Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited September 2015
    Congratulations @kezflake and @InvisibleLyndz for winning Challenge 25. All the entries was really great, well done. <3:)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    @BuildnShare Thanks for the feedback, this 2nd place win was so unexpected with all the great entries. Congratulations @InvisibleLyndz for your win too.
  • Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    umm...sorry... @BuildnShare Did not everyone gets feedback?
    and congrats to the winners :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations @InvisibleLyndz and @kezflake! :star::star: All the entries were fabulous! :)
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    :star::star: Congrats everyone!! :star::star: Thanks @BuildnShare for 2nd place and for such positive feedback! I love farms and couldn't resist such a fun challenge! :blush:
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #25 - SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN!

@BUTTONSGINGER

Wow, you have worked wonders with this house! I am mightily impressed with the theme, inspired by the alien mushroom and the way you have translated this to form such an incredible place. Excellent roof design, the shape looks very soft and mushroom like and all the lights give a spaceship appearance. The colours of the build and the landscaping look almost surreal and the crimson and turquoise provide great contrast. Lovely area at the rear, pleased to see you've included a spaceship and also one for the kids! Your interior design is exquisite and very well thought out with your excellent choice and placement of furnishings and objects. I actually got the feeling of being inside a spaceship!

Suggestions: The landscaping at the front adds considerable interest to the house. However, the orbs, etc seem a little lost in the centre. I think if you carried the type of planting on from the right along the front border to the path this would create a more defined orb area and add more interest and mystery here.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@BUTTONSGINGER
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you so much for the positive comments. I felt the alien mushroom really let me go "way out" there when renovating the home. I do realize the landscaping was lacking quite a bit, unfortunately I was rushed for time even with the two week allowance. I really enjoyed this challenge! I hope to join more challenges in the near future.
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #26 - The Novelist

@mommataurus2

Opulent Seclusion is a very appropriate name for your build which is extremely luxurious and private with beautiful views. The build is enhanced by the arches and columns and your great choice of windows. The design of the courtyard looks formal yet relaxing and the fountain makes it very soothing. The lights will create fabulous effects at night! Your interior design is both stylish and elegant with good sized rooms, all decorated and furnished beautifully. I love the lavish TV room with the drapes and comfortable seating.

Suggestions: The interiors walls would benefit greatly with the addition of more pictures or wall hangings to add that little extra interest. Regarding the presentation, remember to turn grid lines off by hitting ‘g’ when taking pics. We also like to see overhead shots of the whole site plan and each floor so we can see the overall layout, together with a shot with the roof up in order to see the roof lines.

@lisa17ann

Wonderful monotone textures used on the exterior of The Novelist Nest, giving a dark and sombre appearance leading to ‘secluded dramatic’. Excellent choice of plants which contrast well with the build. The rear garden is wonderfully private behind the high fence with beautiful landscaping and great use of terrain paint to create pathways and patio. Good to see you’ve brought the colour scheme indoors to create a stylish and elegant design. The lush red colour works really well in the luxurious lounge and bar. Love the design and décor of the master bedroom, the walk-in closet is a fabulous addition and the private balcony is just perfect for yoga and overlooking those beautiful views.

Suggestions: I think the writing study could be enhanced with the addition of a little extra clutter, plants or furniture, perhaps placed either side of the fire. It would also be interesting to see if a marble floor would look more luxurious than the wooden floor.

@lisa17ann

GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare I guess it's just the two of us @mommataurus2 lol yours was great it must of been close:)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited September 2015
    Congrats @lisa17ann for winning #BnS26 Established level! :smiley::star:
    Your work is flawless and you should deserved to join the Expert side, haha! :grin:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @RyeCris16 well flawless *blushes* you flatter me! lol :D I don't want to join the Expert side it looks scary lol

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congrats @lisa17ann, well done. You and @mommataurus2 did great builds. <3:)
    Thanks @Issabella14 =) I agree mommatauraus2 was lovely

• mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Congrats @Lisa17ann your build was great! It appears as though this just got real! haha. It's on! ;)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #25 - SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN!

@ChelsieLouise

Excellent choice of inspiration object, the picture of the four plumbobs is bright and colourful, modern and vibrant. It's great to see this has inspired your wonderful colour scheme throughout the entire build. Pretty front appearance using plants and hedging and the potted plants and pictures really liven up the front porch. Perhaps some seating here would be good to watch the world go by. Wonderful rear design using all the space provided to create different areas of relaxation, the high fencing gives total privacy. Great interior design using the colours of the plumbob pic. Love the pink kitchen, very hi-tech and the brick walls look fantastic here. The green dividers section the areas well and are a great contrast with the pink/purple. The orange lounge looks very sunny and cheery, most certainly uplifting!

Suggestions: I believe the front of your build could be greatly enhanced by using more terrain paint to create either a driveway for the vehicle, perhaps with gravel, or maybe a dirt track with tyre marks on the grass. Spray a little paint under the trees to give a more realistic appearance. Regarding the presentation we like to see the pictures titled. We also like to see overhead shots of the entire site, each floor of the build to see the overall layout and one with the roof up so we can see the rooflines.

