Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 2 UC crashes W10

buffyfan1394buffyfan1394 Posts: 150 Member
HI all, yes I know this is the Sims 4 section, but I figured I'd have more luck posting here than the Sims 2 section. I've recently updated my computer to windows 10 and I get the following message whenever I try to play the sims 2 "This application has crashed, the application will now terminate". First I tried to remove all my mods, thinking that may be the problem. It wasn't. Then, I tried to repair my game through origin, and that didn't do anything either. I've done everything I can think of (Compatibility mode, windows mode, different screen resolution) and nothing at all works, and I'm really upset about it because it still is my favorite Sims game. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Try going into /documents/ea games/ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/config and renaming userProps.xml to userProps.xml.disabled. Then launch again -- the game will generate a new userProps.xml.
  • Options
    buffyfan1394buffyfan1394 Posts: 150 Member
    > @ejoslin said:
    > Try going into /documents/ea games/ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/config and renaming userProps.xml to userProps.xml.disabled. Then launch again -- the game will generate a new userProps.xml.

That didn't seem to help, it crashed while loading a family :/ thank you though!