Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge!! - updated 24th May

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited September 2015
    Entry #11:

The children got a surprise this morning: a random deer decided to bound along beside the school bus.
    Screenshot-548_zpsd5qbxai2.jpg

Paris has decided to branch out from electric guitar to violin. It’s not surprising to hear or see our musical children playing of morning, which is wonderful.
    Screenshot-547_zpsbezc3chd.jpg

Evelyn surprised us all by getting married to Star while on Holiday! She told us that she would have invited us but it was a spur of the moment thing. Much as I would have liked a wedding, I can understand her impulsiveness.

My little girls are growing up! From children to teenagers… this should be interesting :) Hope is becoming more confident around boys, experimenting with flirting now. She has also taken up the violin. Rosie is not as happy about that as she is with Paris!
    Screenshot-550_zpsz0vmuels.jpg

Screenshot-557_zpsdl23xjrk.jpg

Screenshot-558_zpsnzyv5bzt.jpg

Faith, despite her love of parties, has actually become more interested in reading, and she has expressed an interest in cooking, which is lovely because she will be able to help me out!
    Screenshot-552_zps9uijwubd.jpg

Screenshot-571_zpsuefjtonq.jpg

It was Liam’s turn to take some of the children to the local festival, which happened to have a Halloween theme this time. Justice, Ocean, Marina, Luke, Skye, Apollo and Artemis all enjoyed themselves, although I think the picnic lunch was the highlight.
    Screenshot-553_zps18aikchn.jpg

Screenshot-554_zpswfwpkptc.jpg

Screenshot-556_zpssem2wvu6.jpg

Screenshot-555_zpszurgzehh.jpg

Screenshot-560_zpszvnlwhjb.jpg

Rayne, who we looked after for a while, has taken up baking and was selling some treats at the festival. Liam bought some to help her out :)
    Screenshot-561_zpsnao6gkz7.jpg

Jude has been inviting local people over to practise his chess skills since none of us are all that good. This is Astrid Pertridge, whom Jude managed to defeat.
    Screenshot-565_zpslheqqomk.jpg

And then it was time for Minzi and Tessa to grow up! It’s hard to believe that these two little girls who came to us as toddlers are now old enough to leave home! Tessa is going to work her way up to becoming an actress, while Minzi has gone full-time into coaching.
    Screenshot-563b_zpsmact3ukd.jpg

Screenshot-564b_zpsjfqmggaj.jpg

We all attended their graduation. Tessa was pronounced Valedictorian, and Most Likely to Fufil Her Lifetime Wish.
    Screenshot-568_zpsp2k5uxvh.jpg

Minzi was voted Most Likely to Become a Sports Star, which is very possible.
    Screenshot-567_zps4p97jfch.jpg

They moved out into a lovely home with Tessa’s boyfriend, Davy Cho.
    Screenshot-569_zps6hux0b7b.jpg

Screenshot-570_zps5ujly9d4.jpg

And that’s it for now! We’re having lots of fun here and the children are just great, and are learning so much. More goings-on soon!

(Hope is now flirty, so not exactly still like Sherlock, but I couldn't resist getting her to learn the violin :) While Faith is a bookworm *and* a party animal… hmm. Faith’s LTW is now to become a Culinary Librarian.

There was no-one employed in the movie career until Tessa signed up. Then there was an influx of townies who joined the career!!

Tessa is up for download here or on page one. Minzi isn't because she's a town sim.

Skills mastered: Minzi - athletics, Tessa - guitar, Ocean - writing, London - sculpting. Jude - chess (logic), Paris - guitar, Skye - writing, Rosie - drums.
    )
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Davy is rather nice looking... Also, nice house! :3
    Love this story. Can't wait for more! :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    Davy is rather nice looking... Also, nice house! :3
    Love this story. Can't wait for more! :3

For a town sim, Davy did turn out quite good looking :). I want him and Tessa to produce som nice babies but so fat that hasn't happened! The house is one i got from the Exchange when I first started playing so I have no idea what it is called to find it again.

