Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons EP Impossible?

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    In gaming everything is possible. I don't think they cant do it.

They can but would EA want to spend on developing that? This is the question.
    For example Get Together might be released with bare bone animations. The things they are comfortable to make animation for or might not cost them much.

EPs like seasons and pets need lots of game changing animation and looking at how EA is treating this game I dont see them happening any time soon. EA wants to spend the minimum on this game to gain the maximum possible profits.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Also there is a big possibility that Seasons EP will be half baked. In one of the surveys it clearly stated seasons pack to have ONLY 2 seasons instead of 4!

That says a lot of EA not wanting to spend money on this game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's not that uncommon to have snow in the desert. . . It's uncommon to have it in some really green places like Florida, they get more snow in New Mexico (Albuquerque).
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Also there is a big possibility that Seasons EP will be half baked. In one of the surveys it clearly stated seasons pack to have ONLY 2 seasons instead of 4!

I don't believe that to be the reason. EA just gave us a huge update for free. So it doesn't seem to be the case that EA doesn't want to use money on the game.

As I see it the problem is more that EA doesn't want any new version of Sims to be too similar to the previous one and EA gave us Seasons EPs with 4 seasons for both TS2 and TS3. Therefore EA will try to find something to make different for TS4. I can't guess how they will do that this time. But depending on their idea they could change the number of seasons and include something else instead.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2015
    Erpe wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »
    I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

It isn't a tablet game and does not use a tablet engine. ;)

I know for a fact you can take the code that Sims 4 uses and move the game to a tablet and a smart cellphone very easy. I have some programming experience I am not great at it. Have you ever programmed anything? Imagination for a second. Taking The Sims putting it on Windows computers, Tablets, phones, Android phone&tablets, and Apple computers&phone&tablets. The game is cross-platform that might be why EA moved The Sims studio under their mobile division. If there is going to be another Sims game it going to be cross-platform to get more money out of players. The animations will be very limited and the gaming engine will be even more limited. Mobile games are only built in 2D.
    They could probably make a tablet version of the Sims 4 basegame. I agree with that. But the problem is that TS4 like the previous Sims games are meant to have a big number of expansions and I don't believe that they could move all those EPs, GPs and SPs to a tablet too because TS4 will then finally be way too big a game to have running on even tablets with 32 or 64 GB of memory. Most tablets still only have 16 or 32 GB of memory and the OS uses a big part of this for its own purposes. TS4 with all expansions will be way too big for such a device.
    We all know that The sims have a lot of expansion packs. There are ways to have it where devices don't have to download the whole code it just has to have basic code to tell it to connect to this server and follow this rules. Having said that the biggest problem is that EA would have to be willing to put money into a seasonal expansion pack. That also means adding animation I am not saying it impossible. I am just pointing out that money is an issue. I have look at Ea stocks. It not been doing as well it could. If I had money I know I would invest into EA while it at the low end of stock market. It currently .51 cents a share please note I am using after hours.
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    Seasons and pets ! I was dying to have both but they gave me only gt. :'( Prolly i will play sims3 untill they release them.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I don't know what is true or not. Some facts is that Sims 4 gaming engine is more limited than the Sims 3 gaming engine. Think of The Sims 4 as a tablet game not as PC game. It would be very hard for them to add that.

It isn't a tablet game and does not use a tablet engine. ;)

I know for a fact you can take the code that Sims 4 uses and move the game to a tablet and a smart cellphone very easy. I have some programming experience I am not great at it. Have you ever programmed anything? Imagination for a second. Taking The Sims putting it on Windows computers, Tablets, phones, Android phone&tablets, and Apple computers&phone&tablets. The game is cross-platform that might be why EA moved The Sims studio under their mobile division. If there is going to be another Sims game it going to be cross-platform to get more money out of players. The animations will be very limited and the gaming engine will be even more limited. Mobile games are only built in 2D.

The Sims 4 wouldn't even be able to run on the new iPad Pro. To run on maximum settings, it would require more power than any tablet on the market right now. The Sims 4 uses a lot of RAM, lots of processing power, and and huge amounts of graphics power. Something that tablet games do not.

I mean, people have trouble playing the Sims 2 on current Windows Tablets. I doubt 4 is going to be on there soon.

And just an FYI, the Sims 4 has a much more powerful engine that the Sims 3. It's just EA have done very little with it.,
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    I wish all these players who speculate would just shsh sometimes, if they don't know

EA already asked players if they want Seasons in a Survey, it means its possible;

Weather & Disasters:
    Experience the awe-inspiring beauty and power of nature as never before as weather plays a major role in shaping your Sims’ lives and environments. How will you prepare your home for severe conditions? Will you weather the storm and help rebuild your neighborhood after disaster strikes, or tempt fate and take part in a little looting?

