March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezer Bunny Holiday Simifest-Event Sign Ups!

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    Ok, ok, ok. I'm doing it - eeeep so nervous about hosting an event :blush: I know the limit was set at 5, but can I be awkward and get 6 (thats if 6 folk are interested in doing it of course!)

Vanity High's Murder Mystery Halloween Dinner Party
    You've been invited to a Dinner Party at Van High Manor to take part in a Murder Mystery. Liza Killingsburg is dead, you and 5 other guests have been called to the Manor to be questioned by Detective Van High, throughout the night secrets will be revealed and fingers will be pointed. Can you figure out whodunnit before the end of the night? (with drinks and sweet treats afterwards!)
    When? 31st October, starting at 8pm GMT with updates throughout the night.

@VanityHigh OhEmGee that is the greatest thing! Can I please be part of this?!

snvAF3B.png
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    Of course you can @CitizenErased14 once I've got the spots filled I'll fire out a PM to everyone to set up all the details :heart:
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Ok, ok, ok. I'm doing it - eeeep so nervous about hosting an event :blush: I know the limit was set at 5, but can I be awkward and get 6 (thats if 6 folk are interested in doing it of course!)

Vanity High's Murder Mystery Halloween Dinner Party
    You've been invited to a Dinner Party at Van High Manor to take part in a Murder Mystery. Liza Killingsburg is dead, you and 5 other guests have been called to the Manor to be questioned by Detective Van High, throughout the night secrets will be revealed and fingers will be pointed. Can you figure out whodunnit before the end of the night? (with drinks and sweet treats afterwards!)
    When? 31st October, starting at 8pm GMT with updates throughout the night.

Heeeeey!!! I said JRose wanted to join in the Writer's Lounge ;)
    Of course! @aroseinbloom it wouldn't be a proper party without her :heart:
    Okie....I'm signed up for @VanityHigh's Murder Mystery and @kardizzle's Trick or Treat!

Who else needs to sign up this week for events??!?!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I want to go to four things! *sweats*

However, I'll send out kid Meggs as my liaison!

She'd like to go to @BBQPenguinWings 's Spooky Scares & Creepy Tales and @ThePlumbob 's St. Nicholas Day!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    My simself would like to attend the @VanityHigh Murder Mystery party and @Summerfalls cupcake workshop if that's still okay ^^ I want to go to more but I'll have to wait for the next round xD I'm thinking of hosting an event myself but I have to figure it out :)
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    I want to go to four things! *sweats*

However, I'll send out kid Meggs as my liaison!

She'd like to go to @BBQPenguinWings 's Spooky Scares & Creepy Tales and @ThePlumbob 's St. Nicholas Day!

Yay it will be awesome to have kid Meggs!
    Right after much deliberation I've made my choices! Ugh.

Ok first up I wanna go to the Ugly Sweater Ice Cream Extravaganza by @kardizzle annnnnnd if there's still space, @BBQPenguinWings Spooky Scares & Creepy Tales.
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Right after much deliberation I've made my choices! Ugh.

Ok first up I wanna go to the Ugly Sweater Ice Cream Extravaganza by @kardizzle annnnnnd if there's still space, @BBQPenguinWings Spooky Scares & Creepy Tales.

Yay!! You will be my 5th! I will send out messages to all participants soon. Well Baby P will cuz she is working on the invites!

@Meggles @VanityHigh @CitizenErased14 @ilovebunnys65 @JordanNicoleJJ

Those are my participants @aroseinbloom !
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Ok here's my event info @aroseinbloom :)

St Nicholas Day
    With Christmas right around the corner, this holiday is here to let you know if you're on the right track to receiving Christmas goodies. If you've been good, St Nicholas and his helpers, the angel and the devil, will reward you with chocolate, sweets and fruits; and you're in for a good Christmas. However, if you've not behaved this year, you're in for a reality check, as you'll only be getting potatoes and coal; and in extreme cases, the devil may even be taking you with him!

I'll be hosting a sim twist on this classical Czech holiday that has scared children into being good for the rest of December; this will involve a light-hearted look back on the year 2015 as well as lots of chocolate - as long as the participants have been good this year! While this is traditionally a holiday for children, sims and simselves of all ages are welcome.

ETA: 5th December

So far I've got @Meggles on my list, and I know @eXokamikaze and @JordanNicoleJJ have expressed interest too, so let me know if you'd like to come (though I think you've already used up your sign up quota this week Jordan, so you may have to wait till next week!)
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Okay, this is probably a super silly question, but I've only slowly started reading the threads in the forum (as opposed to just going straight to the new chapter of a story when it appeared, and then lurking away). What does "going to an event" mean? Do you put your sim on the gallery, and the person doing the event downloads them and then... ? I'm guessing the person doing the event writes about it and then shares it? Maybe? Does the person sending the sim to participate need to do anything? I'm just a little confuzzled, but it sounds very interesting!
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited September 2015
    sabreene wrote: »
    Okay, this is probably a super silly question, but I've only slowly started reading the threads in the forum (as opposed to just going straight to the new chapter of a story when it appeared, and then lurking away). What does "going to an event" mean? Do you put your sim on the gallery, and the person doing the event downloads them and then... ? I'm guessing the person doing the event writes about it and then shares it? Maybe? Does the person sending the sim to participate need to do anything? I'm just a little confuzzled, but it sounds very interesting!