@InvisibleLyndz

Sea-Esta Vile is a very beautiful beach style villa, you have captured the theme extraordinarily well. Perfect choice of exterior wall textures, windows, fencing and the spandrels add to the beauty of this build. Excellent use of terrain paint to create a sandy beach with coastal plants and grasses. The rocks lining the path provide a very welcoming appearance, along with the palm trees. Awesome backyard with the pier leading out to the water and the two beach huts look so quaint! You've made great use of these as a massage room and woodwork room. The interior design is impeccable with a wonderful layout. All rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished in keeping with the coastal style and each one packed full of interest, using shelves, ornaments/objects, mats, plants and pictures. I absolutely love how you've created the windows seats by the TV lounge.

Suggestions: Watch out for plants coming through walls, I spotted this in the kids room, use the 'alt' key to shift them away. Also noticed a 'hole' in the ceiling on the ground floor by the stairs, angle the camera to avoid this. The wall dividing the single bedrooms also divides the window, not sure if this looks quite right, maybe use two single windows here.

@mommataurus2

A wonderful bright and cheery appearance to your design which oozes Summer. The warm brown and orange wall textures and your choice of windows provide great interest to the exterior, as do the colourful planting, rocks and 'inspiration' chairs around the fire pit. Very interesting pool design at the rear, this really breaks the space up well, enabling different areas/niches. Good to see you brought the brown and orange tones indoors, creating a very warm and ambient appearance. The open plan living/dining/kitchen is spacious and well laid out. I really love the kitchen area with the central island. The first floor looks very exotic and is furnished beautifully. Awesome meditation room with the leafy plants and candles, very Zen like!

Suggestions: We judge primarily on the slideshow so it's important to show a few shots of each room at different angles. We like to see overhead shots of the entire site, as well as each floor so we can see the overall layout and one with roof up in order to see the rooflines. When taking pics remember to turn the grid lines off by hitting 'G' on the keyboard.

@kezflake

Excellent choice of inspiration object to create a family home based on space travel and science. Good contrasting exterior wall finishes with modern window styles give the home a contemporary feel. The geometric paving and 'designer' planting provide a very interesting appearance, very space like indeed! Lots of different areas at the rear with plenty to do. I love the structure you have created over the pool and the kids pretend new planet area looks awesome! Wonderful open plan concept on the ground floor with windowed walls dividing the areas. The kitchen is a beautiful design with built-in appliances and the 'L' shaped sofa is perfect for this area. Your choice of natural tones add to the space/science theme giving a soft neutral look all round. The rocks, elements and space pictures area great enhancements, all adding to the futuristic feel.

Suggestions: The rear of the property is absolutely wonderful, full of interest and beautifully designed. However, I feel there is a little too much going on, especially at the side where the kids area is located. Maybe by eliminating the observatory here and moving the fence and everything back a little would provide a neater, more flowing, space.

@Don_Oello

Excellent interpretation of your inspiration object into the entire build, you've done a fantastic job. The western style starts wonderfully outside with the terracotta and shades of brown contrasting well with your great choice of windows, though I see one is missing at the front! Fantastic choice of plants and path, giving a great desert like appearance. Lovely porch at the rear, perfect for a bbq or simply relaxing. It's great to see you've brought the style indoors. The bar area is very authentic and realistic looking with the muted brown and green tones and wooden floor. Lots to do here with the bar, card table and piano. Great layout throughout and good to see you've transformed the first floor into an office and a yoga room to relieve stress.

Suggestions: I think the rear porch would benefit from some steps leading down to the monkey bars. It would have been good to see an overhead shot of the full site to appreciate the landscaping at the rear. The front porch looks in need of a little decoration, perhaps a few potted plants or maybe a table between the benches.

@InvisibleLyndz

Second place goes to ....

@kezflake

Some how I totally missed this :# Congrautlations @InvisibleLyndz for winning and @kezflake for runner up. Both were just so lovely!
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #26 - The Novelist

@mommataurus2

Opulent Seclusion is a very appropriate name for your build which is extremely luxurious and private with beautiful views. The build is enhanced by the arches and columns and your great choice of windows. The design of the courtyard looks formal yet relaxing and the fountain makes it very soothing. The lights will create fabulous effects at night! Your interior design is both stylish and elegant with good sized rooms, all decorated and furnished beautifully. I love the lavish TV room with the drapes and comfortable seating.

Suggestions: The interiors walls would benefit greatly with the addition of more pictures or wall hangings to add that little extra interest. Regarding the presentation, remember to turn grid lines off by hitting ‘g’ when taking pics. We also like to see overhead shots of the whole site plan and each floor so we can see the overall layout, together with a shot with the roof up in order to see the roof lines.