Hopefully I'll have another update tomorrow. This past week has been unbelievably busy and tiring!!!
    edited September 2015
    Entry #12: (Children 17->20)

It's always nice to hear some good music in the morning. Rosie tends to always play something before breakfast, including the double bass!
    Screenshot-575_zpsmwoy9dtx.jpg

Not too long after Minzi and Tessa left, we got two new arrivals. Reed Riverhawk, who seems to be a good little boy but forever running everywhere:
    Screenshot-582_zps0zbidyzd.jpg

Screenshot-578_zpsxoypz3xj.jpg

And Apple Crumble, who also seems to be a good child and loves interacting with everyone.
    Screenshot-573_zpsezs0cjq6.jpg

Screenshot-579_zpsh0s8anid.jpg

Screenshot-583_zpsllghlenu.jpg

It didn't take long for either of them to find the toys!
    Screenshot-577_zps33jbwnwq.jpg

Screenshot-581_zpsshg9ne2s.jpg

We also had some temporary children, twins Evan and Julie Maier. They were both adorable children; Evan loved his books while Julie loved eating :)
    Screenshot-576_zpsboncmv7r.jpg

Screenshot-580_zpsmk4kgwxs.jpg

Ocean and Justice had their badging ceremonies after school one day, while Marina had a dance recital. All the children here, both our own and the orphans, seem to really enjoy participating in both scouting and ballet.
    Screenshot-586_zpsmmkt34dd.jpg

Screenshot-596_zpsxizuds3g.jpg

This interest carries on for some of them, even to the extent of going fishing at night!
    Screenshot-585_zpsz2ms5dez.jpg

And it's good to see all the teens doing their homework when they come home from school. Even if some of them don't know where the chairs are... :)
    Screenshot-594_zpseg5v661p.jpg

And more new arrivals! First of all, there was Sunni Day, who seems to be quite musical but hates going outside.
    Screenshot-589_zps1kvrs7uu.jpg

Screenshot-591_zpssikrttrr.jpg

And then there was Stefanie Couch, who is very excitable but tends to play by herself.
    Screenshot-590_zpsyxdzwu9q.jpg

Screenshot-592_zps2nnmxnzt.jpg

They have fitted in very nicely so far.
    Screenshot-593_zpsxiopju6u.jpg

I don't know why, but Paris has decided to learn the drums as well. I think all the children want to be one-man bands!!
    Screenshot-595_zpsta89qaw9.jpg

And I'll finish on my baby having his teen birthday! I can't believe Justice is now a teen! He has decided that he wants to be an author, and like Hope, has developed a bit of a snobbish attitude.
    Screenshot-597_zpsin0jw2xb.jpg

Screenshot-598_zpsbtfk6suw.jpg

Liam is already talking about having another baby but I think we might wait until things are a little less hectic :) See you all next time!!

(One fifth of the way through - Hooray!!!! This was further than I thought I'd get :)

For some reason, everyone had Monday off after the graduation on the weekend. This helped me to discover that you can add or subtract days off for everyone using MC, so I did. I didn't want all the kids around on a Monday when they could be at school, or for Letizia to have a day off when she could be 'adopting' children!!

Minzi started going steady with Carlotta Shue, the girl who had spurned her a week earlier! I haven't had any further news on that relationship, so I didn't bother putting it in the main entry.

The 'temporary' toddlers are ones that come to the day care but I'm not putting in the household. I only put two a day in so that the house doesn't fill up too quickly.

Apple Crumble doesn't belong to me, and was originally a male. @SilentWolf found the link that I couldn't so you can download Apple here. Thank you to @BrightFashion for creating him :)

On the other hand, Sunni Day does belong to me and was made for the 100 baby challenge that I haven't started yet :) She will be uploaded eventually :) Stefanie is a homeless sim, and Reed is the son of Nicholas Riverhawk and Cassidy Earthsong, pre-made townies.

Skills mastered: Arthur & Josiah - charisma.

Not sure what Faith was doing here as she doesn't have the insane trait:
    Screenshot-574_zpsuzz6hyzm.jpg
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    Download stats:
    Justice - 9
    Liam - 2
    Tessa - 2
    Luke - 1
    Evelyn - 1

Looks like Justice is very popular :) But poor Letizia doesn't have any downloads :( Oh well, that's life :)
    So, after a quick google search, I found this guy: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3119351 I don't know if that's the Apple Crumble you're talking about or not, but...

Also, how many sims have you had so far?
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Yes, that's him! Why couldn't I find him on my google search?? I can never find what I want when I'm looking for it but if I'm not, I can find plenty of things!!! I'll put his link on my previous post when I'm actually on the computer and can do things properly :)

On the updates, 20 adopted children but in-game, I'm up to 27! And I can't reveal how many children Letizia and Liam have because there was a reason I mentioned about Liam wanting more children...
    I don't know why...
    Ohhhhhhh I can't wait! :)
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @MayaRose1138 : This story has received a shoutout on the Monthly Shoutout thread and will be featured at the Stories and Legacies Index in the Monthly Shoutouts section during the month of October! Congrats!