Hello @sabreene! Yes, it's more or less exactly like what you described! We upload our Simselves to the Gallery (with the required hashtag specified for the event, if any), and then the host downloads them, plays through the event, and prepares the post with screenshots of the event and dialogue and all. As you can see in page one, there are some events where the hosts will invite the participants to write some bits and pieces of dialogue/contribute to the post, but there are others where the host does all of the work.

I hope that helps! And there are no silly questions here; it's good to clarify things if you're unclear! :)
    sabreene wrote: »

You got it!! It's all about having fun, here. We want to work with new and old friends and share our Simselves (or a Sim from a story if you have one!).

I hope you join us! Right now we're allowing 2 sign ups per week to make it fair so that everyone who wants to join in, can! If there's something you see on the front page that you really like, let the host know by tagging him/her on this thread. I'll add you to the list!
    Hosts and participants alike--

Please double check to make sure what I have on Events page matches what you have :) I want to make sure the right Sims get to the right events.

And...keep them coming. I'm thinking (because I got another idea) that I might open it up for those hosting 2 events to offer up another since it seems like there are a good amount of participants. What do you all think??

Also...anyone else out there got an event in mind? Now's the time to share!
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

St Nicholas Day
    With Christmas right around the corner, this holiday is here to let you know if you're on the right track to receiving Christmas goodies. If you've been good, St Nicholas and his helpers, the angel and the devil, will reward you with chocolate, sweets and fruits; and you're in for a good Christmas. However, if you've not behaved this year, you're in for a reality check, as you'll only be getting potatoes and coal; and in extreme cases, the devil may even be taking you with him!

I'll be hosting a sim twist on this classical Czech holiday that has scared children into being good for the rest of December; this will involve a light-hearted look back on the year 2015 as well as lots of chocolate - as long as the participants have been good this year! While this is traditionally a holiday for children, sims and simselves of all ages are welcome.

So far I've got @Meggles on my list, and I know @eXokamikaze and @JordanNicoleJJ have expressed interest too, so let me know if you'd like to come (though I think you've already used up your sign up quota this week Jordan, so you may have to wait till next week!)

Yes sure! Count me in with ninjapiglet. I'll have to age down my Simself accordingly! :)
    @aroseinbloom can you add @Rorygilmore34 & @Julyvee94 to my dinner party! Eeeep only one spot left :blush:
    Hosts and participants alike--

Please double check to make sure what I have on Events page matches what you have :) I want to make sure the right Sims get to the right events.

And...keep them coming. I'm thinking (because I got another idea) that I might open it up for those hosting 2 events to offer up another since it seems like there are a good amount of participants. What do you all think??

Also...anyone else out there got an event in mind? Now's the time to share!

I think @Julyvee94 wanted to go to @VanityHigh 's Murder Mystery event, not mine :) But you can add @eXokamikaze under mine :)

ThePlumbob wrote: »

St Nicholas Day

Yes sure! Count me in with ninjapiglet. I'll have to age down my Simself accordingly! :)

Yay! I look forward to hosting you both! As for the age, I can make it geared towards grown ups too, depending on the spin I put on it; I think what I'll do is once I'll have a full list of participants I'll ask what everyone prefers :)
    @ThePlumBob I would have loved your event too xD But I can choose only two (cries) I want to go to all of them xD
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @ThePlumBob I would have loved your event too xD But I can choose only two (cries) I want to go to all of them xD

@Julyvee94 I'm not offended at all, I was just pointing it out - the Murder Mystery sounds fanstastic, I'm so going to that too (or maybe I'll send Chell, I'm not sure yet! :))
    edited September 2015
    Alright here's my event:

Perfect Patio Buffet Party

Our simselves will join together in cooking up a lovely thanksgiving buffet. Everyone can contribute with cooking his or her favourite sim dish :) Once the buffet is ready it will be moved outside on the patio where everyone can taste each others dishes and at the end the crowds favourite dish will be given a litte prize and celebration. The party will be hosted in my build "Modern Maniansion" so you can also enjoy the patio and the pool for quality time with other simselves :)

If you could fit that in november it would be nice :)
    @aroseinbloom can you add @Rorygilmore34 & @Julyvee94 to my dinner party! Eeeep only one spot left :blush:

I added @Julyvee94! I know @RoryGilmore34 wants to go, but I'm trying to be fair and stick with my two sign ups per week. I just want to make sure that everyone who wants to sign up has things to sign up for...

Don't hate me, pwease @RoryGilmore34 :(
    Alright here's my event:

Perfect Patio Buffet Party

Our simselves will join together in cooking up a lovely thanksgiving buffet. Everyone can contribute with cooking his or her favourite sim dish :) Once the buffet is ready it will be moved outside on the patio where everyone can taste each others dishes and at the end the crowds favourite dish will be given a litte prize and celebration. The party will be hosted in my build "Modern Maniansion" so you can also enjoy the patio and the pool for quality time with other simselves :)

If you could fit that in november it would be nice :)

This sounds like so much fun!! Added it :)
    edited September 2015
    @aroseinbloom Oh I just saw the proposal round was over already :D sorry for that, I'll check up the dates before next time ^^

I also gave the wrong link to the house sorry xD edited with new link
    edited September 2015
    @aroseinbloom Oh I just saw the proposal round was over already :D sorry for that, I'll check up the dates before next time ^^

I also gave the wrong link to the house sorry xD edited with new link

No!! It's okay! The FBHS was slow to get attention, but now that it has, so many people want to participate. We extended proposals for a bit and I'll add another week of sign ups and such if we keep getting more events. Please!!! Share it around and invite others to propose events and/or sign up!

We're all about having fun, here!