Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims act like something smells bad in store.

Mostly the store is a food store. sells fish, baked goods, fruits, and vegetables. The main owner has the neat trait. do if something is dirty it will say she is uncomfortable. The issue is I keep things clean. Even if she is not uncomfortable, and she is not complaining the people who come in wave their hand in front of their face, and act like something smalls bad. I have checked everything. I checked all the fish, fruits, vegi, and baked goods. They are all still fresh. So what is wrong?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Are the display surfaces clean? I noticed that my neat sims don't get uncomfortable if the display surfaces are dirty.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Check there isn't a cheap fridge in there.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    Mostly the store is a food store. sells fish, baked goods, fruits, and vegetables. The main owner has the neat trait. do if something is dirty it will say she is uncomfortable. The issue is I keep things clean. Even if she is not uncomfortable, and she is not complaining the people who come in wave their hand in front of their face, and act like something smalls bad. I have checked everything. I checked all the fish, fruits, vegi, and baked goods. They are all still fresh. So what is wrong?

Check the fridge for any spoiled food, or maybe empty plates? Check if the counters are clean and if the garbage can is full.

• SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    Check for broken signs. Sims don't like broken signs.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    It's probably on the sims themselves, on the areas you don't see. ;)
  • Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    the counters and surfaces that you display purchasable items on will automatically become dirty...click on them and you will get an option to clean...this is part of running a store, keeping the place clean...either the owner can clean or you can direct employees to clean (employees may also automatically clean, depending on their "stats")...welcome to Get to Work ;)
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    This kept happening to me at one point. I play with the walls down so didn't notice that I had broken light fixtures. Once I finally fixed them every one stopped complaining about the "smell".
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I keep having that happen at random places. My sim goes to the bar, other sims act like something stinks but none of the sims have a green cloud.... I can't find any signs of anything being dirty or stinky.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    mine do get uncomfortable. yes
    Are the display surfaces clean? I noticed that my neat sims don't get uncomfortable if the display surfaces are dirty.

they are clean.
    Simsdx wrote: »
    Alorapop wrote: »

Check the fridge for any spoiled food, or maybe empty plates? Check if the counters are clean and if the garbage can is full.

I did no spoiled food, or empty plates.
    aaaah totally forgot about those signs lol
  • tilghmansim3tilghmansim3 Posts: 56 Member
    I think it's the cheapest counter ( the second hand one ) that smells... I've have a store with no surfaces except the counter and my sims react that way
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Probably the broken sign. They count it as trash so everytime they walk in they are unhappy about it. I forgot about them too because I usually play with walls down.
    What is a broken sign? The sign that is left after something is sold?

I am getting this bad smell effect as well - driving me nuts. I have clicked on the signs and can find no repair option. They complain of a bad smell if something isn't restocked?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2015
    Counters, and display cases have to be cleaned with vinegar. So do the bars now. They will start to smell it and or react long before you see it. Also, water stands under sinks, counters and stoves. If you can't find the problem move the furniture. The neon sign breaks sometimes.

ETA: Glass table tops set to sell like the dining table will also get filthy and have to clean it, but no way to clean it unless you set it not for sale, then clean, and reset for sale again. Not worth the trouble they cause in a furniture store.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2015
    I am having this problem again. It is obviously the counter that smells, but I can not get a clean interaction.

The only way I have managed to solve it is to sell the counter and buy a new one. Ridiculous. O and BTW, a search on counters in build mode doesn't bring up retail counters - sloppy.

I did think that maybe hiring an employee and instructing them to clean might get round it, but I seem absolutely unable to get an employee that will follow just one instruction. I have now hired and fired 5 of 'em. The first employee that will follow just one instruction in whole work day will get kept.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    I am having this problem again. It is obviously the counter that smells, but I can not get a clean interaction.

The only way I have managed to solve it is to sell the counter and buy a new one. Ridiculous. O and BTW, a search on counters in build mode doesn't bring up retail counters - sloppy.

I did think that maybe hiring an employee and instructing them to clean might get round it, but I seem absolutely unable to get an employee that will follow just one instruction. I have now hired and fired 5 of 'em. The first employee that will follow just one instruction in whole work day will get kept.

They can smell it long before you can see it. And if you are in a bar now, the bartender is in the way and doesn't clean it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

They can smell it long before you can see it. And if you are in a bar now, the bartender is in the way and doesn't clean it.

This is in a retail store. I have had no trouble getting a clean interaction on drinks bar. It only seems to happen for my retail counters.

I understand it is not immediately obvious, but I once left it for 3 days. I'd have thought the grime should be showing by then. I am becoming pretty convinced this is a bug.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Doesn't matter the Sims can smell the nasty counter or bars long before you can see it.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Doesn't matter the Sims can smell the nasty counter or bars long before you can see it.

And there is nothing that I can do about it? That doesn't grok for me. :confounded:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    In my game, it was the new counter for the register. All of them. Turns out they have focus aura, but since I can't click on it; I can't clean it nor enable the aura. :) Get rid of the counter and use a regular kitchen counter instead. :)
    have2admit wrote: »
    In my game, it was the new counter for the register. All of them. Turns out they have focus aura, but since I can't click on it; I can't clean it nor enable the aura. :) Get rid of the counter and use a regular kitchen counter instead. :)

Thank you :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    it happens in my store as well, nothing is broken or dirty, but all the sims coming in act like they smell something bad, I have checked everything, it keeps happening
    I will replace the store counter to see if that helps
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Signs can break? This has never happened in my store.
  • joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    maybe it's the new "get together" ep? I know that stinks :mask:
    I took the pledge