This story is not currently in the index listing, so if you would like to submit your link, please feel free to do so at the Stories and Legacies Index thread.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    @MayaRose1138 : This story has received a shoutout on the Monthly Shoutout thread and will be featured at the Stories and Legacies Index in the Monthly Shoutouts section during the month of October! Congrats!

This story is not currently in the index listing, so if you would like to submit your link, please feel free to do so at the Stories and Legacies Index thread.

Ooh, thank you :). Now I'll have to make sure I keep this updated regularly :D. I'll head over to the Stories and Legacies Index now and submit my link.

Thank you again!!
    edited September 2015
    Entry #13: (children 21-22)

Our house is definitely getting rather full. Another set of twins today: Hunter and Sasha Traylor. Hunter likes drawing on everything he can and then gets grumpy when told he can't! Sasha, on the other hand, loves to run around and doesn't mind the colder weather.
    Screenshot-599_zpswsgxowi8.jpg

Screenshot-600_zpsdv4jcquq.jpg

And they wasted no time in settling in.
    Screenshot-603_zpshdkg4arn.jpg

Screenshot-604_zps6f9zo4tk.jpg

Screenshot-606_zpssilcgbpe.jpg

It wasn't too long afterwards that Ocean and Marina had their birthdays. Now that they're teens, their tails have started transforming when they're in the water, so both of them can often be found in the swimming pool :) And Marina's scales have gone from being mauve to being pink and white. From what I understand, the colours won't settle properly until they're adults.
    Screenshot-610_zpsxwco0mtf.jpg

Screenshot-608_zpsydb6ja88.jpg

Ocean can either be found swimming or working out.
    Screenshot-612_zpsrtmzqyll.jpg

While Marina has started straight in on learning music!
    Screenshot-611_zps2jigelqn.jpg

It's always a wonderful night when we can get all the toddlers down to sleep at the same time!
    Screenshot-613_zpsiwjwbi5a.jpg

A couple of more temporary children came our way. This is Abram Putnam:
    Screenshot-615_zpsgkgjjr92.jpg

And Cory Ashcroft:
    Screenshot-616_zps2ycwlcyp.jpg

Apollo loves playing outside on the swinging chairs.
    Screenshot-614_zpsau7yjira.jpg

And then a massive event: Prom! Junior (age 13-15) and Senior (age 16-18) this year, and twelve of the children from our house went. Paris was the only one with a date, a lovely girl named Renae Willow-Anderson, who is one of quads!
    Screenshot-617_zpsvmukulmq.jpg

The Senior Prom was quite formal, whereas the Junior one wasn't. Rosie looked stunning in her dress. The others... well, maybe not so much :)
    Screenshot-618_zpsdfwntmlv.jpg

Screenshot-619_zpsm2hsbcqy.jpg

Screenshot-620_zpsc31vitav.jpg

There was the usual teenage drama. Ocean and Marina won Junior Prom King and Queen but none of our kids won the senior ones. I'll just list the highlights for you, even if it embarrasses the children :)
    - London, Josiah and Ocean got rejected by their crushes (poor things :()
    - Arthur broke the backdrop
    - Marina, Josiah, Rosie, Riana, Arthur, Faith and London all got into fights (sigh...)
    - Ocean fell over while dancing
    - Paris and Renae had their first kiss, and they're now going steady
    - Justice impressed Renae's sister Claudia but they're nothing more than friends
    - Rosie's crush avoided her and she ended up in tears
    - Jude and Riana realised they liked each other a lot
    - and apparently Josiah is questioning whether or not he likes guys after asking out the most popular guy in school and getting rejected by him...

A very eventful Prom night by all accounts, and plenty of chores got done the next day when Liam and I found out about the fights... :)

Finally, some more birthdays. It seems like only yesterday that these two arrived at the orphanage. Reed is a little perfectionist but has two very different loves - painting and fishing. It's a bit too cold for fishing at the moment but at least he can read about it at home.
    Screenshot-633_zpsqs2vljeh.jpg

Apple seems to have become somewhat absent-minded as she's aged, which is a bit of a worry when she expressed an interest in chemistry. I guess we'll just have to hope she doesn't burn the place down!
    Screenshot-623_zpstsr8cixt.jpg

(I meant to update this a little earlier this week but I had visitors so things didn't get done :) Still, I'm ahead in my playing, so I can update a little earlier next time!

Traits: Hunter - artistic and grumpy; Sasha - athletic and loves the cold; Ocean and Marina - love to swim; Reed - perfectionist; Apple - absent-minded.

