Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    EA no longer releases any sales figures for its games, so all we can do is speculate.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Nothing official. EA no longer releases sales data. Any of the numbers you see floating around the web (NPD group/VGChartz) is flawed as Origin does not release sales data so is based on a small number of consumer surveys plus a conflation of hard copies that were sold.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think everyone would like to know that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't know any reason why I personally would want to know how much the Sims 4 has sold. People either want to know this because;
    A.) They want to be able to prove that TS4 is a flop commercially and entertainment wise.
    B.) They want to to prove the people in A wrong.
    C.) They're just curious and want to know how well the game is selling.
    Nothings wrong with either of said answers, but that's just my own observation from the forums :T
    I think if Maxis is still able to pump out SPs, GPs, and EPs, we can assume that they're selling enough to keep the game going.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Corey785 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 has most likely sold around eight billion copies. B)

Really? I heard the absence of Justine Keaton made it only 4 billion!!

Take it down to where you stated 2 mill. No Justine and no toddlers LOL
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited September 2015
    ZStavros wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of The Sims series since The Sims 2. Personally i love The Sims 4. Many people think that Sims 4 is a commercial failure. I think that this is wrong! Does anyone know if is anything official?
    Thanks in advance! :)

Maybe you should read the forums, and see how much backlash the game as this game as got. This is not the AAA game I paid for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know any reason why I personally would want to know how much the Sims 4 has sold. People either want to know this because;
    A.) They want to be able to prove that TS4 is a flop commercially and entertainment wise.
    B.) They want to to prove the people in A wrong.
    C.) They're just curious and want to know how well the game is selling.
    Nothings wrong with either of said answers, but that's just my own observation from the forums :T
    I think if Maxis is still able to pump out SPs, GPs, and EPs, we can assume that they're selling enough to keep the game going.
    True. I think I fall under C. Being in accounting, I'm curious how much the game has made.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I just kind of want to get an idea if people are satisfied with the current direction (in which case I'll most likely leave) or if it's likely that they'll make changes (decent sales but drops in the number of DLC sold).
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2015
    I am pretty sure this game is doing at least "okay" when it comes to sales. And being someone who feels insulted by The Sims 4 I am actually glad they can keep this franchise alive. I don't want it dead because my hopes are high that everything will turn out good in the end (with the Sims 5). I want The Sims 5 to become a game for pc gamers again. Please.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am pretty sure this game is doing at least "okay" when it comes to sales. And being someone who feels insulted by The Sims 4 I am actually glad they can keep this franchise alive. I don't want it dead because my hopes are high that everything will turn out good in the end (with the Sims 5). I want The Sims 5 to become a game for pc gamers again. Please.

The other thing is that Sims 3 is still selling. Sims 3 games money helps as well.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.
    THIS is awesome!!!
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    james64468 wrote: »

The other thing is that Sims 3 is still selling. Sims 3 games money helps as well.

Yeah, I myself bought recently Supernatural (although I hate this ep and planed to never buy it) because I needed it for a world I really wanted to play on. :P -

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    james64468 wrote: »

Yeah, I myself bought recently Supernatural (although I hate this ep and planed to never buy it) because I needed it for a world I really wanted to play on. :P -

I got that one this month or last month. I had to redo my whole sims 3 but it worth it. got rid of my lag issues.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    The Sims 4 has most likely sold around eight billion copies. B)
    Colton, I admire your unswerving faith.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »

You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.
    really you can link please ea statin which simcity 2013 was finished???, which no more games?? if was just that why they closed maxis simcity studio if not was due to poor sales???, you can have proof, then you are not being better than her with your expeculations.

they did exactly the same thing at the sims medieval when it failed they just stopped to give support without any warn.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif