Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you majoring in anything? If so, what?

FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
Hey guys!

As the title states...

For those of you who are in college, what are you majoring in? Why?
For those of you who are not in college, what major do you want to major in? Why?
If you do not plan on going to college, what is your goal job? Why?

I would ask what college you are going to or want to go to, but that is probably breaking forum rules. :|

But anyways.. I am currently majoring in Computer Science with a Information Systems concentration. I recently just got done taking my general core classes such as my histories, mathematics, etc.

I have always enjoyed messing with computer programs, so that was my main reason for choosing this major. I am hoping to one day become a computer programmer or work with a software company.

I thought about going into a computer science concentration, but that concentration has quite a few math classes -- I'm not up for all of that. LOL!
TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
I became an
"own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
If so, check out the following threads for more info
: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited September 2015
    I've tried uni twice. The first time it was biomedical science. Actually, I'd love to do it anyway but I got in on a paid spot and couldn't afford it. If I had got in for free I would have done it.
    The second time I tried special education but found it too risky and my health was the main reason why I dropped out.
    Now, next year hopefully I wanna go study to be a pharmacist.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    I am a Social Science major, but I had to change my major to Liberal Arts only to complete my Foreign Language requirement (credits). Then I could switch back to Social Science.
    I plan to become a middle school/high school English Teacher.

Five years ago I double majored in Criminal Justice and Business Administration. I had planned to be a Forensic Detective or a paper pusher of a Forutne 500 company.

Eh, the endeavors of an open-minded woman.

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I studied English Lit and Theatre Arts in university. If I knew then what I know now about myself, I'd have studied History or Statistics instead, I think, or perhaps Medieval Studies.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I've tried uni twice. The first time it was biomedical science. Actually, I'd love to do it anyway but I got in on a paid spot and couldn't afford it. If I had got in for free I would have done it.
    The second time I tried special education but found it too risky and my health was the main reason why I dropped out.
    Now, next year hopefully I wanna go study to be a pharmacist.

College is so dang expensive, it's crazy. In fact, I recently just applied for a couple of scholarships to hopefully lessen the burden. I hope you are doing okay with your health. I know how that feels having to stop something, because your health is in jeopardy.

Another reason why I chose a Computer Science major was because it is primarily a sit down job. This helps with me not getting as fatigued, because of my back problems. I am okay with standing and walking but after awhile of doing that, it wears on my body.

I really hope you are able to accomplish becoming a pharmacist or whichever field you go into. :)
    23kels89 wrote: »
    I am a Social Science major, but I had to change my major to Liberal Arts only to complete my Foreign Language requirement (credits). Then I could switch back to Social Science.
    I plan to become a middle school/high school English Teacher.

Five years ago I double majored in Criminal Justice and Business Administration. I had planned to be a Forensic Detective or a paper pusher of a Forutne 500 company.

Eh, the endeavors of an open-minded woman.

Oh my, I cannot even imagine doing a double major - so ambitious. Some of my most memorable teachers from middle/high school years were English teachers. :)
    I became an

: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    I studied English Lit and Theatre Arts in university. If I knew then what I know now about myself, I'd have studied History or Statistics instead, I think, or perhaps Medieval Studies.

I think one of my older cousins has a minor in like medieval studies or something very close to that. He loves anything to do with the renaissance.. anything. He even made chain armor or mail.

