smoothness as more SPs, GPs, and EPs pile in. TS4 has things that need fixing, but I appreciate how it runs for smoother for me than TS3 did. TS2 always ran fine for me, I just can't play it without A LOT of CC. hahahahaha
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg