Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show off your pets!

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2015
    Kitty overload

21bab814-8c3e-4003-85f4-3fe2f0214cd3_zps32fe7gln.jpg

481feafb-0a7e-4ff0-b46b-cc4013eaa618_zpszuhso8m7.jpg

0ac6b25e-eaa2-4b23-bc99-8080dcb38aa8_zpsfw0xkjtw.jpg

1e8e08f7-c04b-467e-85c6-2b6bfdba4c8f_zps4yidisgy.jpg
  • ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    @phoebebebe13 that is a cuteness overload
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Elesmera thank you. They are not as cute as they look. They are actually bad kitties, very playful and always into mischief . They work as a team :p
  • ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    Lol sounds like my cat her name is Pisicas she can be sweet and I am sorry for her, because she hurt her back and can't walk or jump well but she scratches my feet, bites my hair, swallows string, chases my other cat snowflake off of the bed, and keeps me up at night, despite all that I still love her
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    (R.I.P Br560, who died of cuteness)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    chips46 wrote: »
    Pet mice they are so funny to watch
    x2njno.jpg

I'd like to share a story of the time I had mice as pets. First, of course, it took a while to gain all of their trust to the point whenever I put my hand in their cage they all would jump into my hand to be picked up. All the mice got along and it was a very peaceful colony they had going. I watched the females stick together when one was giving birth. They literally lined up side by side and every time a baby was born they passed the baby down to each other until the last female would put them in a pile next to her. She also had the job of keeping the males away/protecting the babies every time they were curious and got to close. I've never seen so much team work and care in any of the pets I had before like that.

One day, I got a new addition to the family and I named him Ben. However right away I noticed Ben was completely different than the rest in personality. He would always snatch the food from the other mice every time they picked a sunflower seed, corn kernal or whatever. Always was picking fights and just generally destroying that peaceful community. He got in one fight with the wrong mouse and his ear was half bitten off. It intrigued me as to why this one mouse was so mean and causing so much havoc when everyone was friendly and welcoming. I came home from school one day and as usual the first place I would run is to my room to check up on my mice. But when I got there, I could tell something was very wrong. All the mice were piled up and sleeping in the food bowl and this was strange to me because they have never done that before, so I immediately thought...where's Ben? So I went to wake them all up and sure enough there was Ben at the bottom of the food dish, dead. So I figured they all got fed up with him and killed him. He had no external injuries so like I suspected they must of ganged up on him and just suffocated him.

====================================

My ferrets remind me a lot of that peaceful mice community. Panda is the first ferret I got. Well initially it was Panda and Snow but Snow scared me therefore actually stressed me out and gave me anxiety because he always would bite me or anyone. I was even afraid to pick him up or even interact with him even though I forced myself. So because of that, I exchanged him with my current ferret named Pablo. At the time Panda was 6 months old and Pablo 2 months old. So naturally at that age, Pablo was very hyper and wanted to play all the time which can be difficult for older ferrets. But although quite annoyed, Panda was very patient with Pablo and never harmed him. The only thing I ever saw her do besides constantly hissing at him in annoyance, was drag him across the futon until he fell off. I didn't intervene because that is their way of communicating. Like telling him, she is annoyed with him constantly bugging her so stop and/or she is the boss. As long as their is no bloodshed, injure, no fear, etc then its fine to just let them be...weasels.

But the good thing is Panda and Pablo has grown to have a close bond and often would play together. Then later I introduced Sable to the family and she quickly took a liking to Panda and vice versa. Because she was closer to Pablo's age, I thought that would help for them two to play together so as to not always be bothering Panda. Although I also did think that could backfire if both of them bother Panda with their rambunctiousness, lol. But again they all got along just fine. I noticed how welcoming Panda was and caring too. She grooms everyone the most compared to the other ferrets. Then lastly was Takoda who joined the family. Panda welcomed him too and it seems like they all have been friends since forever. I've never witnessed a real fight and hope I don't ever. I rarely ever hear any of them hiss much. So from what I learned why my ferrets hiss is when they are annoyed or angry. Although not all ferret hisses mean they are upset, it really depends how vocal the ferret is and the situation of when they hiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-0x0OozRm4

When I'm chasing them or playing with toys with them, they usually make a dooking sound. I had a laser and I don't know what I did with it but they loved chasing that around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k40xkJOt0Bo

And I always see them doing the happy weasel war dance. They are so funny, a lot of times they don't watch where they are going and often will run into objects or the wall. Or even fall off the bed, etc jumping and rolling all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9AVvoQozzU

f0165l.jpg
    Every time I have an one on one playtime with Pablo, he loves going behind the tv stand and knocking anything he can over.

10fc2o6.jpg
    Sable to the left, Panda in the center and Takoda to the right all taking a nap together.

zv24wn.jpg
    I found Takoda like this when putting them in for bedtime. This was actually one of his favorite sleeping spots, lol.