He's unique. ;)

I just recently took a statistics class this past summer, and was surprised as to easy it was (for me) because I always heard horror stories about how Statistics was an un-passable class which made me nervous. Of course, not everyone has a knack for mathematics.
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    Games and Interactive Design. I've already studied animation for 2 years so this was the next step. :)
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I just recently graduated from a university and I studied Theatre Arts :)
    I am currently getting my teaching certification so I can be a high school Theatre Teacher
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm probably majoring in Global Studies and minoring in French. This is after two free years of college from scholarships where I thought that I wanted to go into the medical field, probably as a lab tech. Eventually I figured out that that was not for me at all. (For one thing working in a hospital would be far too emotionally draining for me, and me being me is emotionally draining enough :/ , and then there's the fact that I am far too impatient to use a microscope. :p In the microbiology class that I took, when we used microscopes in lab I would find that if I could not zero in on something immediately I would panic then start getting anxious and furious that I could not find it and eventually just give up.) I'm interested in and really good at biology, anatomy, and physiology, but I'm even better with and much more passionate about languages, global issues, learning about cultures around the world, and travelling. A Global Studies degree would open up a lot of possibilities and with my near inability to maintain long term goals, that could be a very good thing since I may end up not wanting to be an interpreter, but still want a job that requires a lot of travelling.
  • SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    bruh I be going to ball so hard university and majoring in trash talk. my plans after I get out is to become a triple OG
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Health Sciences. After I graduate, I plan on applying to an accelerated nursing program.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Health Sciences. After I graduate, I plan on applying to an accelerated nursing program.

Oh that is awesome! A few years ago, my older sister applied for an accelerated nursing program. She was accepted, however, she decided to do the regular two years of nursing school instead.

Good luck. :)
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • IMElizabethIMElizabeth Posts: 40 Member
    I'm actually in an accelerated program for college, meaning I recieve my BA in two years instead of four.
    I'm actually studying Game Art, I make art professionally already, but I was really inspired to get better, and video games have always really inspired me in terms of art direction and as storytelling devices.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I'd want to do science with a tiny bit of business on the side. Is that insane?
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Purple_Penguin00Purple_Penguin00 Posts: 4,114 Member
    I'm a documentary production graduate, starting a business & in a few months it'll go live..i've just got that last push to go! :smile:
    CPdd6jhWcAQ1_eG.jpg
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I'm an electronic media major. I love farting with audio! I might join my college's radio club and be a DJ.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'm currently studying marketing. I knew I wanted to study that ever since I was a child. I'm doing really good, though the classes that involve any sort of maths are making me their plum :'(
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I recently got my bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Our school also offered specialization tracks, and I picked interactive multimedia, so I know a little bit about making games. I took up classes on Unity, Blender, and Flash for this track, although I haven't made anything in Flash for years.

And yes, the theoretical side of Computer Science does have a bit of math. Haha. We had to take calculus, discrete math, algorithm analysis, and automata theory. People who don't like math might not appreciate these classes.

As a side note, I also minored in French. I just wanted to learn a new language, and I think it's nice when you have secondary studies that have nothing to do with your major, because it gives you more flexibility on what you can do.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    When I was in college I was a Music/Instrumental Music Education major.

In the end it got too expensive - and working and commuting back and forth just didn't work out for me and my physical state. A sad chapter of my life... If I ever got to go back, I'd probably change to Musicology/Music History. But don't count on it... :'(
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I can't go to college because I'm disabled but if I could I'd major in video editing.
    They'd take away my benefits and I need them too much.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'm doing a Bachelor in Fine Arts and majoring in Digital Animation - Visual Effects stream. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I got a degree in geology with an emphasis in planetology and one in education.
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    I'm currently in the last two months of my Bachelor of Games (Programming)

In the future I would also like to do a post-grad course on Librarianship & Archival.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
    FosoSam wrote: »
    I'm currently in the last two months of my Bachelor of Games (Programming)

In the future I would also like to do a post-grad course on Librarianship & Archival.

Ohh congratulations!! You're almost there. :)
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    I just graduated from the English Nanny & Governess School. Yes, really.

Really.
    I just graduated from the English Nanny & Governess School. Yes, really.

Really.

Well that is the first time I have heard of that, lol! Right after I read your post, I googled "English Nanny and Governess School" and looked at their website. It was very interesting actually.. probably because I had never heard of such of thing.

Anyways, congratulations on graduating!! How exciting. It seems like a very rewarding job. :)
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif