Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spooky Stuff Pack Mileage

I'm thinking about, long-term how much I'll use the stuff in SS. I do like building haunted houses with a sort of slightly cartoony feel so I'll probably get some mileage out of the decorations. Although I *could* extend my use of the museum as a community center and keep holiday-specific versions in the bin and swap them out.

As for the outfits aside from the pirate coats and children's costumes I'm not sure I'll use them all that much, though. I suppose I could make a Dr. McNinja sim, though. Perhaps it'll have the stuff to make a creepy forest camp site or you could make a rentable haunted house (with Outdoor whatever) and have teens or unsuspecting sims spend the night there? I do run a bakery (I have some sims who, story-wise, do not cook or bake so they need to buy birthday cakes since most people don't hire a caterer for a smaller family party).

I don't have sims throw parties that often, usually just birthdays with the fam from other households so I'm not sure if I'd do a costume party, although it could be a fun option for my social teens or children.

Comments

• The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I think it'll be more useful for when Seasons is released for Spooky day, Have a party, wear the costumes, carve pumpkins, go to the haunted house etc. I'd hope we get bobbing for apples, raking leafs, jumping in leafs, pumpkin pie, candy apples, more scented candles and more back in an actual seasons pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think it'll be more useful for when Seasons is released for Spooky day, Have a party, wear the costumes, carve pumpkins, go to the haunted house etc. I'd hope we get bobbing for apples, raking leafs, jumping in leafs, pumpkin pie, candy apples, more scented candles and more back in an actual seasons pack.

If we get carnivals and amusement parks haunted houses will work year round.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    So far, I am loving all the SPs and GPs. Look forward to the EP in November. I think they all add to my gaming experience and each additional pack made make my Sims funny.
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    In general I like a lot of the packs, but with so many packs you can sort of pick and choose which you think you'll use. Spooky Stuff was the first one that I kind of questioned how much I would use. Although a haunted house could be great if you have a goth group in Get Together...
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Thats the problem with this game "Replay Value"
    Get To Work careers lost their value completely after you discovered all of them. Doing them again and again makes the game linear and boring.

How many times will you play a Halloween party? 2 - 3? end of the day they will be just costumes that will make your game slower the more packs are added

I would have preferred if this was a game pack instead that comes with a spooky world plus all the objects/costumes to go with. That would have changed the replay value of it.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • JorjorJorjor Posts: 36 Member
    I think it looks fun and is something different to do in the game. I'm happy that they release new game play faster then The Sims 3. I feel like you always had to wait around for new things to come out.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'll be using it more so than I plan to once Supernatural comes out, Seasons isn't the only EP Spooky Stuff can work with.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I may only use the stuff once a year for the month of October, but I'm okay with that. It's only $10 and if I play this game for the next several years, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth out of it.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Thats the problem with this game "Replay Value"
    Get To Work careers lost their value completely after you discovered all of them. Doing them again and again makes the game linear and boring.

How many times will you play a Halloween party? 2 - 3? end of the day they will be just costumes that will make your game slower the more packs are added

I would have preferred if this was a game pack instead that comes with a spooky world plus all the objects/costumes to go with. That would have changed the replay value of it.

I think it can be used more than people may think. It's like GTW- you're correct about the careers getting boring and repetitive but there's nothing to say you can't open your own lab. Combine it with gardening and open a splicing green house, then clone everything and sell it. It's just looking at the stuff and thinking how can this be used differently than the name on the package says it can be used. No one looks at sand and says, oh well it's just sand. I guess I'll wiggle my toes in it and be bored. No, they get a cup and a stick and get to work turning it into something else. JMO. I'm really looking forward to this pack. For ten dollars I think it's a good deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    I have never considered the sims games to have replay value because, well, they don't really "end". There's still features in sims 1 and 2 I am discovering (or just never played with). Obviously I'm not still playing the same neighborhood 15 years on but for me it's a progression with no end.

GTW careers are really boring, I'm sorry. I kind of with they just fleshed out running your own businesses more. The work lots, however, do offer a chance to meet and socialize with co-workers you don't otherwise have, which I think is neat. Ambitions is one of my favorite packs but some careers added more than others.

For me I play with a narrative and the packs need to contribute to that - Ambitions and World Adventures meant I could have a globe-trotting professional photographer with a different lover in every part of the world... OK nrass' traveler helped too.

The point is... I look at packs with the new options they open up to me for telling my stories. Spa day ended up providing (1) a new venue for my "queen bees" to be cliquey at and I used some patio stuff and Outdoor Retreat to make a themed spa resort in the mountains.

Speaking of OR that added camping, which is a great bonding experience for friends and family. It has roots in reality but still has dramatic potential. Weekending camping trips have also sort of become the male-bonding opposite to my spas (not that they are specifically reserved for genders, in fact my single most outdoorsy sim is female, married to a sporty-tech geek).

So my questions is... do themed clubs and parties add $10 worth of narrative to my game? I'm thinking yes.