I want to take pictures of them outside. I've been waiting until it gets cooler to take them out because ferrets can easily suffer from heatstroke. They can handle the cold better than the heat. Otherwise sometimes I'll pick one to come outside with me to the mailbox and back or take a short walk while they are in pet carrier backpack. I have this one. I wish the tether was adjustable but I'll know next what I would like if I get another.

e97qyp.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    chips46 wrote: »
    Pet mice they are so funny to watch
    x2njno.jpg

I'd like to share a story of the time I had mice as pets. First, of course, it took a while to gain all of their trust to the point whenever I put my hand in their cage they all would jump into my hand to be picked up. All the mice got along and it was a very peaceful colony they had going. I watched the females stick together when one was giving birth. They literally lined up side by side and every time a baby was born they passed the baby down to each other until the last female would put them in a pile next to her. She also had the job of keeping the males away/protecting the babies every time they were curious and got to close. I've never seen so much team work and care in any of the pets I had before like that.

One day, I got a new addition to the family and I named him Ben. However right away I noticed Ben was completely different than the rest in personality. He would always snatch the food from the other mice every time they picked a sunflower seed, corn kernal or whatever. Always was picking fights and just generally destroying that peaceful community. He got in one fight with the wrong mouse and his ear was half bitten off. It intrigued me as to why this one mouse was so mean and causing so much havoc when everyone was friendly and welcoming. I came home from school one day and as usual the first place I would run is to my room to check up on my mice. But when I got there, I could tell something was very wrong. All the mice were piled up and sleeping in the food bowl and this was strange to me because they have never done that before, so I immediately thought...where's Ben? So I went to wake them all up and sure enough there was Ben at the bottom of the food dish, dead. So I figured they all got fed up with him and killed him. He had no external injuries so like I suspected they must of ganged up on him and just suffocated him.

====================================

My ferrets remind me a lot of that peaceful mice community. Panda is the first ferret I got. Well initially it was Panda and Snow but Snow scared me therefore actually stressed me out and gave me anxiety because he always would bite me or anyone. I was even afraid to pick him up or even interact with him even though I forced myself. So because of that, I exchanged him with my current ferret named Pablo. At the time Panda was 6 months old and Pablo 2 months old. So naturally at that age, Pablo was very hyper and wanted to play all the time which can be difficult for older ferrets. But although quite annoyed, Panda was very patient with Pablo and never harmed him. The only thing I ever saw her do besides constantly hissing at him in annoyance, was drag him across the futon until he fell off. I didn't intervene because that is their way of communicating. Like telling him, she is annoyed with him constantly bugging her so stop and/or she is the boss. As long as their is no bloodshed, injure, no fear, etc then its fine to just let them be...weasels.

But the good thing is Panda and Pablo has grown to have a close bond and often would play together. Then later I introduced Sable to the family and she quickly took a liking to Panda and vice versa. Because she was closer to Pablo's age, I thought that would help for them two to play together so as to not always be bothering Panda. Although I also did think that could backfire if both of them bother Panda with their rambunctiousness, lol. But again they all got along just fine. I noticed how welcoming Panda was and caring too. She grooms everyone the most compared to the other ferrets. Then lastly was Takoda who joined the family. Panda welcomed him too and it seems like they all have been friends since forever. I've never witnessed a real fight and hope I don't ever. I rarely ever hear any of them hiss much. So from what I learned why my ferrets hiss is when they are annoyed or angry. Although not all ferret hisses mean they are upset, it really depends how vocal the ferret is and the situation of when they hiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-0x0OozRm4

When I'm chasing them or playing with toys with them, they usually make a dooking sound. I had a laser and I don't know what I did with it but they loved chasing that around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k40xkJOt0Bo

And I always see them doing the happy weasel war dance. They are so funny, a lot of times they don't watch where they are going and often will run into objects or the wall. Or even fall off the bed, etc jumping and rolling all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9AVvoQozzU

f0165l.jpg
    Every time I have an one on one playtime with Pablo, he loves going behind the tv stand and knocking anything he can over.

10fc2o6.jpg
    Sable to the left, Panda in the center and Takoda to the right all taking a nap together.

zv24wn.jpg
    I found Takoda like this when putting them in for bedtime. This was actually one of his favorite sleeping spots, lol.

I want to take pictures of them outside. I've been waiting until it gets cooler to take them out because ferrets can easily suffer from heatstroke. They can handle the cold better than the heat. Otherwise sometimes I'll pick one to come outside with me to the mailbox and back or take a short walk while they are in pet carrier backpack. I have this one. I wish the tether was adjustable but I'll know next what I would like if I get another.

e97qyp.jpg

Your animals are so cute!

Your story about Ben made me giggle so much. Thanks for making my day :D
    Br560.
  • Ahh! This thread reminds me of when of I was obsessed with getting a hedgehog- now my fish have taken up the spot for them I would've had, anyways.

Is it bad to giggle a bit about Ben? I mean, come on, that is something!
    Ahh! This thread reminds me of when of I was obsessed with getting a hedgehog- now my fish have taken up the spot for them I would've had, anyways.

Is it bad to giggle a bit about Ben? I mean, come on, that is something!

