Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

60smusicluvr's Rockin' Creations: Brooklyn Brownstones 8/5/20

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Heavenly Home Revamp is very nice! :) The texture of the exterior is very nice, and it looks great that you have added a second floor to the home. Very nice furnishing of and layout of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is nice and it looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. Sims will enjoy sitting eating a meal at the bar stool counter. The texture of the countertops looks nice. Very nice living room sitting nook area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The recoloured sofa looks nice. The bathroom is very nice. Very nice oceanic theming of the furnishings in the room, and the floor tiling looks nice. Great upstairs art nook and reading area for sims to enjoy sketching on the drafting table or enjoy sitting on the sofa there reading a book. The life ring and the boat patterned towels look nice. It looks very nice how you have done the master bedroom that you have posted the picture of. The clothes and shoes racks nook area is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the shelves on the bedhead wall. Very nice fenced swimming pool patio. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Thanks for your comments, rosemow. :blush:
    edited December 2018
    Family Friendly Treehouse

Whew! :sweat_smile: I had soooo much fun making this build. It was my first ever attempt at making a tree house and I'm pretty much in love with it. Lol. :D
    Screenshot-261_zpsiia2pzf9.jpg
    The only thing I'm not so sure about is the flooring above the porch. From a birds eye view, it does look a little funny. I did a little experimenting with bushes using MOO. I wasn't crazy for that look either, so I just left it alone.
    Screenshot-285_zpscjkt0izz.jpg
    Another first for TS3. Yes, TS3. I've made bridges and things before in TS2, just so we're clear... Anyway, I wanted to do an arch on this one, but the elevation controls made it difficult. Is it just me or are they waaaay more sensitive than the ones in TS2?
    Screenshot-287_zpsytusdmyy.jpg
    I placed this build on a secluded lot in Hidden Springs. If you have Ambitions, I believe I put it in place of the private venue, portapotty warehouse...? That is the name of it, right? :flushed:
    Screenshot-263_zpshfvd5fub.jpg
    Because the house is pink, I went with a cute theme throughout the whole house. The fairy tree house fits with it perfectly, I think. :)
    Screenshot-271_zpsaqxbjowq.jpg
    A little bit of a mess in front of the door...
    Screenshot-272_zpspyfy5tap.jpg
    ...And on the other side you'll find this.
    Screenshot-274_zpsjtasazev.jpg
    The TV room.
    Screenshot-270_zpsqkn81wh4.jpg
    The first room I started with always seems to be the kitchen. Sets off the rest of the look of the house... Okay, okay. I just have to make sure that it's big enough to fit at least one of those cooking objects from the store. The bakers station fit well. :blush:
    Screenshot-276_zpsmaq6pas0.jpg
    The darkest room of the house is the bathroom. Nothing special, really.
    Screenshot-281_zpsxag9y2gs.jpg
    You'll find this upstairs. I really just wanted to fill the space, rather than just being a boring "hallway" (quoted because it's not much of a hall ;) ). Oops. :flushed: I took a picture of the other side of the hallway, but I don't want to go back to photobucket to retrieve the dang thing. *is lazy*
    Screenshot-278_zpsv2mwsnpv.jpg
    This is the smallest of the three bedrooms and less girly than the rest of the house. I wanted something that could work both ways. It's unisex.
    Screenshot-277_zpsldiwfd9b.jpg
    The other child's bedroom, complete with my new favorite object: pillows! I just found out that I had those! I guess they were there since generations. Haha! :heart_eyes:
    I had another picture for the parents room, but it didn't turn out so well. You can find it in the last picture of this post, bottom left. One of my tester sims from Hidden Springs is checking out the seat and dresser. I play tested with the Funke family and discovered the other dresser was too big to fit in the space, so I swapped it out with the one you see below. Everything seems to be working order, now. :)
    Screenshot-259_zpsp5dns3o4.jpg
    Birds eye view of the family area, or the second floor.
    Screenshot-258_zpstd6rv2nx.jpg
    The third floor, showing all the awkwardness of the remaining uninhabited flooring. :confounded:

Again, I left out a pic. It's just the screened in porch, below the second floor. It has a small art area and tea area. Connected to it is a slide for the kiddos and, to my amazement, it works (I had to elevate the ground, so that the slide would meet the end of the porch... I wanted it to look like another escape route for the family)!
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Who knew pink could be so cute? And I love the landscaping.

