Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Market or hangout lot type?

I'm building a combined lot with cafe, bakery, store and nectary in Roaring heights and I'm wondering which lot type works best?

For some reason I don't seem to have the Markets option in my list even though I have WA installed so I'm hoping hangout will do, however am I right in thinking that teens and children wont be able to visit?
I took the pledge

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There's something really odd about the Market type. I seem to recall it requires a WA cash register and it only works well (or as a viable choice at all) in WA worlds, or something like that. Hangout would be a great choice if you don't mind the lot not having a closing time. Don't know why children and teens would be unable to visit.

Other lot choices that should work but not attract as many sims as Hangout would be Small Park and the old standby, Visitors Allowed. Come to think of it, isn't there a choice for Nectary or does that only show up in WA worlds like the Market one?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    It's been a while since I've played TS3 and I've forgotten all the quirks and rules. I remember I made a shopping district once and included various registers. When I selected lot type I chose market thinking it sounded perfect for what I was trying to achieve only it didn't work very well, can't remember why. I think I ended up using hangout in the end because my internet cafe wasn't working.

I think I got the idea about the no teens or children from the bistro? ugh so confusing LOL
    I took the pledge
    @igazor thanks for the tip on small part too by the way, I've got a 30 x 40 lot and hangout might be too crowded.
    I took the pledge
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    joralyd wrote: »
    @igazor thanks for the tip on small part too by the way, I've got a 30 x 40 lot and hangout might be too crowded.

I use a hangout for most of my lots that I want Sims to gather at and do things together. I never worry about lot size but I generally have a 40x40 lot or bigger.

I also place the children't bake table occasionally and the lemonade stand and humble harvest stands. That way children can do things and adults and consign their harvestables. That is a great way to get rich quick.

Also spring riders are fun to add for the children.

So far I've only had one townie sim child autonomously tend the lemonade stand, but townie Sims often tend the humble harvest stands and have been know to fight over it occasionally (rarely).

Actually, I just put what seems like a good idea at the time on the hangout lots. This includes bakers oven, WA Food register, the barista bar from University life, the pizza oven and or anything else.

I've never had a problem of overcrowding on the lot but I do often get several Sims there.

The two EA store made lots that I dress up this way and have fun with are the Stones Throw Greenhouse, and the Al Fresco Market.
    thanks @Karritz I've got the harvest stand so I'm going to add that to make like a little fruit and veg shop, then a bakery/cafe combined with the barista bar and then a shop maybe but they're all going to be like a small market place or local shops as we call it ;) it's in Roaring Heights so I want to make a bit 20s in architecture so it doesn't stand out too much.

Got to get the pizza oven too some time :lol:
    I took the pledge
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    joralyd wrote: »
    thanks @Karritz I've got the harvest stand so I'm going to add that to make like a little fruit and veg shop, then a bakery/cafe combined with the barista bar and then a shop maybe but they're all going to be like a small market place or local shops as we call it ;) it's in Roaring Heights so I want to make a bit 20s in architecture so it doesn't stand out too much.

Got to get the pizza oven too some time :lol:

Have fun. The Pizza Oven comes with Monte Vista I think. I have the bug that makes it interfere with the fridge so when I put it on a lot I have to put it well away from the kitchen. That's OK as it can be good to have it elsewhere.