Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Families actually live in Bluewater Village??

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 2
Is it bad that I didn't know there were families living in Bluewater Village and that there are actual residential lots in Downtown? Because I didn't until like 3 minutes ago when I was skimming through the Sims wiki.

I think I'm going to go sit down somewhere. I am so unobservant.

Also, how do I make Sims live in either Bluewater Village or Downtown?

Comments

• Options
    Joseph15266Joseph15266 Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2015
    Sub-neighborhoods work exactly like a normal neighborhood, you just create the Sims and move them into any house you want. But since they are connected to the main neighborhood, a family you create in Pleasantview can move to Bluewater Village if they want.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Don't risk using the occupied lots bin and move the house though - that feature is glitched to plumb! Simply move your Sims out of their current house, enter the subhood and select them from the family bin and place them in another home. Any previous unoccupied home will begin on a Monday on the last day of the Summer season.
    You can move between the main hood and any downtown or shopping district subhood.
    Many of us have been playing with a modded uberhood that connects a selected main hood (usually Pleasantview or Belladonna Cove) and all the other main hoods as shopping districts to the selected main hood. Moving Sims between hoods is extremely common for me as my Sims come home from college, move into an apt to begin careers and find a mate, then generally move to another hood to begin a family in a house.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Don't risk using the occupied lots bin and move the house though - that feature is glitched to plumb! Simply move your Sims out of their current house, enter the subhood and select them from the family bin and place them in another home. Any previous unoccupied home will begin on a Monday on the last day of the Summer season.
    You can move between the main hood and any downtown or shopping district subhood.
    Many of us have been playing with a modded uberhood that connects a selected main hood (usually Pleasantview or Belladonna Cove) and all the other main hoods as shopping districts to the selected main hood. Moving Sims between hoods is extremely common for me as my Sims come home from college, move into an apt to begin careers and find a mate, then generally move to another hood to begin a family in a house.
    wish i could do this but the uberhood mods are all seperate files can't find just 1 big download for them :(

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    thank you all. I'm going to try this when I go in game later.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Vacation Destinations are only place, where families cannot live.