Much as I love mermaids, I never realised how much of a pain they are when you don't have cheats on! They were constantly having to go swim so that they wouldn't be dehydrated, and that took up a lot of non-homework time. I'm glad I don't have a household full of mermaids!! I'll just have to be careful to have either baths or a swimming pool around if I use mermaids in any other challenge or household!

And thank you to @SilentWolf101 for putting me forward for the Monthly Shoutout :) It was a lovely surprise :)
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    I love Hunter and Sasha's hair :)
    I love Hunter and Sasha's hair :)

Thank you :). I got sick of all the homeless kids having the same coloured hair so I decided to change it a little :). I wish I could work out how to set MC to draw the hair for new sims from the ones I have in CAS but I don't know how, so I have to change them myself!! You'll see quite a few sims with non-standard hair from now on because 100 kids is a long time to be looking at brown, black or blonde hair :D
    edited September 2015
    I love kids with multi-colored hair. :) The thing is, I normally stay with the usual colors or come up with a reason such as they dyed it... XD

EDIT: Few spelling things
    I love kids with multi-colored hair. :) The thing is, I normally stay with the usual colors or come up with a reason such as they dyed it... XD

EDIT: Few spelling things

I love coloured hair too but I'm too impatient to wait until they're teens :)
    Lol, understandable. XD
  • figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    edited September 2015
    This is an interesting challenge. I might try this myself, and maybe even post updates like you're doing (as long as its alright with you, of course).
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • You beat me to saying that @figmentz ! Although, I might not post it my first attempt. I love your challenge so far, though! :)<3
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}
    figmentz wrote: »
    This is an interesting challenge. I might try this myself, and maybe even post updates like you're doing (as long as its alright with you, of course).

Thank you :). Just be prepared for things like kids not going to school because of using MC to add them to the house. And I don't mind if you post updates - the more the merrier! (Although were you meaning in this thread or your own?). It will be interesting to see the kind of homeless children you get compared with mine (which I am now taking to change features, hair and skin because most of them are arriving with the same facial features, which gets boring, and generic hair and skin colours. And I love coloured sims :)).
    You beat me to saying that @figmentz ! Although, I might not post it my first attempt. I love your challenge so far, though! :)<3

Thank you :). It's been challenging so far! Yesterday, I had 23 sims - all children or older - in the household (though two moved out towards the end of the session) and the logistics of getting everyone to eat breakfast and dinner, and getting them off to sleep can be very difficult :). But I'm about a third of the way through it, which is further than I thought I'd get, and is great preparation for dealing with a normal 100 baby challenge later on!! Feel free to have a go :)
    Question: would Imaginary Friends, turned real, count in the adoption tally? I didn't think about this when I started the challenge and I'm not sure whether that would be cheating or not...
    Question: would Imaginary Friends, turned real, count in the adoption tally? I didn't think about this when I started the challenge and I'm not sure whether that would be cheating or not...
    I would say yes, to a limit. For example, maybe like 3-5 count, but the other children must be adopted in some way shape or form.
  • ChallengeGreatlyAcceptedChallengeGreatlyAccepted Posts: 673 Member
    edited October 2015

I would think not, but if you'd likee....

EDIT: I thought I might as well post a few pictures...
    rlyvwg.jpg
    Here's Johanna Wisp, who was originally Johanna Claire. Her hairdo is from the store, her eyes and some of her makeup are CC, and her outfit is supernatural, with base game shoes.
    16h6h05.jpg
    Here's her husband, Carmin Wisp, who was originally Carmin Wisp. His hairdo and wings are from supernatural, and I actually realized that Carmin is a no CC sim! Wowwy!
    24fxn2s.jpg
    And our first tot, Miss Fawn Goodfellow.
    Do you want me to keep posting small updates or not? And if you'd like to have toddler Johanna and Carmin, I'd happily put them on download for ya. :)
    Post edited by ChallengeGreatlyAccepted on
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}

I would think not, but if you'd likee....

EDIT: I thought I might as well post a few pictures...
    And our first tot, Miss Fawn Goodfellow.
    Do you want me to keep posting small updates or not? And if you'd like to have toddler Johanna and Carmin, I'd happily put them on download for ya. :)

Ooh, the first one :). Which town are you in for this? And yes, I think pics of the kids would be okay to be posted here so long as they're not too long so readers don't get confused! If you decide to do your own thread at any point, you could still post links here :).
  • ChallengeGreatlyAcceptedChallengeGreatlyAccepted Posts: 673 Member
    edited October 2015
    I think I might restart and post pics on my own thread since as of now I'm only 3 kids in. I'm in Moonlight Falls in a renovated version of one of the mansions. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top