@lisa17ann

Wonderful monotone textures used on the exterior of The Novelist Nest, giving a dark and sombre appearance leading to ‘secluded dramatic’. Excellent choice of plants which contrast well with the build. The rear garden is wonderfully private behind the high fence with beautiful landscaping and great use of terrain paint to create pathways and patio. Good to see you’ve brought the colour scheme indoors to create a stylish and elegant design. The lush red colour works really well in the luxurious lounge and bar. Love the design and décor of the master bedroom, the walk-in closet is a fabulous addition and the private balcony is just perfect for yoga and overlooking those beautiful views.

Suggestions: I think the writing study could be enhanced with the addition of a little extra clutter, plants or furniture, perhaps placed either side of the fire. It would also be interesting to see if a marble floor would look more luxurious than the wooden floor.

@lisa17ann

Congratulation @lisa17181 for winning and great creation @mommataurus2 :)

ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #28 - Techno...what?

@mommataurus2

Comic Store/Apartment is a very unique and unusual design with a great choice of exterior finishes and windows, giving a commercial yet homely appearance. Great idea to include a shop within your build! Really like the first floor layout with the balcony leading from the bedroom, it will be wonderful to watch the sunset here. Love the pink dashes of colour throughout, this really brings vibrance and life to the build.

Suggestions: To me this build is crying out for landscaping, even if it's minimal. There seems to be a huge amount of paving which could be broken down into 'areas'. Budget is an issue, but terrain paint is free and adding some planted areas would add lots of interest, as would benches or perhaps water features.

Sim Challenge: Tashira Nuvalis is so fabulous and happy looking, I really love her pink wardrobe, it suits her perfectly!

@kamb1403

Techno Sonic is a gorgeous modern unique design with a good choice of complementary exterior finishes. Beautiful choice of plants which greatly enhance the build, giving a very attractive appearance. Good interior layout, decorated and furnished deliciously in pink. Love the balcony, perfect for watching the sunset.

Suggestions: Watch the budget, which always (unless otherwise stated) includes the lost cost plus the Gallery cost. We judge primarily from the pictures you provide so make sure you show a few shots of each room/area at different angles. We like to see overhead shots of each floor to see the general layout and a shot with the roof up in order to see the rooflines. Your interior design is gorgeous, however there were a few blank walls which could benefit from the addition of wall decoration/pictures.

@RyeCris14

Pinky Techie Mini is a wonderful modern design, very neat and compact with good contrasting exterior textures. Minimal landscaping here which is good for a modern build. Lovely balcony to watch the sunset, surrounded by the half wall which provides privacy as well as being in keeping with the house design. Great interior layout, modern and stylish with the pink theme throughout. Really love the loft room.

Suggestions: Take pics in live mode to avoid the white line around the lot. The exterior wall on the right could benefit from some addition, perhaps a small window balcony or even some plants maybe.

@Don_Oello

Wonderful contrasting exterior textures used on Paint it Pink Starter which really complement each other well. Lovely modern structure with a neat and tidy appearance. Excellent interior layout, compact yet spacious, very well designed. Pretty pink and white colour scheme flowing from room to room, giving the whole design an elegant appearance.

Suggestions: This build would benefit from more attention to the landscaping. Perhaps some planted borders at the front would add colour and more interest to the exterior.

@Don_Oello

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@mommataurus2
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited October 2015
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare for the great review and even the encouraging constructive criticisms! :) Thanks also for pointing out about the right wall in exterior and even the white lines when taking a shot, I actually do taking on build mode so I could get the afternoon shot, but it won't happen again! :)

Whew! I'm glad you're not suggesting me to go to Starting Out! :sweat_smile: I was so afraid after submitting the entry because I lacked the balcony objects and even the landscaping, haha!

And of course, congratulations @Don_Oello for winning the challenge and @mommataurus2 for the Sim challenge! Your works are both wonderful! :smiley::star::star:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    thank you @BuildnShare , my 1st win in this category.
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited October 2015
    Congrats to the winners !!

@BuildnShare , I can´t thank anything by the moment, but the most I enjoyed making this challenge. It seems like I don´t exist. Where are my "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?" Did I infrige any rule? If that is the case, my apologizes, if don´t, I feel really bad right now.

Sorry, I´m new here, I don´t understand :neutral:

EDIT: Sorry !! LOL I feel stupid right now !! I´ve just read "ESTABLISHED" above right now !! :blush:
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Congrats to the winners !!

@BuildnShare , I can´t thank anything by the moment, but the most I enjoyed making this challenge. It seems like I don´t exist. Where are my "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?" Did I infrige any rule? If that is the case, my apologizes, if don´t, I feel really bad right now.

Sorry, I´m new here, I don´t understand :neutral:

Really glad you enjoyed the challenge @AIRIS6962 and please don't feel bad, you have not broken any rules! These are the results for the 'Established' category. You entered the 'Expert' category which have not been judged yet. We will post the 'Expert' results when they're done :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    I know now !! LOLOLOL Sorry !! hahahahaahaha I really feel stupid LOL :joy:
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I am so happy that I won the Sim challenge! Awesome! And thank you for your comments about my build. You are right, I didn't have enough landscaping. I actually had tons of landscaping and took it out because of budget! Doh!!!!!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback and congratulations to the winners.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top