When I make the curved bridges, I always elevate some land nearby and put a foundation on it. Then I use CFE and the level tool to raise the center of the bridge.
    Family Friendly Treehouse is a very nice home! :) Very nice treehouse design of the home! The pink colour of the exterior of the home looks very nice! Very nice upper wraparound porch. The outdoors areas are so very nice! The bridge over the water is very nice! The flowers through the outdoors look very pretty! The wishing well, wheel and flower cart near the bridge are nice touches in the build. It is great that you have a bee hive there for sims to enjoy collecting honey from. Sims will enjoy sitting resting outdoors in the hanging chair, enjoying the sunshine and nice outdoors views. It is nice that you have placed a fairy house in the build. It suits the theme very well. The flowers , mushrooms lights, basket of eggs and rocks there around the fairy house look very nice there. Sims will have fun swinging on the swings. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The shoes rack, sports items, locker and school bags are nice home touches beside the front door. Nice armchair corner sitting and reading nook. Sims will enjoy resting there having a read of a book from the bookcase. The pink and green wall paneling in the rooms through the home looks pretty. Very nice tv room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv and having a chat. The scenic picture on the tv wall and daffodils on the coffee table are nice sights for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The patterning recolour of the pouffee chair and the sofa looks very nice. Sims will need to be wary of eating from the jelly bean plant! Very nice design of the kitchen! The hanging apron on the wall, the cookie jar on the oven shelf and the flour on the displsy racks look homely. It is great that you have placed the bakery oven in the kitchen for sims to enjoy using to bake items. The red rose on the dining table is nice for sims to see when eating their meals. The clock is a nice touch on the wall. The floor tiling looks nice. Very nice upper landing sofa and armchair sitting and chatting area. The birds and the pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. The leafy patterned floor rug looks nice there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The bunny theme of the smallest bedroom looks cute and very nice! The heart theme of the other kids bedroom is very nice! It looks very nice that you have used the heart pattern for the bed, placed heart pictures on the wall and the heart shaped photo frame in the room. The wall pattern looks very nice. The pillows look pretty in the room. The layout of the interior of the home is very nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
    @Ciane, just checking... Are you serious about the pink comment? I'm not that into it either, really. Mostly becuase that color looks terrible on me, but on flowers it's lovely. Kind of the same with orange. I hate that color so, so much! Unless it's a sunset or a Reese's wrapper, I want nothing to do with it. :confounded: Thanks! The landscaping was really fun to do!

*Facepalm* That's what people always do on YouTube videos! I'll have to watch one and write down the steps. I'm still learning the process. :)

@Rosemow, thank you very very much. :blush: You are so sweet!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yes! I like that pink wallpaper and the kitchen pop. And I love the flowers! I tend to just use a bit of pink mostly with white for little girls' rooms.
    I usually go for the wall sets, ciane. You know the castle and space one? I love those (although, I think something is wrong with them... Like there's one missing or something?)! I wish we had more of them in TS3. Used them so much in TS2.
    I'm FINALLY back! After months of setting things up for a real life move, I get to have internet and PLAY SIMS! :mrgreen:

Before I left, I had been playing the Monty family. Together, Patrizio and Isabella had 4 children total... But then Isabella died after eating something spicy (she set fire to a chair and got stuck & I tried to save her, but the fireman didn't care about her nor did her family members. Today, she wanders around the house, a little upset because Patrizio broke up with her ghost self :cry: ). ANYWAY, I'm sorry to bore you to death, but the eldest child, Bianca, is ready for university!!! Unfortunately, her dorm room looked too old school and I changed things up! :)

Malan Hall Dorm Renovation - CC free, as always and play tested for several sim weeks. :)

First floor Highlights (err the best taken screenshots) ...
    Screenshot-290_zps5fwwr3sy.jpg
    Screenshot-297_zpsw9ww74lf.jpg
    Screenshot-303_zpsre7ddokw.jpg

Second floor ""
    Screenshot-289_zpsbppy3mku.jpg
    Screenshot-321_zpsejirodfo.jpg
    Screenshot-312_zpsxd7xfmew.jpg
    Screenshot-315_zpsol8x2f8a.jpg
    Each of the levels of Malan Hall Dorm is very nice! :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the levels and areas. The white brick texture of the walls looks nice. The bedrooms look very nice! Very nice fireplace sitting nook in the one ofvthe bedrooms for sims to enjoy relaxing in the rocking chair whilst warming up near the fire. The plants are nice touches of nature on the fireplace wall. The trophies and toiletries look nice on the side wall shelf. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in another of the bedrooms. The shelves look nice how you have placed them on the bedhead wall. Very nice design of the kitchen. The wooden dining table and chairs complements with the kitchen cabinets and counters. Very nice study desks, library and art room! Sims will enjoy sittinh at the desks there using the computer or enjoy sitting resting on the sofa reading a book from the bookcase. Nice corner art nook for sims to enjoy sketching on the drafting table. The pictures on the walls of the rooms through the build add very nice looks to the areas.
    The dorm is very nice :)
    Thank you, @rosemow! :blush:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Popping in to say I took a look at your thread and I love how your sims have character. It's so easy to make cookie cutter pretty sims that it's great to see someone try something different. Well done :D
    @soocoolsim, thank you! :blush: And I totally agree; Making unique sims is sooo hard. That's why I share so few of them. :D
    This WIP has quite a few firsts, for me!

1) First time using the Castle Kit
    2) First time building Roller Coaster
    3) First time building a tent
    4) First time building a fully functional showtime stage, I hope! LOL.
    5) First time using the fog emitter

Here's what I've started so far...

Screenshot-11_zps2dgr5cmk.jpg

Just kidding! This is what I had, when my game froze up on me! :s

I had to redo the moat and waterfall... I know it's a little to the left. I was still adjusting the position, when it froze. Grr.

This is what it looks like, now! :)

Screenshot-15_zpsybinhwv3.jpg
    Screenshot-20_zps8j4efuvn.jpg
    Screenshot-21_zpscbuchfpq.jpg

Your WIP castle and roller coaster build is looking very nice! :) Very nice design of the exterior of the building! It looks great how the stairs are placed! The towers are very nice! The terrain work looks very great! It looks great how you have done the roller coaster! The carousel looks very nice in the build.
    It is looking great! :)
    My WIP is coming along! :smiley:

Screenshot-80_zpsucvqxgpq.jpg
    Screenshot-76_zpsabfraiyk.jpg
    Screenshot-67_zpszjoz3v1b.jpg
    Screenshot-70_zpsdspos7u2.jpg
    Screenshot-71_zpswfrrch0q.jpg

The showtime stage thingy works! YAY! :D

Screenshot-89_zpsw8scm9to.jpg
    The WIP is looking so very great! :) The layout of the build and the items in the different areas of the build look very great! The waterfall looks so very nice! It is nice that the hot air balloon is in the build. The way the roller coaster track is set up looks great! Sims will have fun doing the various activities at the build. Nice archery and Rock climbing wall areas. Very nice Showtime stage performance tent! Sims will enjoy performing and watching acts there.
    The build looks very nice! :)
    Thanks, @Rosemow! My WIP is pretty much done, now. I think I'll just do some touch ups... Maybe add some plants here & there & decor items. :)
    I'm done!

DOWNLOAD - NO CC, like always. :)

Screenshot-30_zpsjemanu1f.jpg
    Screenshot-24_zpsq0gwhfot.jpg
    Screenshot-83_zpstg4dpsla.jpg
    Screenshot-29_zpsotinkilf.jpg
    edited November 2015
    It is great that you have finished and uploaded Lady Bowmaster 's Amusements ! :) The design and layout of the build looks so very great! Sims will enjoy visiting the build and doing the variety of fun activities there! The way the stairs are placed looks very great! Very nice outdoors dining area! The type of BBQ that is there suits well the castle/medieval theme of the build. The sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the picnic table in the outdoors air. The jigsaw patterned flooring looks nice. Child Sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment. The balloons are a nice touch there. Very nice greenhouse! Sims will enjoy harvesting the plants that are growing there. They will need to be wary of the cowplant! The poppies, daffodils, sunflowers and purple flowers look so pretty in the area outside of the greenhouse! It is great that there is a fruit cart for sims to buy produce from at the build.
    The build is so very nice! :)
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    @60smusicluvr, your amusement park is adorable :smiley:
    I love the colors you have used and the way you have "devided" the different areas up. And your little castle building is just too cute! BIG Rec from here.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
    edited June 2016
    Well, it's that time again... Time for an UPDATE. WOOH!

I have a steampunk farm available to download right here. Pictures are available to see in there, but I'll be providing larger ones in this thread, in the next few days, as well as my usual discriptions. ;):D:)

EDIT: FIRST LOOK
    d294d3cd-8913-44ff-8a03-5e7d1f2a120b_zpspmkvrwe0.png

In addition to that, I'll have new cc-free sims to share (but you already knew they were cc-free, correct? *Points to original post* ).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the build you see there and look forward to my upcoming pictures of the lot as well as my sims. :)

... And I just wanted to add one more thing...

Don't feel shy about adding your very own creations in this creative corner. I, as well as many other simmers, love checking out everyone's builds. Needless to say, I'm thirsty for some pretty pics. ;)
    All in one steampunk farm is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the building! It looks so very great! The glass houses look very nice. Very nice roofing! I will look forward to seeing the larger pictures of the build and of your sims :)
    edited July 2016
    Alighty it's picture (& story) time! WOOH! B)

My All-In-One Steampunk Farm was a project I've wanted to do for quite awhile. I wanted something that would accommodate my favorite inventor sim, Leanne as well as my newly-er ( :D ) made sim, Fannie, who is a jockey. Together, I would combine steampunk & farm elements into one big lot. However, at the time I didn't realize it would be 64 by 64. :o So, at first, I pulled out a bunch of steampunk/industrial/Victorian/futuristic/farm items and determined which items were too modern for the look I was going for. So, unfortunately, lots of the cool windows, particularly from INTO THE FUTURE, didn't make the cut. :'( I did know with absolute certainty that I HAD to use the greenhouse, as I've seen so many cool steampunk builds with it, so those were a little bit of an inspiration for me. :heart_eyes: From there, I realized that the lot size was just too small to fit all those items (as I would have to constantly shuffle them around to make room for my build) and decided to upgrade to the final lot size. After that, I started the shell of the home. I never have a set plan, but a general idea started to emerge... The lot was big, so this house had to be big. I wanted both sides of the house to look symmetrical. The two greenhouses and the roof were my biggest priority because I had no idea if I could figure out how to do either. This was my first time ever working with the Manor items from TS3 store and the second time with the greenhouse, so it was a little nerve wracking, not knowing whether or not I would have to scrap the whole idea. But once I got the greenhouse to combine with the building I made, I had to continue with the roofing and thank goodness it worked out. I could see progress and I knew right then that this was going to be my new favorite build. :)

photoucket1_zpsiwn6d29s.png

I tried to be a little more patient than my usual pick color/copy&paste with CASt and came up with the outside look you see above. After that, I believe I did the tractor track or maybe it was the other way around. :tongue:

photobucket6_zpsbu5k0ugz.png
    photobucket15_zpsdpsaznyj.png

After that I started the inside and knew that I wanted to use the Manor stairs as well because it would compliment a large home like this one. They'd be in view as soon as your sims walk in and I thought that would look nice. *nods to self* From there, I started splitting rooms and dividing sections for hallways, as I thought it would look more realistic with them (I usually don't provide hallways in my sim builds). Finally, I started setting destinations for each room, such as the study you see above. The first picture is located on the right side of the stairs and the second picture is more of a living room/study area, located by the entrance. Those two were fairly easy for me to create, as that was something that I had an idea of before I even started the lot. I wanted it to look Victorian Steampunk, not really caring too much about the farm look. I already had that going on on the outside. ;)

photobucket13_zpsyi41mnw2.png

After a long break away from this build and the sims in general, I started continuing it, starting with the kitchen. I was a little concerned, once it was completed, that it was too modern looking to fit in with my steampunk farm, what with the air vents and the dark and silvery colors. I guess it wasn't until I started the tv room on the opposite side of the house, that I believed it would fit in with the look. Here's a small portion of that below:
    photobucket7_zpsoanu6uzx.png

photobucket5_zpsd1upvlvr.png

Beside the kitchen and on the left side of the stairs, is the dining area, completely Tea/Alice In Wonderland themed. I decided to continue it a little on the outside of the house, as well.

photobucket14_zpsbrmmbbvt.png

^ ARGH!!! PIRATES!!! B)

The first floor was now complete, minus the greenhouse, which I would save for last. I hate doing bedrooms in sims, unless they're for children, so the LANDSCAPE! Err... The back portion. Saved the front yard/inside tractor track for last.

photobucket18_zpsc5b6myuq.png
    photobucket17_zpsbbtz49qy.png

Second floor begins in this "hallway".

photobucket16_zpszd6wvi4t.png

Bringing in the farm, slightly.

photobucket9_zpspzead5fd.png

Victorian bedroom. Wasn't so sure about the color scheme, but wasn't disappointed either. Is easily re-doable.

photobucket8_zpsg3jabs0s.png

^Bringing the farm into punk.

photobucket10_zpsbz9w1gfm.png
    photobucket11_zpsen17rdsb.png
    photobucket12_zpspl38w14p.png

On the third floor is the hobby/skill area.

photobucket2_zpstzjfemsd.png
    photobucket3_zpssa0jks7o.png
    photobucket4_zps9a9k2hj8.png

:heart_eyes:

Thanks for looking! o:)