Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims Medieval Worth Buying?

Is it, because I don't want to waste my money if it's not.
Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Many have asked that.
    For me, no sims is wasting money. Maybe you should watch some videos about that game.
    Or you should buy Deluxe Pack from Origin. Retailers may sell that expensive.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I really liked the game but if you get it don't expect it to be like other sims games. You cannot build the children do not grow up and you can only control one sim. It is very scripted having said all that it a lot of fun :)
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    I really liked the game but if you get it don't expect it to be like other sims games. You cannot build the children do not grow up and you can only control one sim. It is very scripted having said all that it a lot of fun :)

Okay thanks :)
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Many have asked that.
    For me, no sims is wasting money. Maybe you should watch some videos about that game.
    Or you should buy Deluxe Pack from Origin. Retailers may sell that expensive.

Okay thanks :)
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    edited August 2015
    Like already mentioned Sims Medieval is not really like other Sims games, where everything is about familys, building houses, creating sims, relationships, building skills and the likes.
    Medieval is much more similar to a RPG, where you have a few 'heroes' which you develop through out the game. There are only two needs (sleeping and eating), two traits (plus one negative), you don't built the homes yourself but you can furniture and decorate them (e.g. the Monarch will live in the Castle while the Wizard gets a Tower). The major difference probably is, you are usually following quests and ambitions with the heros (the quests are similar to the ones you get in Sims 3 WA but surely an improved version), and you can marry and have kids but it doesn't effect the game much, you aren't able to play either of them; it is just for the mood and rp-effect.
    If you are unsure, you could have a look at Carl's The Sims Medieval Guide, most aspects of the game are explained there, so you can see if this sounds interesting to you or not.

If you do like other RPGs you will probably like Sims Medieval as well, the theme is Fantasy-Medieval all over :)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    you can only control one sim
    Actually, if you're doing a quest that has more than one hero, you can play more than 1.

• BruceSF55BruceSF55 Posts: 135 Member
    I really loved it. I have the Pirates expansion too. However it stopped working when I upgraded to windows 8.1. I am still waiting for my windows 10 upgrade and I am hoping that will fix the problem.
    AMariseS wrote: »
    Actually, if you're doing a quest that has more than one hero, you can play more than 1.

That's true but it's still not at the same time.

• AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member

Hm. I play them like I do my TS3 Simmies... In Wedding, for example, I can queue up both of the Heroes & switch between them just like I do with my contemporary Sims.
  • SinfoniaSinfonia Posts: 3 New Member
    IMHO, it's different, but not neccesarily worse. I would not, however, pay $80 for it, like Swedish game stores would have me do (yikes).
    I found it in a used game shop for $15 and it was well worth it, especially if you enjoy the the medieval time period.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member

You can play with hero sim, only. Heros are Monarch, Spy, Knight, Wizard, Priests, Brad, Physician, Wizard, Merchant and Blacksmith are heros in that game.
    Quests are required to play with them. If you have reached into state, when free play is available, you can choose any hero to play and switch them, if you want.
    So, in The Sims Medieval, you can control 11 sims.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I don't regret buying it, but I don't really play it. To me, I don't like the fact that I can't zoom in on my sims, and the graphics are definitely a couple steps back from sims3. To make matters worse there's very little content in the game due to lack of eps. When I plan TSM, I want to milk cows, ride horses, and garden and then I realize I can do all those things in sims3 so I play s3 medieval style. Of course, it takes a lot of work to play s3 medieval style, it's like herding cats. So, don't play medieval style, but I might go back to sims2 for that.

It's so sad because when they announced it I instantly went over the moon, but after 6 months waiting patiently for a game that I thought would allow me to finally play a medieval game without having to makeshift everything I realized that it was going to be a stripped down game. I don't get it, why did they even bother?

I'm not sure why I don't regret buying it. I guess feel like buying the game I was "voting" for there to be a future, hopefully better version.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I think it's a brilliant and wonderful game. If you think you can't zoom in, perhaps you missed the tutorial on how to play. This is my Hansi Hinterseer (bard) from the game. And this Photo is taken by zooming in.
    Hansi.jpg

to see the difference when I haven't zoomed in, this is Hansi singing;
    Hansi-sing.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • xsullenlyxxsullenlyx Posts: 144 Member
    It is a beautiful game and very engrossing IMO. I go on binges with it once and awhile... but the lack of Expansion Packs and new content is a bummer...
    2036176pjlfatum3s.gif
    Yes it went the way of Sim City 2013, they dropped it. There was a lot of disappointed people on the dedicated forums.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    I got it for $7 through Origin. The best dollar to fun ratio ever. I love the game, and since Sims 4 is so bad, it's been nice to have something else to play.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yes it went the way of Sim City 2013, they dropped it. There was a lot of disappointed people on the dedicated forums.

Disappointed people come from not having enough patience to be familiar with the game and how to play. If you think it's another Sims 1, 2, 3, you are so wrong. The game has a fine "learn how to play" tutorial, which should be watched before starting.

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited October 2015
    I enjoy playing it with the pirates and noble EP but it was a huge disappointment and not worth what I paid for it in my opinion. I've been playing it recently after becoming bored with TS4 and enjoy it much better having let go of the expectations of it being a sims game. I must admit to random sadness and thoughts of "Wow, wouldn't it be freaking FANTASTIC, if they had a medieval version of the sims?" I think I'm kind of on board with what AthenaOnyx posted. @clayworld...yeah definitely worth it for $7.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I was very disappointed in it. Bought it on release day, thought it looked pretty, but quickly got bored by the linear quests and non-challenging gameplay. I uninstalled it and sold it on eBay years ago and never regretted it.
  • SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    I personally liked the religious aspect of the Sims Medieval, it'll be a good game if you like quests.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but wanted to give my opinion on this game.

I actually liked Medieval, if your a fan of medieval stuff then I think you would like it.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I like it and I think it is worth the money. I ran it fine on windows 8.1 and now it is running great on Windows 10. I zoom in all the time in game so not sure what the other poster is having problems with.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I loved it at first but it became too repetitive. I'd say get it on sale. I got it for full price and ultimately my expectations for a long term game weren't met.

And now I wish I'd learned how to zoom in,
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    You zoom in by pressing the Z key.