Don't worry... we all giggled about Ben.
    Br560.
  • EmilyWithHopeEmilyWithHope Posts: 354 Member
    I love this thread, pets are the best!!! <3
    "I've seen better days, but I've also seen worse. I don't have everything that I want, but I do have all I need. I woke up with some aches & pains, but I woke up. My life may not be perfect, but I am blessed."
    I love this thread, pets are the best!!! <3

They sure are!
    Br560.
    edited September 2015
    I'm gonna kick this thread :smiley:

(basically my version of bumping)
    Br560.
  • KatryinKatryin Posts: 125 Member
    My german shepherd Rommi.
    xcA9IXF.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I already shared pictures of my two Shetland ponies a while ago, saying I would do the rest of my pets later. So, here's the dog and one of the cats:
    906051_950493788348414_2191563431313925933_o.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    Katryin wrote: »
    My german shepherd Rommi.
    xcA9IXF.jpg
    I already shared pictures of my two Shetland ponies a while ago, saying I would do the rest of my pets later. So, here's the dog and one of the cats:
    906051_950493788348414_2191563431313925933_o.jpg

They'll all soo cute :D
    Br560.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    My partner and I got a small kitten who was about 12 weeks old off my friend, who had found it in a bush when she was tiny. I was told by my friend that this kitten was a boy. When taking it to the vets, I was told 'he' was actually a 'she'! I had already named 'him' Memphis and decided to keep the name for her. We also have a nickname for her - Mooie lol.

mooie3_zpsenjn9qf3.jpg

For the first few weeks with us, she was so frightened. She hid anywhere she could. But she quickly found her feet and now 'owns' the flat lol.

mooie2_zpslxrl2qzz.jpg

She's one very spoilt cat (she's still under a year old) She's recently been spayed (and the whole vets thing was an ordeal in itself) Memphis follows me everywhere. I cannot even go to the bathroom alone with her sitting on my lap. She even comes to bed at night when I tell her, and snuggles up by my feet at the end of the bed. And she hates my partner :P She's not horrible to him, but only likes him when he's got food.

mooie_zpsdnetvqpr.jpg
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

simlish1 wrote: »
    My partner and I got a small kitten who was about 12 weeks old off my friend, who had found it in a bush when she was tiny. I was told by my friend that this kitten was a boy. When taking it to the vets, I was told 'he' was actually a 'she'! I had already named 'him' Memphis and decided to keep the name for her. We also have a nickname for her - Mooie lol.

mooie3_zpsenjn9qf3.jpg

For the first few weeks with us, she was so frightened. She hid anywhere she could. But she quickly found her feet and now 'owns' the flat lol.

mooie2_zpslxrl2qzz.jpg

She's one very spoilt cat (she's still under a year old) She's recently been spayed (and the whole vets thing was an ordeal in itself) Memphis follows me everywhere. I cannot even go to the bathroom alone with her sitting on my lap. She even comes to bed at night when I tell her, and snuggles up by my feet at the end of the bed. And she hates my partner :P She's not horrible to him, but only likes him when he's got food.

mooie_zpsdnetvqpr.jpg

(squeal) KITTEN!
    Br560.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    @simlish1 Your cat is gorgeous! And she looks so much like our Indy! Who we thought was a girl and turned out to be a boy - so we pretend to have named him after Indiana Jones, which suits him because he's quite the adventurer. It's the cat that's in the picture I posted above, the one with the dog.
    This is him when he was still small (he's five now):
    197403_204762656216475_7941032_n.jpg?oh=71be260b0d18ef333bda11e911ab2520&oe=569B36F8
    183217_204762722883135_1230241_n.jpg?oh=6a49475d5d61b577f3827ad261c70b24&oe=569F6A60
    196319_204762919549782_3184272_n.jpg?oh=ff42b1b2dc8e55ef18e16af648f974bc&oe=56966843
    And this picture ^ reminds me of that time he thought he could walk on ice... Luckily we were near and could get him out (it was just a tiny bit of water, so not particularly dangerous for humans but quite a big deal for a little kitten) and get him home and warm. As I said, he's an adventurer...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Awww they're all so cute! Here's my dog, she's a purebred brown Labrador named Dory. She turned 6 on the 6th! :D
    2hyhu9c.jpg
    if2aa9.jpg
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}
  • skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    My first time uploading a pic so not sure if im doing this right! This is one of my 7 maltese. This one is Angus bfjjf5.jpg
    edited September 2015
    And here he is with his brother and 2 sisters. (Theo, Ellie and Isla) 25srlex.jpg ...And yes, this was their first birthday Party .. my dogs have birthday parties! :blush:
    Post edited by skyeuk05 on
    And last but not least my other 3 - their mum floee, dad hamish and their aunty Mya.
    292a449.jpg
    2eapg68.jpg
    2j4y2ch.jpg
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
    My dog Brownie. I used to talk about him a lot on here but it annoyed people so I stopped. lol

WzPUhMh.jpg
  • Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    P1060370.JPG

Mine is a Great Pyrenees. Trust me on this, if you can get a dog, always get the biggest and fluffiest one you can find.
    NAW! THEY'RE SO CUTE :D

My dog Brownie. I used to talk about him a lot on here but it annoyed people so I stopped. lol

WzPUhMh.jpg

Don't worry... this is a thread where you can sit there and talk for your pets for HOURS... and we'll still read it!
    Br560.