Seasons:
    Experience the joys and challenges of changing weather! Seasonal festivities, outdoor attire, and new activities like skiing, sunbathing, and face painting guarantee that Sims will have plenty to do no matter what the temperature is outside.

Please don't listen to anyone outside of EA, because they literally know nothing about the Sims 4 :)

Says the guy that got that which is an Aprils fool joke put out by another site. Really Jack - Jack? No the only reference EA has said about weather was in the coming ep surveys where they mentioned Vacations like a winter vacation. There was also a supernatural ep mentioning elementals that each could control one of the 4 elements - wind, earth, fire, water on a sim like making it rain on a sim, or hit one with lightning - etc. I have seen both of EA's ep surveys as they were posted by simmers who got them - and the one you said was actually an April fools joke to make people think they were getting awesome weather and disasters.

SEE Jack:

http://simsvip.com/2014/04/02/april-fools-around-the-simming-community/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I think Seasons will be a bit like Sims 2, because of the loading screens. Although, I am going to miss the neighbourhood rain or snow, I always loved seeing the town covered in snow ugh so pretty!

I think it'll be awhile since Seasons always came after 2,5 / 3 years, just like Pets, i'm really curious though how it'll look and all!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Sugarysim wrote: »
    I hope the EP after Get Together is something like: Get into Life...(corny title, but aren't they all?) which combines Seasons with toddlers and other family related fun stuff.

On the other hand, maybe Seasons would be seperated into bitesize game packs, like Get into Fall, Get into Winter, Get into Summer, Get into Spring. In which case, I think I'd lose my marbles.

No that would be "Get in Insane"
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I really don't know how anyone can say anything will happen (or won't happen) as a fact. There is no proof leading for us to know one way or the other.

You're asking a question only the devs can answer.

This. Only those working on the game know if it's viable with TS4.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

See, this I hate. I really hope the surveys aren't the actual idea for the game. There is no point in a seasons EP without all 4 seasons.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member
    I like the idea of each world having different weather because that'd be more realistic than the entire universe being synced with the same weather... But then again my sims often pop in at certain bars for a quick drink and it'd be weird if they keep switching between spring, back to winter then back to spring. You know?
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • Options
    Lovelyleeks11Lovelyleeks11 Posts: 104 Member
    I think Seasons will be a bit like Sims 2, because of the loading screens. Although, I am going to miss the neighbourhood rain or snow, I always loved seeing the town covered in snow ugh so pretty!

I think it'll be awhile since Seasons always came after 2,5 / 3 years, just like Pets, i'm really curious though how it'll look and all!

There's this really cute fan-made video knocking around that shows what snow could look like in the game. I'd really like it if they managed to make seasons look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEs-U9Ir2E
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    emilyduru wrote: »
    I like the idea of each world having different weather because that'd be more realistic than the entire universe being synced with the same weather... But then again my sims often pop in at certain bars for a quick drink and it'd be weird if they keep switching between spring, back to winter then back to spring. You know?

I would agree if traveling between the worlds weren't instantaneous. But it would be weird to me going from summer to winter to summer again in the course of a day.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

I would agree if traveling between the worlds weren't instantaneous. But it would be weird to me going from summer to winter to summer again in the course of a day.

One of the things I really want in a Seasons EP is to be able to set the weather options per-world, so I can suit my own story about those worlds. Sometimes I might do it all-one-season, sometimes not.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

One of the things I really want in a Seasons EP is to be able to set the weather options per-world, so I can suit my own story about those worlds. Sometimes I might do it all-one-season, sometimes not.

If it were optional, it would be great. I just cannot think of the worlds as separate because the travel between them is instant and who is in them is not determined by where they live. But I would like the option to make the vacation world a different season.
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    Is this for real? Because if we aren't getting Seasons (my favorite expansion) with Autumn (my favorite season), I will not be bothering to purchase anything else. In all the previous games, Seasons was what I looked forward to the most.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    OMG STOP LISTENING TO PLAYER SPECULATION! No need to complain about an EP that's not even in development (maybe it is, who knows). A modder was able to make a pretty sweet Autumn mod, which shows that the sims team could make an awesome seasons EP when the time is right.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Seasons will happen but will most likely be combined with vacations.

EA aren't that generous.
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    Maybe the survey only mentioned two seasons because basically, there is spring(willow Creek) and summer(oasis Springs). I think they would have a world for fall and another for winter.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    There's this really cute fan-made video knocking around that shows what snow could look like in the game. I'd really like it if they managed to make seasons look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEs-U9Ir2E
    Omgosh, what an adorable video! I absoluty love it, i'd be the happiest girl if season were like this!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina